Day Where They Go to Meet

Days of Ours
 
 

The sudden negative force between Kai and Suzy was making the other three feeling uneasy. In unison, they attempted to lessen the tense. Baekhyun was taking the margaritas from his kitchen, while Chanyeol crashed next to the guy, whereas Sehun pulled the girl away from the living space. They later conversed near the window which facing straight to her loft, after taking the refreshments the housemaster offered.

“I don’t like him.”

He knew it was never good when indifferent soul as her started despising another, she fret.

“Suzy-yah…” He wrapped his hand around her shoulder. “Isn’t that make you don’t wanna hang out with these people anymore?”

“No…” She folded her arms.

“Do you wanna get outta here?”

She looked on to her wristwatch, realizing the shorthand was almost pointing at seven, she made a little ‘o’ with her rosy lips.

“Shoot! Thank goodness you remind me!” She hugged him before then saying goodbye to the rest of them, and half-heartedly to the tanned, irritating one. And it was never truly what he intended, speaking of taking her to grab a bite, alone, that early evening.

“So, your royal girlfriend has somewhere to go—“

Sehun glanced to the greenie who said that, he thought Chanyeol was probably better than the blunt latest addition in the room.

“Yo dumb-, I’m not hooking up with her and in fact…” He sighed, slightly, in advance moving to the next sentence, “She had plans with her man.”

“She has a boyfriend?”

The pal nodded, responding the tallest. They both sort of have the similar discontent by the look of their eyes. Well along, Baekhyun asked each of them to crash in his place, Chanyeol was the first one agreed.

“I kinda exhausted to go out, but not to hang around with you guys here…” Kai said, before he eyed to the unaware palest. “What about you—“

“Sehun.”

“Sehun… I’m Kai by the way, don’t call me dumb- anymore, won’t you?”

“He’s academically qualified of calling you like that—“

“No, Chanyeol… I’m just kidding.“

“But, don’t make me start speaking about your GPA and LSAT—”

“Hold on, you’re a law school student?” Baekhyun joined their conversation.

“Oh my goodness, you’re so cool—“

Kai said, excitingly, as taking seat nearer to the actual newest member to the bunch. And their night was filled with so many conversations later on.

 


 

It was Sunday morning, when Suzy has awakened and she noticed her place was so still. None of the noise produced the same as when she was with some other group of friends, which they just inherently founded. Once she finished cleaning up, wanting to have breakfast, she suddenly grabbed a sweater and going to the other building instead.

Baekhyun opened his door, not a hundred percent have awoken and he seemed relieved seeing who came in so timely. A bare-faced girl, hair was up like she didn’t tidy it after face washing. Her oversized pullover, pajama pants, and slippers were just another unusual enticement.

“It’s you…”

He grinned, in advance of he was back to the earlier position, hugging a quite big plushie on his navy armchair. The girl looked around, this place was so disorganized, she thought. A few paper cups were all over the living space, with not a bit liquid drizzled, staining the broken white carpet. A couple chips packs were scattered on the coffee table. Then, she found Sehun and Chanyeol were sleeping peacefully next to each other on the three-seaters. They’ve been united with a huge, warm blanket. Whereas Kai was occupying the two-seaters, totally dozed.

“What— hoam…” Baekhyun was yawning, moved ahead to question the girl, still so heavy-eyed. “What are you doing here so early?”

“I’m looking for a company, for breakfast…” She began picking the nearest junks. “What did you boys do last night?”

“We talked, play games, and we drink…” He viewed around his place, lastly noticed the muddle. “Yeah, we drink… A lot.” Then, he got up, helping her to mop the room. The other three guys were still away in their own dreamland.

“It could be already lunchtime if we finished this housework before taking some bite…” Suzy sat to one of the empty seater, Baekhyun then be seated by the armrest.

“So, what you wanna do?”

“Let’s take these people to my place, I have plenty food ingredients for five.”

“Yeah…” He ruffled his hair, then yawned, again. “Who’s you gonna take with?”

She already was lifting her pale best friend’s hand. “You’re in charge of the rest.”

He stared at her, before glancing to the other two, whose built were much greater than him. “But—“

She was by then waking Sehun up, yet he was still half asleep. In a little while, they were on the way to the crosswise artsy loft.

 

“No, no… Go away…”

Kai just kicked the dreamy Sehun so that he owned the red, retro-ish couch for himself and then resuming the sleep. The palest then crawled and found his safe haven next to the calm Chanyeol on the main, blue three-seaters. The stuffs in this loft were completely different than the ones in Baekhyun’s simple apartment. The two awakened people were just looking slightly to the still sleeping souls from the kitchen.

“He didn’t like to share a place to sleep.”

He explained to the girl who was looking for decent foodstuff to create their brunch.

“What do you want to eat, Baek?” She asked him as a substitute.

“Hm… I think it’ll be great if we’re having jjigae…”

Jjigae?”

“Yeah… Do you have the ingredients or we should take a walk first to the Asian mart—“

“No, I think it’s in the left storage… I put the things my mom sent from Korea there…”

“Cool…” Baekhyun was soon opening the spot she pointed at. “We have absolutely what we need here—“

 

By the time when the spicy broth started boiling and both of them were observing the dining area, three guys were already engaging the red maple, four-turned-five-seaters’ table, since Baekhyun pulled an extra chair from the ones near the phone stall. Their heads were still slumping to the board, he swiftly snapped them because they were about to serve the meal, whereas Suzy has placed five bowls of rice. Then they all began the thoughtful, rustic, hometown feast.

“Thanks for the meal!”

They started to eat with no one was noisy enough to be a chatty.

 

“Did the Royal Highness prepared this?” Kai opened the conversation when five of them were too full to even talk. “You’re not that bad…” He directed to the girl who sat in front of him. It was his requisite effort of being close to someone when he has to be a bit more irritating instead.

Baekhyun perceived that the only miss was not looking very pleased and he knew what to do to get things evenly.

“It’s actually me and Royal—“ He noticed the invisible dagger shots from her look, which was why he mended the words, “—I mean Suzy… We woke up more quickly than you… But, yeah… She’s a good cook, I must admit.”

“And now, let’s decide who’s gonna do the dishes—”

“The three of you, of course.”

Suzy has quickly responded to Chanyeol’s senseless query.

“I know…” He merely chuckled.

“And we still have to clean up my place…” The brightest guy added, “You guys surely remembered the mess you caused tho—“

“Oh, no… Why do you have to bring up on that?”

“You such a morning ruiner—“

“It’s actually twenty minutes to noon.”

Again, the young lady has responded fast to Chanyeol and Kai’s grumble. But then, she gave another thought-provoking suggestion.

“But I guess, Sehun could do the dishes in my place and you two should clean up at Baek’s… Because he’s gonna use the motive of going back to his place, which needed more than an hour long to reach the endpoint, in a matter of sec…”

“,” Sehun glanced to the tallest nearby him and outpoured his sole sentence ever since the morning came. “I got busted.”

Chanyeol had merely jolted his foot then.

 


 

Thursday night at 10.14 pm, Baekhyun was alone in his apartment. He barely finished eating the BLT he made half an hour ago. He usually missed the appetite when boredom strikes. By the time he thrown the meal wrap to the bin, he took out his phone from his cargo pocket, getting who he should talk to.

 

Bacon Lover has invited you to join a conversation…

 

A few blocks away from the complex, the tallest Chanyeol put his guitar near the black-sheeted futon. What a right time, he began thinking of later calling off the night.

Not so long in the middle of such lively city, a tanned guy who wore a black and white uniform was about to take a time-off from the current duty. Kai then grabbed his mobile from his duffel at the locker room, before he was heading out from the back door.

In New Haven, a tired pale guy was currently reading cases for a morning class at eight by the next day. He was also glimpsing at his vibrating gadget on the study desk. At that point, Sehun has gotten up from his bed, and then rather focusing on the device.

The four of them were soon in chorus waiting for the last person they hoped of joining the chatroom.

Back to the familiar building complex, Suzy was lounging on her favorite red couch when she saw the online invitation from her iPhone. The digital clock showed 10.20 pm, when she just finished taking a bath, later making a cup of hot chocolate after rehearsal that evening. She peeped to the space across her window, where someone who sent the request was waving at her and giving sign to accept it.

 

Suzy Bae has joined the conversation

 

Chanyeol_is_Real              : Finally, Suzy Bae is in…

ohbubble                             : Told you her name isn’t that artsy

Suzy Bae                              : I’m sorry if I don’t have anything to worship enough like your bubble tea.

ohbubble                             : :(

Bacon Lover                       : LOL

ohbubble                             : Shut up you greasy pig lover

Bacon Lover                       : Don’t you dare insulting this whole country holy staple food

Bacon Lover                       : And like you can skip it during breakfast, with pancakes or scrambled eggs…

ohbubble                             : Ok, I surrender

Chanyeol_is_Real              : Kai!

KJI_88                                   : Present!

Chanyeol_is_Real              : What are you working right now?

Bacon Lover                        : What time your work will be done?

KJI_88                                   : I’m waitering at a fusion bistro opening now, Yeol…

KJI_88                                   : I’ll be home maybe at 1, Baek.

Suzy Bae                              : What is KJI? Is that a typo?

KJI_88                                   : I’m sorry Your Royal Highness

KJI_88                                   : I haven’t told you my full name yet…

KJI_88                                   : Kim Jong In

Suzy Bae                              : Stop calling me like that please…

KJI_88                                   : HAHA

Chanyeol_is_Real              : What if I call you Bae?

 

There was a pause…

 

Chanyeol_is_Real               : Like it’s your last name… Because Suzy is kinda common.

Suzy Bae                               : Why not I guess…

KJI_88                                   : Hey, why he’s allowed to call you with other name while I’m not?

Suzy Bae                               : Because yours is annoying, dark boy…

KJI_88                                   : You call me what?

Bacon Lover                        : Okay let’s not arguing about silly nicknames

ohbubble                             : Why 88, Kai?

KJI_88                                   : I just fond with those numbers

Suzy Bae                              : I thought it was your birth year

KJI_88                                   : HEY!

Bacon Lover                       : Strike

Chanyeol_is_Real              : XD

KJI_88                                   : I guess you’re not that young compared to me

Suzy Bae                              : But clearly I’m not older than you.

Bacon Lover                        : Hey Kai, you’re not working?

KJI_88                                   : Oh yeah my 10 minutes break is up

KJI_88                                   : Talk to ya later!

Bacon Lover                         : Anyway, does anyone free this Saturday morning?

 

Their group chat was somehow active until very late that night.

 


 

“Hey, don’t forget tomorrow before noon…”

“Don’t worry, Baek… I’m quite a morning person.”

Suzy was talking over the phone with Baekhyun, who currently attending a student conference outside the city. It would be finished by the next day after lunch, utmost. However, he still has to ask a rather favor to his friends.

“Chanyeol had to cancel for a reason I don’t really know, and since Sehun could be there briefest by after lunch, so you will be only with Kai. You okay with that?”

“Um…” She munched the apple after taking it from her fridge, then resumed to answer the person throughout the line. “I’m okay, I guess it’s just his vibe that purely annoying… What can I do then?”

They both laughed, it’s somewhat a frank, but direct joke though.

“Alright, I’ll bring some nice things from here for munchies… And, Sooj…”

He created one more nickname for the girl as well. It was from her actual Korean forename.

“Yes?”

“Can you see that kid at my place?”

She seeked out from the biggest hole in the wall, soon spotted the tanned being was walking around across there.

“Yup, I can see him.”

“Fine then, I should text him later to remind to get up early. I’ll see you guys tomorrow!”

“See you… And be home safe, okay?”

“Sure.”

Suzy was still looking to the adjacent space, she didn’t get what make her so into snooping that time. It’s actually interesting that I can spy over this window, she thought inside. At the moment, she saw the person crosswise was starting to strip his white t-shirt. She instinctively made sort of disgusted face, hence watching still.

Kai was listening to some of his favorite Hip-hop music, and he couldn’t help but letting his body moved along with it. A few body waves, and he added a pirouette, even though wasn’t that related, he was very much into it. I’m just alone in this place then who cares, he spoke on his mind. In five minutes or more so, he realized an individual was actually seeing all that he did by some point. It wasn’t the embarrassment he worries in the first place, more exactly the fact that the person spotting him was truly someone he knows. Someone who was laughing franticly at present. His hand had taking out the device fast, within the pocket of his dark green track pants. Panicky sent her texts, he could see then the girl getting it furthermore.

 

KJI_88                   : How long have you been watching??

KJI_88                   : How could I don’t know you can see me from your loft?!

KJI_88                   : >:O

 

Well along, he received her reply in jiff,

 

Suzy Bae              : Quite long till I kinda curious what song you listen to…

Suzy Bae              : You dance so well! :D :D :D

 

Kai slumped his body to the nearest couch. In point of fact, mortified to observe the amused young lady beyond the room.