Day When They Have The Emergency

Days of Ours
 
 

For the period after misfortune and Kai was hoping that Suzy would not be keeping to the living space to look after him, he was completely wrong. She was concerned for hearing such loud sound prior to witness his head bumped to the wooden wardrobe. Pretending to be cool, he flinched yet tried to hide it when she was taking the vacant spot next to him by the couch.

“Are you alright?”

She sincerely asked while contemplating the stiff-looking person beside, who— well, she didn’t know for sure why he was avoiding her stare.

“I’m fine…”

Only when she held the back of his head, he recollected the sting, in which he previously just minding the excessive thumps and achy within his core. By means the core, what it was in fact, exactly the place he could refer as the main amidst his rib cage.

“Ow!” He cried as pulling away from her.

She said, “That’s not fine… That’s going to be a lump.” Cringing while moving to the kitchen.

He knew she was talking the truth when he was holding onto it and that was why it ache so much.

Kai hoped that sometimes when she was still rummaging the icebox, he would have the sight of Chanyeol had waking up from the beauty sleep or else Baekhyun had concluding his ual activities. And there’s no way the universe was keeping with him at that time, he cursed for it deep inside.

Suzy retreated to the couch as she put the icepack to where he had the pain, Kai took it in its place.

“Let me…”

She let him and later was channeling the TV, not minding the actual rigid being aside, she definitely didn’t grasp he had being tense. But then, she saw the ticking clock on the wall, realizing it was way passing lunch. She got up from the seat once more,

“You eat anything at all, right?”

“I eat what?” He questioned, eyes straight to the huge screen still.

She responded him whilst directing to the timepiece,

“I’m preparing your meal…”

Tapping his shoulder before she moved to the kitchen, he struggled to secrete the gasps as he could not holding his intent look to keeping up with her movement, as long as she was doing the deed.

 

A part of Kai doubted, did he truly slipped the entire jittery feel through these whiles?

Or,

Is it a newfound thing he recognized after all the bits they have spent together?

 

He had many times of being attracted to womankind— mostly to fulfill the drive. Yes, he’s absolutely normal, so mind him— thought that new redhead from work, who he had banged last week. Otherwise, the blonde twins he casually met from a couple times before at the bagel shop. And let’s not speaking about brunettes— which were his favorite kind— he had tons of them he have visited the places solely at night, or sometimes in daylight he wouldn’t be bothered. Baekhyun even did mention that he was the 2nd most ually active between the guys, barely after Chanyeol.

 

But, how could this one is kinda different?

No, this is not happening to me…

 

However, as hard as he tried to push away the whole thoughts, then he knew his inflexible feeling has liquefied… Even just by the view of her carefully working in the kitchen.

It wasn’t the same to the whole lot he had gone through. Because the only thing he felt when looking at her was; by having her presence right in front of him, he got the click which signified that everything simply just right.

 

… This must be what all those guys were going through for these times…

No. I’m. Not. Them.

 

He kept muddled it over inside his mind for approximately an hour, until he chose to get Chanyeol up when the meal Suzy prepared seemed to be ready. He would not be having the late lunch only with her. He’d preferred to have his head bumped to the wall until he passed out rather than that, well, it already somewhat sting from the previous hit nonetheless.

 

“Yeol, wake up…”

“Hmmph…”

He detained the urge to smack the older’s crown, shifting to the adjacent armrest instead.

“Wake. Up.” He sternly have spoken.

“Five more…minutes—”

He ultimately did by other hand with the icepack he kept holding on, causing Chanyeol had abruptly been up straightened on the extensive settees.

“Oh… Oppa, you’re awake.” Said the voice from the kitchen area.

Chanyeol glanced to the darkened looking younger besides, scratching his not-so-itchy messy hair, he didn’t let the jiff pass to inquire.

“What’s wrong?”

Kai replied him with such aloof, “I hate you—”

 

—for making me realized this whole new thing— are you happy now, Park-ing-Chanyeol?

 

The younger didn’t say the rest sentences out loud, of course, alternating it with obvious glower. Before moving to where Suzy has settled in the dining corner, whereas the heavy-eyed elder trailed him. At that point, they observed the simple yet tempting Kimchi fried rice has being served on the table. The two gluttons did not waste any time to dig it in.

 

“Why are you guys keep hating me?”

Chanyeol probed unexpectedly in between their busy eating activity.

“Who even dare to hate you?”

Suzy asked, frankly. Initiating the tanned guy who sat across glued his eyes to the plate, keeping himself fed, did not speaking any to it.

“Sehunnie used to say it a lot… And now, him.”

The elder resumed, motioning his index at the younger guy.

Kai wondered why God has not making himself rapidly been invisible by that very moment. He cussed inwardly for the elder’s big mouth, wanting to duct tapped it so bad. Hence he was eating like there’s no tomorrow remained, and the two thankfully, were also doing the same.

 

In the next ten minutes, an addition of petite fellow came to where the three were eating. Yelling, as his typical loud self was definitely starving from the entire stuff he did by previous.

 

Their late afternoon, later, spent with the spectacle of Baekhyun had done the whole lot to make his sleeping partner leave the apartment. Starting from making excuses about his group wanting to privately rehearse a performance— which was so not true, speaking about they all had different objectives and preferences— up till,

“Go get on your coat, now!”

He instructed the three friends. But, as Chanyeol could not keeping his mouth shut, just as Suzy and Kai who were keep leaning to the huge hole in the wall, he motioned.

“But, Baek… It’s frickin snowing out there… Look!”

He knew the poor girl could not fully understand what he was saying, and Suzy giggled along with it. Elbowing the unlikely-silent character next to her, she talked to him.

“Hey…” Staring at him, she was not getting the flinches which he was trying to move a little bit further. “Is it just me or you’re seriously quiet today?”

Kai replied simply with staring back, only to gaze away in later seconds after throwing the signature smirk. Folding arms, then keep viewing the scene in front.

“Did the huge hit caused this to your head?”

He didn’t have the choice but to give a shot and mischievously answered— as usual, “Ha… Ha… You’re so funny…”

She lightly ruffled his raven-haired and he knew, he actually didn’t want to miss any of it.

 

Baekhyun were sandwiching with Chanyeol on the biggest couch, whereas he hopped on the resting giant after finally closing the entrance for his colleague. The dynamic duo had barely having time to playing around just the two of them for a while. At the moment, night had lastly settled for quite a long day.

Ew… Get your filthy off me,”

The taller exclaimed, trying to push his best buddy off his figure. Baekhyun was just wearing a sweater and still, the boxer from earlier.

“Not filthier than yours,” he retorted.

“I can’t believe you get that many rounds after not being laid for… A year or what?”

Not even Chanyeol had finished teasing the petite buddy, a small cushion flung right to his head. From the settees crosswise the coffee table, Suzy threw it from where he sat with the tanned guy.

Yah… Don’t you guys think it’s gross to talk about while I’m here?”

“Bae,” He tried to get up still with Baekhyun on top of the legs. “Don’t you want to know more about our life—“

“Yeol,” Another pad came from Kai and hit the elder’s perfect nose. “Really… Not nice. Save it later while we’re here only the guys, okay?”

Luckily, as he glimpsed to the girl beside, she was merely snickered when channeling the TV, as well as the two elders who were occupied by their own matters. He couldn’t get his eyes off her for a long moment and that was why he noticed her getting tired, sustaining her chin as resting on the armrest.

“Go to my room… You had your earlier nap postponed, huh?”

“Because of you.” She glanced as answering.

“Me? Tch…” he easily was countering, snatching the remote off her grip. “I came in because Baek was so loud and I know not everyone can sleep while—“

“I know, I know…” She smiled. “Thanks by the way, you’re being somewhat kind today, and I kinda like it…” Messing his locks as walking to his room, in advance of parting to the other two by the other couch.

 

“Kai…”

The called guy has identified, the snooping pair would not waste their time to interrogate him as soon as she was entering his room. He didn’t budge the chirp from Baekhyun until they both has moved to the couch he settled on.

“Did you just let Suzy—“

“Shut up.”

Kai cut the petite older straight, as not minding the guffawing giant beside. Chanyeol was the only person had ever witnessed him let his sanctuary to be used by a person other than himself. After their get-together at the wine place and previously on that day.

“Kai,”

“I said… Shut. The. . Up.”

“No…” Baekhyun muttered once spotting something from the TV to be converse with his pals. “That car looks like Sehun’s—“ motioning to a black SUV covered up by snowfall from the news.

He received constant smacks from the two.

 


 

Suzy has stormed out from Kai’s room barely in 7.00 am by the next morning. Looking over the open window, she got the view of people have cleaning up the street after the blizzard. She wakened up the guys one by one at the living space then.

Baekhyun was rubbing his still heavy eyes when Suzy had waking the giant and tanned guy by the next settees.

“Sooj… what’s up?” He yawned.

“I got call from a hospital… Sehun was there since last night,”

Baekhyun got his body full up at that sentence. “What?!”

“His car got overwhelmed by the snow… They said he’s still unconscious since they managed to get him out of it, and they found my number somewhere in his wallet this morning… But they said, he’s fine— well, I hope so…” She shrugged.

“Oh my God…”

He began to think what he intended as a gag at the other night, unfortunately was accurate. Starting to curse himself deep inside, Baekhyun was later bursting by calling the thought hospital to keep the updates of the younger’s condition.

 

“Excuse me,”

Chanyeol was breaking the ice when they were already walking at the street in the next twenty minutes. Suzy and Kai have remained silent for the time being, indicating as they were the type to stay quiet whenever something bad occurred. And Baekhyun not at all, was walking at his side, staring as signaling him to let the question out.

“Um… Which hospital we’re heading right now?”

“St. Luke.”

“…”

The petite guy glared when hearing what Chanyeol mumbled.

“He really was being stubborn, heading to this city—“

“Damn, Yeol… It doesn’t matter right now… He’s ing out cold, for God’s sake—“

Noticing that he was so unhappy about it, Chanyeol eventually prevented to babble further as Baekhyun was letting his unending nag all over the place.

Behind them, Kai was presently beholding at Suzy, who was appearing to left her glove when advancing out in rush. It seems that the guy was collecting his entire will for a good five minutes, until he had the guts to wrap her open fingers with his own. He might had also forgotten his at the closet, back in the apartment. Suzy had this very bemused expression at first he casually was doing it. He made her feel warm nevertheless, and that was why in the end, she let him be.

“He’s going to be alright.”

As well Kai eased her with that low voice as they keep walking on. He and Suzy knew they both were so concerned about that one particular friend.

 

Sehun has been diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning, when his car had being trapped in the excessive, piling snow. He couldn’t get his vehicle door opened and alas, the tailpipe get clogged. He was found almost being unresponsive, but thankfully a bunch of rescuers were in adjoining site when that happened. But then again, they stated in some way, his heartbeat was very strong for someone having the near state of death.

 

Baekhyun— as everyone might expected— was the first to crack up when the gang entered the ward where the youngest guy had being placed.

“Sehunnie…”

He had the tears— and snot— burst onto his cheeks, ignoring the supporting equipments here and there, he accidentally almost removed the oxygen tube. Any of the thing currently much needed by the patient, when he was squeezing the unconscious palest and Chanyeol had quickly minding it later on. He came to the bedside with Suzy at once, observing Sehun looked even paler with his unmoving body.

As Kai was being static near the door, since he was not the type of person who could show much emotion. Though he noticed, the slight younger was somehow struggled to move his hand. Slowly patting the back of the elder on top of him after some while they were being in the room.

“Baek…”

In which they all got startled when hearing Sehun had weakly saying it, in between his closed eyes and their complete stillness.

“I-I…just need more time to sleep…okay?”

 


 

 

A/N: Just consider the new pic as they were having fun time in the middle of shooting for a project...well, there're always possibilities for anything to be happened, let's hope we can see this five having a movie together or what~ ;) 

HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING THIS UPDATE!! ^o^v