Day Where The Kiss Matters

Days of Ours
 
 

Despite the fact, Kai had find it hard to not get this chance to tell Suzy about his feelings, cause he’s not the type who could conceal those sort of things very well. Speaking about how he could had mood swing— she’s the one who said that— in a day, and he figured that it actually had causing her concerned. But… Yeah but, he should have considered about the situation where Chanyeol had previously asked her for a date. And Sehun, who he’d been discerned, had this thing have been going on for years. And lastly Baekhyun, he did not sure enough that the eldest would be withdrawing that easy.

For the reason that Kai likes all his friends, he feels everything was dull without their existence in his life. Yet on the other hand, he likes this certain one— who currently was with him at the very instant— just much more.

 

“How’s your date with Chanyeol?”

He tried to switch the topic, rather smoothly. But ouch, it hurts to the deepest of his core. Counting an inaudible one, two, and three in his head, he hoped she wouldn’t be answering so patently.

“Date??”

That was not the answer he expected from her.

“Yeah…” Kai slung the duffel to his broad shoulder as closing the door when Suzy has joined him before they both were exiting the building. He eyed her once more, “Wasn’t it?”

“No…” Suzy giggled in return. “Don’t you think it would’ve been strange?”

“About what?”

“Me… Dating oppa…? Even if—”

Kai stopped rummaging his bag to find only the empty pack of his cigarettes and to look at her, sort of force her to resume the sentence. His voice has been up to one or two tone higher.

Mwo??

He insisted and she raised an eyebrow with a flinch of irregularity.

“Promise me ‘cause you’re my best friend, and you won’t tell anyone else about what I’m going to say…”

She offered a pinky to be twined, but Kai merely responded her with a line, “Yes, I’m your best friend.”

He kept locking his orbs on her every single moves, as they were walking back to the familiar apartment complex.

“I did have a crush on him at the first time. When we met in the library—”

 

.

Kai didn’t say it out loud, thank goodness.

 

“— but hey,” Suzy got her arms spread as she was kind of content of something, “I cracked out loud when he told me quite the same thing at earlier lunch.” She looked at her friend beside, “I get it has gone now.”

Kai shoved her head, he made it sure that it was not in the state of bumpy— mind his own scattered pieces of core then— “You stupid,”

“God, how dare you call me that…” Suzy faked an offended expression as she chuckled and he did as well.

She just didn’t know that he strived to.

“Chanyeol is the perfect kind that many girls would line up to go for a date with…”

“But, we’ve known each other for a fair time. He seems agreed on that, though…” She folded her arms as the late night had the cold bite. “And how could you like your own friends in that way?”

“You think that’s stupid, huh?”

She was doubtful to affirm but did it eventually, as they proceed the sudden quiet stroll later on.

 

Suzy waved Kai a goodbye when he had once again dropped her off to her building next to his. It was already near two in the am, but Kai have done some mental assuring for a good fifteen minutes before, to do what he has willing to next.

“Hey… Hold up,”

He grasped Suzy’s one arm as she was by then standing on top of the outside stairs step, to be on the same eye level as him. Kai was then had his palm covered both Suzy’s eyes.

“Um… What are you doing?”

She asked, but still letting him to do so.

He answered, “I hate to have you staring at me that’s why I got to do this…” huffed but still continuing, “I’ll let you know why I had such mood swing.”

“You’re weird, but… Alright.” She merely responded.

“I hate that you watch me dancing—“

“Okay, I’m sorry for that—“

Yah,” His stern voice was clear, “Don’t even dare to talk before I finish it.”

She merely pouted and he held the urge to keep on going what he had to tell her.

“I hate the fact, which you’re the only one that ever praise me after seeing the whole routine.” He paused for a sigh, “And it’s the first time… I have ever enjoyed someone’s company through it.”

“Yeay, me…”

Suzy spoke, and Kai suppressed her cheeks with his one other hand. She have gotten hush then again.

“I hate the fact that I let you sleep on my bed.” He saw flinched, “What do you want to cut me now?”

“Because you allowed me to.” She raised a forefinger.

“Yes, I did… And I hate that you were so much pain in the when we first met.”

“You too.”

Kai grabbed once again onto Suzy’s face, while the other palm still covering her eyes. “I’ll let you nod or to shake your head for the one after this.”

She gave him a thumb.

“You know what I hate the most above it all?”

Shaking her head, she did as per his instruction.

“I like it all even better than how much I hated it at first,” his hand was actually trembling in advance, “And this is me being stupid because I like you, a lot like that.”

His palm has loosely unwrapping, as Kai landed a soft kiss on Suzy’s lips at that very moment in flash.

 

After few seconds, he had finally dealing with her stare, and to perceive she was looking at him with more or less confusion. He went to his building later straight, with much more relieve within. Kai didn’t realize that Suzy has mixed up feelings since she truly didn’t laugh at it, just like what she had with another.

 


 

It probably how the universe works anyway, men have been provided with much less feelings compared to women, they said.

 

Suzy has encountered Kai, said for the weekend when they usually hung out altogether in Baekhyun’s place. He did none other than what he did usual before the incident on that night— only they both know— seemed like none have occurred between them.

And here again, she had gotten quite busy with the project, as well as he was— she’s the only one knew what had caused him get overslept, especially in weekend when the rest have gathered for breakfast and other stuff at the outspoken guy’s living place.

They were not meeting each other very often.

 

By subsequently the third week, Suzy was taking a few lemons out from the refrigerator at her loft when she heard the iPhone rang.

It was on Sunday morning,

 

Bacon Lover                        : Yo kiddos

Bacon Lover                        : If none of u plan to visit today

Bacon Lover                        : I have to inform that my place will be locked cause I need to take a good nap

Chanyeol_is_Real              : You mean beauty sleep

Bacon Lover                        : you

Chanyeol_is_Real              : XD

ohbubble                             : Still perusing cases for tomorrow

ohbubble                             : I’ll go maybe later 

ohbubble                             : Or not

Chanyeol_is_Real              : I’m going to be there later 2

KJI_88                                   : Hey u know I got the spare keys

Bacon Lover                        : Yeah yeah

Bacon Lover                        : You’ve been a lot outta home n I don’t even know if u consider living here with me anymore

KJI_88                                   : Baek its too early for a drama

KJI_88                                   : Cut it out

Bacon Lover                        : How could you leave me alone like this Kai?

KJI_88                                   : ……

KJI_88                                   : Stop watching that online kdrama thing I’m off to work

KJI_88                                   : Bye

ohbubble                             : Baek my place is available if u wanna crash and in desperate need of friend

Bacon Lover                        : OH SEHUN YOU THINK??!!!

ohbubble                             : Im just tryin to be nice

Suzy Bae                              : Baek just come to my place if you’re that lonely

Bacon Lover                        : Just lazy af

Bacon Lover                        : Why don’t u come here?

 

Suzy came in mildly half hour later, with an oversized sweater and pants, bun-kind-of-disordering-hair, appearing like she came from the rural of Korea. It actually was not a rare sight especially for people who has lived and could see her from the adjoining windows.

“Have you showered for the last couple days?”

Baekhyun, who was in more or less same house clothing, minus the hair, asked the indifferent girl who just walked into his empty living room.

“Sure I had… What about you?”

She probed back when they settled in the center couch, channeling the TV with popcorn bucket arriving from the kitchen through Baekhyun.

“Nope… Haven’t for almost three days straight.”

She kidded him by taking more inches away which he hissed in regard of that.

 

“Baek,”

Suzy called Baekhyun in between their focus of the action movie they chose out of nowhere to spend that lazy day.

“Hm?”

“Have you ever feel strange after someone kissed you?”

“Me?” Baekhyun stopped his single-mindedness on munching when hearing the question. “No…”

“How so?” She was absorbed of Baekhyun’s coolness while answering it.

“Because I’m the one who kissed… I’ll kiss when I want to and never let anyone kiss me first.”

“Whoa,”

Suzy spoke slowly, as Baekhyun has sassily flipped his blonde locks over. Halfly proud of his confidence self as giving an implicit pat to his narrow shoulder.

“How did it make you feel strange?” He resumed.

“Uh…” She threw back, “I don’t know… It’s just…give me butterflies.”

“Wrong.” The petite guy rustled the younger’s hair as he was snickering because he never perceived her being so naïve such at the time. “If it’s confusing you rather long till you need to ask someone else for solution, then it must be godzillas. It’s not like it’s your first time, right?”

“Of course not.”

She continued to focus on the huge screen. Baekhyun pulled her again to look at him.

“Who’s the lucky guy?”

He wiggled the brows, eyes smiling and somewhat has annoyed her to a certain extent.

“I’m not gonna tell you… Unless I want everyone to know—“

Yah!” He nudged her with a pad. “I’m one of the best secret keeper here.”

Suzy giggled for the saying she thought as some of the best one-liner from the infamous Byun Baekhyun.

 

“Sooj,”

The outspoken called her in its place, not even twenty minutes after their last exchange. She responded with a mumble while still focusing to the motion picture. Baekhyun gave her the best puppy eyes, in which he leaned over until got a sheer distance to her façade. She fairly eyed him with mere puzzlement.

“Mind to check if it’s butterfly or godzilla with me?” He beamed.

“Ew, gross!” Suzy exclaimed, whereas shoving the cushion to shield his mischievous-teasing-face and they later were guffawing well along.

 


 

A/N:

Kaizy ftw ^.^v