Day Where They Got The Answer

Days of Ours
 
 

A little bit throwback to the day when two of them probably had what they called a date…

 

“Bae…”

Chanyeol had finally made Suzy turned and looked at him after the two perceived Kai passed while merely waved at them in the street. They were in her building entrance, admitting she actually had wanting to offer him to get in. The silence in between the sequences had made the situation was rather tense ever since they were finishing the late lunch. He was the one who rushed since losing the appetite in somewhat gradually, although he knew she tried to ease him whilst they were walking arm-to-arm by previous.

Suzy stared with her usual beaming stares. “Yes, oppa?” Which made Chanyeol questioned himself of truly wanting to exaggerate his own issues.

“You don’t like me, do you?”

But he couldn’t not to.

“Oppa,” she gave it a go, “If I don’t then, how could I spend almost my entire days, hanging around with you?”

“Then, you must know what it feels like to take in so much relief during all those days… And I… I just want to make this into one step further, because I really like being around you.” Chanyeol ruffled his wrapped snapback hair, before taking a seat in one of the stair steps. “And how could you laughed at me… I enjoy being alone with you, and I said it because I wanted to.” His big eyes darted into hers. “It hurts, you know…”

“You know,” Suzy also took her spot in the step, next to him. “I really like being around you too… Even from the first time I see you at the library—“

“Me too.” He sighed, eyes moving around not steady at her.

“Did you remember when you and Baek were visiting my place not so long after he moved and Sehun was here, too?”

She directed to the next building whereas he barely nodded. She didn’t make too many effort for him gaining one more spark on his used-to-be-cheery face, worried it might cause another misleading.

“It was actually you that made me let you guys get in…”

“I came because I noticed you from Baek’s place and I just wanted to see you… I don’t wanna miss the chance.” He looked at her once more, “Come on, Bae… Wasn’t it the earth telling us from the very beginning, that it could be what already meant to be?”

“It is meant to be—“

She answered, and he responded fast.

“Then, let’s date.”

“Oppa, this is meant to be.” She gestured of what they were in right at the time. “Don’t you feel just right for us being like this?” She made it clear. “All of us.”

“Fine.”

Chanyeol was finally on his feet after some ticks. Looking to his watch on the left wrist, another limb was motioning her to get into the place. He fastened the black overcoat when the wind blown, and the darker sky has made it sort of freezing. Suzy giggled, in advance of getting up then offered him a handshake.

“What the— Bae!“ Unquestionably, the self-reliant Chanyeol overlapped it with a tight embrace as substitute. “Don’t treat me like some kind of stranger… I don’t want you to change after hearing my full length of confession.”

“I won’t.” She replied in between his warm torso and her still giggling.

“Hey,” He seized her delicate fingers when about to passing the access. “If I still feel the same for, let’s say, the next whole while after this… Would you consider me for more than what we had now?”

“Well, never say never, but… Oppa, boyfriends will come then go and best friends will stay with me forever—“

“Just make me the perfect combination of both. In life there’s always be a first, right Bae?”

Indeed, Chanyeol had always been in full confidence whenever dealing with things he called his forte. The girl he really desired to will always ended up being his girlfriend, even though he would dumped her whenever he began to lose the chemistry— the series had constantly been that, not ever contraire, and not even once in his entire existence.

 

But then again, there will always be the first in life though.

 


 

Those four guys been divided in separate directions, once they decided to look around and find Suzy.

Chanyeol, was somehow went to the nearby campus area— his, Baekhyun’s, and Suzy’s— because it was where they usually hung around the most, said their living complex was around there as well. He identified Sehun was in the near library entrance, across the park, that’s why he chose to turned the way round, heading to the theater. Let’s skip the part where these young men were in the state of not wanting to physically dealing with each other ‘cause you know— such a bad stage they turned into earlier.

He also spotted Baekhyun proceeded to his apartment way— he probably was looking from place to place of their nearest hangout spots— and Kai, only God knows where he went as he was the first to sprint then exiting the eating place.

 

Sehun glimpsed to his iPhone screen, before pocketing it back to his denim jacket. Already more than forty minutes of him waiting in front of the books home main access, it was almost the closing time at of ten minutes to 5 pm, he wouldn’t mind spending a little bit more to linger. He had been aware of Suzy’s habit by mulling over books in its residential whenever she was feeling depressed. And it has proven still correct at that moment, he approached the young lady in cream coat when she was walking out the place.

“Why you here?” She spoke, unwilling to fully look at him.

“Perhaps, I know best of where to find you,” He replied. “Let’s take a walk.”

It was more like an instruction rather than was a mild offer. Suzy knew what better to just follow her longest time best friend.

 

“There’s something I want to discuss.”

Sehun couldn’t hold his thoughts for any longer when they were about a couple blocks away from her loft. He settled on an unoccupied bench before was tapping his palm, motioning Suzy to sit next to him. In which she complied with, a bit reluctantly.

“Those things you heard—“

“Sehun-ah, you’re the least person I’ve ever expected to do that to me.”

“That’s not— urgh,” Sehun buried his splendid face into the palm as exhaling quite loud. Suzy had barely folded her arms whilst sometimes stealing glance at him. “You were just hearing stuff that you should not,”

“What?” She simpered, “About the competition going on between you guys?”

“Chanyeol’s big mouth is often creating some ty things, you should know that.”

She was still didn’t want to look at him, even when he did persistently.

“Suzy-yah…” Sehun pled for her to at least glancing at himself, “We all do care about you… I do care so much about you…”

“I care about all of you, too.”

She finally was looking at his cold-turned-into-piteous-orbs.

“And that is where the difference built between us.”

Out of the sudden, Suzy flinched right when Sehun stated that last sentence. She hesitated, “W-what do you mean?”

Sehun just smiled at Suzy. At this particular day, that specific bond formed of years they have been very well-known to each other indicated eye contacts that only both of them knew what does it truly means.

“Sehun-ah, no…”

His thin lips curved even much slighter, before he was turning his gaze into somewhere else other than her.

“Yes.” He said, and insisted by grabbing her hands.

Suzy’s floating mind was about to crushed. After all these years, Sehun, her one and only bestest friend who stayed through the entire things she ever went over and done with— highs and lows, even break ups— and she never knew this was the hub he stayed through all of that.

“Maybe it’s the time for you to know… Unless, I never thought of this is how you’re going to.”

There was these unspoken words from him that she identified only by the look of his far unstiffened icy watches. She understood, although she did not say any as the clear hush occurred. He simply was keep gripping her hands and she let him be, she could not bear to release it. Those stole gazes in amidst was somehow frustrating them, nonetheless.

“So,” Sehun spoke once more in few minutes later, or so.

“I’m sorry, Sehun-ah…”

He smiled again, probably the most frequent he ever did, although the reason behind it was rather made her feel sorry.

She resumed, “I never intend to—“

She stopped, and Sehun noticed there were some streams already assembled in her eyes. In which he should be the one knows best of how much aversion she had when letting herself shed the tears.

“Then, no it is…”

He freed of seizing her hand and replaced it by embracing her. Sehun comprehended that Suzy let out her waterworks in silence onto his clasped chest.

Yah…” He was back to his lighthearted self to ease her. “Don’t cry… I should be the one who tear up over it instead of you.”

He could feel her head squirmed for the light chuckle as he was resting his chin on top of her crown. Sehun had never felt this relieved before.

“Sehun-ah…”

“Hmm?”

“Say it is too selfish for me to say this, but… Would you still be my best friend?”

He snickered, and pull away to made her see his serious face. “Even if you go to the furthest part of this world, and then you call me for any necessity… I will come for you, for sure.”

Looking back to those years he strived for, and forward, when he still would have her as the bestest friend— probably was how the universe was telling that this is what really meant to be for good— because in some way, if it’s not meant to be, then you could not push it to. No matter how long, as well as any kind of what you have been through.

 

Sehun passed the tissue he attained when buying coffees-on-the-go as he walked along with Suzy to the familiar apartment complex.

“Suzy-yah…”

She barely viewed at him whereas puffing the steaming brew.

“They need to know about your get going—“

Suzy paused her doings while she listened to Sehun who was well ahead asking her that only favor.

 


 

The air of silence between Baekhyun and Chanyeol finally passed when they saw Sehun was entering the petite guy’s assembly point.

“Did you find her?”

Sehun just nodded to Baekhyun’s question as he was taking out the cold water out from the fridge. “She’ll be here after changing,”

Chanyeol simply eyed him whilst supporting his heavy jawbone on top of the kitchen counter.

“Baek, how could you taking Kai’s side?”

The giant was still cannot get over it and yet, Baekhyun darted him with his utmost opposing look whereas Sehun just flung to the couch in front of the TV.

“ you guys, I’m not gonna talk about this anymore…”

“I’m not taking anyone’s side for God’s sake!” Baekhyun’s voice got high as he took a seat right in front of his best buddy. Sehun, on the other side, had gotten himself busy and improved the TV volume as he did not want to hear any of it.

“Okay, maybe a little bit—“

“Aha!”

Chanyeol directed his forefinger precisely on the outspoken’s nose tip.

“Don’t raise your damn, ugly, big finger on me!” He brushed it off. “I have my own analyze for that…”

“What ing analyze? I thought you’re my best friend—“

Instead of Chanyeol should taking it seriously, however, this whole thing has started them for more openly exchange, in which everyone could let out what’s going on in their heads.

“Yeol… You’re always my best friend, and Sehun, too—”

“I’m not going to be involved, don’t even say my name…”

The youngest chirped as he was focusing on the large screen rather than the olders in arrears.

“Sehunnie listen,”

He only decreased the volume, still not looking at Baekhyun, and Chanyeol was on the contrary. Even though, he let the best pal commencing without any intervention.

“Chanyeol was right,” Baekhyun tried again. “You never done anything in these whole years… And that such long time won’t also guaranteed you to be with Sooj in the end,”

“I know.”

Sehun missed the part where he must tell about the earlier refusal. He merely was turning around to see Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

“And you,” The petite arm gestured it to the giant. “You dare to ask her for a date without telling everyone else,”

“Hey! At least, I dare to do something…”

They both got Sehun’s full attention by the time. “Whoa… This is new.”

“And why don’t you tell me how does it ends?” Baekhyun had his hands on the hip.

“Because… Uh,” Chanyeol pursed his lips, “Because she kinda said no…”

Those hands moved to Baekhyun’s upper torso to be folded. He knew Chanyeol too well and why he didn’t want that to be exposed. “And you never had any rejection before…?”

He nodded, and suddenly pulling out a pack of cigarettes from his inner coat pocket. “Can I smoke?”

“Sehunnie, go get the window open.”

Sehun just followed what Baekhyun ordered as he seemed to be so thoughtful about this matter. He later joined them on the kitchen table.

 

The discussion halted. However, it recommenced in a several minutes far along.

“What is with Kai?”

Chanyeol inhaled and then put out the cig, and Sehun did the same with the one he just lit.

“You should see it by yourself…”

Baekhyun was in fact, feeling somehow repentant for the two. Hitherto, he could not lie to his own honest and blunt self.

“Kai is just… Sincere.” He took one of the cigarettes out of the blue, lightered it up and tried to breathe in. He coughed for a few times later. Both Chanyeol and Sehun patted the crestfallen petite buddy’s back, they laughed a bit seeing his force to attempt smoking.

“You could see his right changes, if you’re living with him 24/7,” Baekhyun emphasized the last point as he was fairly satirized Chanyeol. “I’m sorry guys… But for me, Kai is like doing this on behalf of nothing. Not for his own pride, nor even make a stand out of it.”

 

The four of them gathered in Baekhyun’s living place. The sun was already down on that day, when they were beginning to worry about Kai, turned out arriving in about nine minutes before 8 in the pm. He was heading to the fridge for thirst-quenching, and Baekhyun was the first to welcome the tanned guy, who was not minding the surroundings.

“Hello roomie, where were you all day?”

Kai finished the whole bottled water before answering him. “I probably search for her, like, in the whole city—“ He was up for another gallon of ciders.

“Okay,” Sehun was the one who spoke now, “She’s already here though.”

The talked girl was waving her hand whereas he stopped his activities of rummaging and cooling down in the refrigerator. Kai had directly advanced to Suzy in the middle of the other three, sitting around her on the center couch. He kneeled down in front of her, grabbing the shoulder.

“WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!!”

He nearly yelled his heart out.

“I… Uh, I was here since like an hour ago…” Suzy’s voice was small by that moment.

“You almost made me losing my mind ‘cause I don’t know where else to find you!”

Kai said, his voice was stern and clear while still holding onto her.

 

And somewhere adjacent to those two, Baekhyun modestly beckoned Chanyeol and Sehun.

 


 

A/N: A BIT LONG CHAPTER ALERT!!! *bows 90 degrees

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! ^.^v