Day When The One Was Very Sick

Days of Ours
 
 

The doctor and nurses came into the ward after Chanyeol deftly indicated, exiting to the nearest reception, informing them that Sehun had finally awakened. Being too eager as he didn’t mind his friends protest of why should he ran through his huge feet by the corridor, rather than using the in-room beeper. They walked out as requested to, intended for the patient’s additional examination.

 

Probably half hour spent up till the doctor came out, suggesting that maybe two of them could follow him for more explanation, while two other could stay to keep an eye. At last, Baekhyun took his concern as the eldest, snatching the mindful Chanyeol’s grip for company. Leaving Suzy and Kai to look after Sehun, who, by present had his tube changed with an oxygen mask. And from the look of his still, closed eyes— as well as the motionless— he had been unconscious yet again.

 

Never once in Baekhyun’s life he had ever felt such nerve of going into a specialist’s office.

“So, doc… What is it that made us should follow you down here?”

A giant warm pat been placed by the time he finished the sentence. Chanyeol knew, his petite buddy has been nothing but too concerned, ever since they have been informed about the accident. The doctor has organized several papers on his desk in advance of responding.

“Are you really are the relatives?”

He looked at the two young men who both nodded in unison.

“Most people were already found lifeless if they were in this patient’s earlier condition. The report said that rescuers had found him, being in almost four hours straight— inhaling more than 400ppm carbon monoxide,” even so scrutinized the guys in front, “It was…lethal.“

The tallest pal felt a weak grip onto his palm by the narrower shoulder. Baekhyun needed a support in its place, feeling a sudden pang by what he just caught.

“However, it was a miracle that he managed to survive I must assure you.”

Loosening his grip on Chanyeol’s, Baekhyun had his upper limb moved toward the desk. The doctor’s face was so unreadable and he couldn’t bear it. He hated it why he should be the one grasping all of this.

“But, he’s going to be fine, right?”

He has to.

“We’re going to put him into the hyperbaric chamber for an hour, and if he gets better, then he could leave by tomorrow the soonest… But then again, it will recurs— by dizziness, getting nauseate, and losing consciousness for worst— in several weeks. And if things are getting worse, he should be taken to the hospital over further treatment.”

“What’s the worst of it could be happen?”

“Brain… Heart damage… Or as least possible, he should live with the relapses for the rest of his—”

“Then, what are you suggesting me to do?”

“Baek—“

Chanyeol was about let his first word out ever as they were coming into the room, the buddy thought he should cut him nevertheless. He discerned, Sehun’s condition was not going to get worse. He wouldn’t, Baekhyun made sure it had been said out loud within his mind.

“Well,” keeping his glasses-bound perspective to the patient files, the doctor answered. “From what I learn through his records… He couldn’t stay by himself, for the time being, and from where he resided quite faraway—“

“Then, he’ll stay in my place. Until he gets better…”

Baekhyun was definitely in rush to reconcile the matter.

“Really, better than whatever you tell me by the indications.”

“But, you have to make sure, this patient shouldn’t be leave unattended.”

“I got four,” He raised the said number by his pointers, “Four of us that could take turns to watch over him. You don’t have to worry, doc… We’re like a family.”

Shifting glance to the giant at the side, he was then signaling him to settle right away.

“Yeah, sure. Of course.” Chanyeol was carrying on.

The doctor was eventually had agreed with the idea, he even wrote them referral to the nearest joint hospital, considering the guy’s apartment complex. Because if they should be travelling back and forth to this one— said earlier, the petite buddy almost forced his friends to went through almost two hours of time for walking. It wasn’t that the rest of them didn’t want to, but it’d be another problem if they got unwell because the remained whiteout was having huge impact, even people didn’t advise to stay outdoor for this period of time. But thankfully, the subway hasn’t been delayed as what they have been told. So that they concluded the distance for only thirty five minutes— they should’ve been alert for every possibilities that could take place.

A lot of things had muddle over Chanyeol’s mindful head, that’s Baekhyun knew for sure. He was far from his used to be cheery self once they got out from the doctor’s office. The small arm of the best friend then was reaching his neck,

“We got this, okay?”

He has merely nodded as Baekhyun implied positivity amidst the entire doubts.

 

Kai and Suzy did not share any word when they waited in the room to keep eyes on Sehun. He was still glued to near the door while she was sitting adjacent to the slight younger’s bed. He took a deep breath when catching the sight of she was taking one of the pale hand, to be enfolded on hers. As she was trying to push away the distress-slash-tiredness, she took quite restraint to not be in tears. Partaking support wrapping on the patient’s immobilized limbs.

 

Sehun was that kind of one person who had great presence whenever he had been in a place. Even though, he was the least to ever spoken, indeed, he didn’t fancy so much the act of speaking.

Say the least, his friends always knew that he's there.

And by now having his weak figure— lingered with the strong impression— it has affected such irony in some way.

 

He had awakened again in not less than quarter hour. Looking to the delicate fingers on his left, he tried to uncover the breathing support, in which she assisted him to.

“H-hey…”

She smiled, and it actually was more than enough to grasp it as some of his first sight after all the dread he felt when it occurred. And as Sehun had always been the toughest-looking person, ever, he attempted to conceal the whole anxiety and sickness within him. Trying to ignore the massive lightheaded, he motioned to Kai to get near him, yet the tanned guy refused.

He asked Suzy for relieving, “Suzy-yah…”

She could hear the weakness within it yet she was still letting him to recommence.

“Did I dream it?”

“No, Sehun-ah…”

Oh, …”

She giggled as tidying his disordering brunette-head, before she was resuming.

“How do you feel? Or, how did you?”

“Me?” Simpering as closing his eyes, then opening it to lock at hers. “I was…kinda afraid.”

His voice lowered, and somehow he could grasp Kai had getting even stuck to the wall with his folding hands. He looked back at Suzy.

“My head began to hurt as hell and… And, it was so hard for me to breathe, then… I started thinking about my family back home… Eomma, appa, and even my hyung—”

It was depressing enough just by the thought.

“—and then, I saw you guys… Well, somehow—“

Sehun had unwillingly his waterworks emerged by the edge of his sharp orbs, whilst speaking that. As well as Suzy wiped it off his cheeks, sustaining hard for her own to fall. Later, the two of them chuckled when it had to be done, since it was a rare thing for both, difficult-natured-individuals to shed tears.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol had come well ahead, stated that Sehun needed to be moved somewhere else for a treatment. It took an extra effort for the giant to force and to end with, was dragging Kai to disclose parting to Sehun by then.

 

The tanned guy have remained in silent for the rest of that day—

 


 

If not, even for the rest of the week.

 

Their first week after that accident probably was the hardest. Speaking about the first three days, when the take-home patient should stay all day, on the bed— he hasn’t had the strength to walk around, even to the restroom, he needed an assistance. The dizziness in his head was the single thing he could very much sensed— the gang had taken turns to watch over him and to get take-outs, since Baekhyun did not let the least activity to cause any smoke or carbon-monoxide to be produced within the apartment.

Bubble tea, was the most high-demanded stuff in that moment— please mind Sehun, then. He was allowed to eat whatever he wanted, as long as his body has to contained supplements. Not to mention, the nausea he always undergone whenever he swallowed something.

 

Some of Sehun’s colleagues came from the far-flung, speaking about one or two. And the rest of them did not wondered how could Sehun preferred to hang around with them, although they resided quite far away from his.

Sometimes you just couldn’t buy friendship for those mere of matters.

 

Baekhyun had voluntarily turned his room into a private ward for the youngest guy, as the rest of them had thoughtfully slumbered in the living space. Whereas Suzy crashed in the other bedroom.

That was recurring in every night for those days.

They even arranged their schedules so that Sehun would not be left alone in the place. Needless to say, the reserved-by-the-period-of-time Kai, was the first to willingly reduce his working hours. Only to give him more time to take care of the slight younger. Even when he was still remained in his own silence.

 

And that’s the thing they keep wondered why.

 

Thursday afternoon 3.27 pm,

 

Chanyeol_is_Real            : Guys

Chanyeol_is_Real            : Can you please go home right now

Chanyeol_is_Real            : Anyone?

 

The giant typed those quick in their group chat when he had put Sehun into the bed. He needed to lit some cigarette to decrease his anxiety, but observing the rules Baekhyun had impulsively added— in which he or Kai should go through the ground floor to do that— so, Chanyeol did not do it. As well as he was by now had the responsibility to look after the patient, he couldn’t leave him unaided.

 

A reply came in around ten minutes,

 

Bacon Lover                        : What’s wrong, Yeol?

Suzy Bae                              : Barely can leave till the next 2 hours

Suzy Bae                              : But what is it oppa?

 

Glancing to the younger inside the room, Chanyeol ruffled his messy hair as taking off his snapback. Leaning over to the doorframe, he couldn’t leave the sight nevertheless.

 

Chanyeol_is_Real               : Sehunnie was all good

Chanyeol_is_Real               : Remember we could take him to the living room since last night

Chanyeol_is_Real               : As he used to was laughing all out already right

Chanyeol_is_Real               : We also did when I forced him to eat the porridge I bought from near my place

Chanyeol_is_Real               : He still want only the choco bubble n were just watchin the talk

Chanyeol_is_Real               : And then I went for pee and then I thought he was asleep when I get back

Chanyeol_is_Real               : I know he has a bit panting earlier but now I cant wake him up

Chanyeol_is_Real               : He’s still breathing I double checked it I just think he passed out

Chanyeol_is_Real               : Its the first since in the hospital, right?

Chanyeol_is_Real               : Quick respond PLEASE!

Bacon Lover                        : Ok don’t be panic

Bacon Lover                        : I’ll try my best to get home soon as this session finish

Suzy Bae                              : Yes me too I think Mark can compromise

Chanyeol_is_Real              : Sehunnie so pale right now im looking at him

Suzy Bae                              : Oppa he is pale and nothing you can do about it

Suzy Bae                              : We’ll be there

Chanyeol_is_Real              : Yeah bae I know but…just come here im freaking out seriously

Bacon Lover                        : Hey where’s Kai?

KJI_88                                   : Present

KJI_88                                   : My shift ends at 5

Bacon Lover                        : K

KJI_88                                   : No my friend can cover me so im on my way right now

Chanyeol_is_Real              : Ure reading the whole chat why dont u reply faster

KJI_88                                   : How does it matter? Okay

KJI_88                                   : Lets take him to the hospital if he doesnt look good

Chanyeol_is_Real              : Alright Kai

 

Baekhyun, turned out, was the last to arrive at his own place. The rest of three were lodging the living space as they were actually expecting him, before they could decide what to do since Sehun has not waking up yet. Baekhyun— not mentioning about the shrunken giant— was the one who have been explained his condition from the doctor. As the eldest, he was in charge for any decision they should made, and by way of he was already clarifying it also to Suzy and Kai.

 

Tossing his sling bag to the table, the petite guy crashed next to Chanyeol.

“Okay, so how long did he’s asleep?”

“Almost two hours,” the giant motioned to the wall clock as resting his chin with his arm on the folded legs.

“Should we take him to the doctor or—“

Not even Suzy had finished her sentence, their mobile phones had rang at once.

 

ohbubble                            : U guys know i can read this

ohbubble                            : I’m okay, I’m okay

ohbubble                            : Im going out wait

 

“NO, YOU WAIT THERE!!!”

Kai shouted, perhaps the loudest he ever been getting whatever from his mouth out for the last days. At least, it was what Suzy, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol grasped when they were confused of his sudden increasing voice. Marching to the room in arrears the couch he settled, the three had quietly walking along. They stopped at the threshold when observing Kai was taking seat next to the half-sitting Sehun on the bed.

“Oh Sehun,”

The slight younger only blinked for few times, partly confused for the first few words Kai ever spoken to him in the past days, except the ‘What do you want to eat today?’ or ‘I’m right outside just call me if you need something,’. Catching the view of Kai’s eyes have been widened as if he was ready to dart him with fire shots, the palest had merely tidied the duvet onto his outgrown-long-feet wrapped in Baekhyun’s pants.

“You’re sick, okay…” Taking the porridge filled dish placed by Chanyeol earlier, Kai had it from the end table. “You’re ing sick.”

He shoved the food to the younger’s mouth, in which Sehun could not resist to accept. He crunched the nose not because it was nauseating, but simply for the reason that it was already cold. The bowl had been sited there since he was asleep, he thought so.

“Don’t think this as a joke… And don’t try to convince us that this is not a big deal… Please, Sehun-ah…” Kai said after a moment passed and he had his tone lowered. Whereas Sehun seized the bowl on his hold. Enduring the minor sickness he was holding and then keep eating it.

“You see, I’m eating…”

The tanned guy smiled along with the beaming paler in front of him. He put both his legs onto the bed as facing the younger, and he was watching him finishing the meal.

 

“I had a friend from work… Who passed away when being buried of last year’s blizzard.”

It was that one moment of silence, after Kai finally had let Sehun touch the bubble tea— which he already hated the most. He swore the younger could not have that for the next few days. He had to force him begin taking better foodstuffs.

Suzy, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol who had minding them for a while, were also keep an eye on what Kai had eventually spoken.

“Even though we were not that close, but… It was upsetting you know… When I see his family came to get his body from the hospital. And lots people also died for the same cause from year to year… You were so lucky to survive, you should know…“

“I know.”

He had essentially considered it as one of the most caring act, a best friend could ever given. No matter how cold and aloof he was at first, and had trying to cover Sehun knew by that, Kai had this very considerate self, deep inside the nonchalant outer for sure.

“I was scared that you might die—“ he mumbled.

Yah!

The younger was then mischievously patted the broad shoulder of his, who was having the raven-head lowered. Attempting to let out his teasing-mocking-laugh, he was poking the tanned cheek.

“I’m going to be fine, Kai… Yah, don’t cry.”

“No, I’m not… You ing sick idiot—“

Despite Kai was pushing away the guffawing Sehun, who tried to squeeze him when he have had his waterworks wiped off in flash. The rest of three was later joined them as they were enclosing for a group hug.

 


 

They were back to the hospital by the following week. In which Sehun had passed all the test, confirming for his complete recovery.

 


 

A/N: Okay, enough for the sappy part... Sehunnie is all right! And i give you a bit of SeKai this time ^o^v