Day With The Decision

Days of Ours
 
 

Kai had always arrived first and left for last in anywhere he was employed. Even in the last steady one, where he had being kicked out for the reason that a specific guest complained about the thrashing he had made. Well, he really had to by that time. He loathed to see someone he cared about— she’s a girl that he rarely had any too close to— nevertheless, he was in for some of the place manager’s preferred personnel.

 

He had a stable by now in a bookstore, located in corner of one of the busiest avenue of the city. However, the place was still had some ingenuities, in which not too many sophisticated ones have to focused on. It sells books, mainly for children, and in between after the lunch break, some of the keepers must perform some sort of their typical dancing moves— in which had being kept since many years ago— and the kids would start keeping on with them. It actually was the deeds of having fun with the children then sway, which made Kai favored much to work in the place.

 

A week passed from New Year by present, Kai fixed the typical brown overall of the keeper’s place as waving to few colleagues who’d have the break ahead of him. He chose to eat later, since the place was quite packed at the point. Where thankfully some recent minors were still chosen books over gadgets during their meal or even far along to reach bedtime.

 

Observing the ticking clock on the wall, it was passing an hour. And it also means that sometimes in the upcoming interval, the buzzer would rung signing that he should conduct the sway by his own. He didn’t certainly care because he was beginning to get used to it.

 

He was placing some books at the Fun Historical section when a gentle hand tapped his broad shoulder as questioning,

“Need help for the setting?”

Peeping from the gap between his extending arm and shelving, he noticed the person was not unfamiliar at all. It already more than a week since they have encountered each other, before he was infuriated by that moment. Let alone the sneaky-stole-a-look they both have done through the hole in the wall. Thank goodness, none have ever caught the other while doing it and also the rest of three while occupying either one’s place.

He continued putting the books into the shelves as Suzy was starting to pick up some from the boxes, assisting him whereas dropped her coat in the side table. Her ankle boots were high enough to help her reach the top layers.

“What the hell are you doing?”

He coldly expressed in next five minutes.

They never had uttered even a word to each other since the last time she texted him after they argued.

“I said I’ll see you,” she answered while pursuing to adjust the alphabetical orders. “I just can’t tell when for sure.”

He barely glanced at her as still focusing on the job, and so did she.

 

“What’s with the all ‘my boyfriend doesn’t want me to hang around with you’ thing?” He tried to hide the smirk as he knew she started to glance at him by the side. “Isn’t that count at times like this?”

Placing her arms to the waist, her oversized linen sleeves were folded up to the elbow as she immersed of helping him for almost twenty minutes. She replied on impulse.

“If I am here with you, right now…” She was back doing the undertaking whereas he had by now his watches locked at her. “Then, I currently setting him aside.”

With the last single sentence from Suzy, Kai had his eyes wide opened. Stopping all the responsibilities he was presently doing, just to stare at her.

Only when the place’s buzzer rung and it signaled him to begin the customary routine.

 

it. Why should I do the stupid dance in front of her?? Again?!

 

Having slight recalling to somewhere and some time when she perceived him solely swaying in the crossing places, he had unwillingly adjusting it. Barely when he has a sudden thought, then and there whispering her as taking one of her hand, whilst still moving.

“If you want to help me then do it all out.”

He smiled as she had eventually linking him, requesting the adjoining people to follow the merriment.

 

It was the lone time they had ever meet each other by then.

 


 

A week later…

 

Bacon Lover                       : Hellooo

ohbubble                            : Yo

Bacon Lover                       : So, about what we talked before

Chanyeol_is_Real             : Dont we still have to at least include Suzy into this?

Bacon Lover                       : Chanyeollie always right

ohbubble                            : Baek u invite her

Bacon Lover                       : Why me why not you sehunnie

Bacon Lover                       : Wae wae waaaaaaaaaeee????

ohbubble                            : Shut up -..-

Chanyeol_is_Real             : I’ll do it

 

Chanyeol_is_Real added Suzy Bae to the conversation

 

Chanyeol_is_Real             : Hey Bae :D

Suzy Bae                              : Hey you guys

Suzy Bae                              : What is it?

ohbubble                            : Baek will usually do the speech

Bacon Lover                       : OMG

Bacon Lover                       : Why always me GOD WHYYY

Bacon Lover                       : I don’t fancy much speaking

ohbubble                            : u

Bacon Lover                       : Sehunnie ure so mean :(

Bacon Lover                       : Sooj?

Suzy Bae                              : I’m here

ohbubble                            : We’re having bday surprise for Kai tmrw u shud come

Chanyeol_is_Real             : This is why you should do it Baek

Bacon Lover                       : *peace*

Suzy Bae                              : :)

ohbubble                            : FINE

ohbubble                            : ill just shut the up

Suzy Bae                              : Sehun = mean

Suzy Bae                              : He was even born while being mean

ohbubble                            : I was born before you

Chanyeol_is_Real             : Sehunnie only nice to Kai

ohbubble                            : Says who

Bacon Lover                       : Tomorrow is Kai’s birthday, so…

Chanyeol_is_Real             : So

ohbubble                            : So

Bacon Lover                       : So… La Ti Do~

Chanyeol_is_Real             : BYUN BAEKHYUN DONT U STOLE MY EMERGENCY POT 4 EVER AGAIN

Bacon Lover                       : *singing*

ohbubble                            : Thats not even an inch to freakin funny

ohbubble                            : Suzy-yah we need u to come

Suzy Bae                              : I’ll try to, alright?

 

“Hey, dear…”

Suzy glimpsed to where Kris was coming. She put the iPhone and moved toward where the boyfriend was calling her. He was having two glasses of wine on his hands, approaching from her side of kitchen. She was then closing the curtain to cover her huge window facing the building across, and well ahead called the night with him staying over.

 


 

Suzy was with Kris for more than three-quarter of a day later on. She didn’t know why he was having the entire schedule been called off and out of blue wanting to spend the day strolling around the city. It was passing 8 in the pm when he forced her to have dinner nearly outside town.

 

She was intending to spill what was bothering her mind for the whole day after they finished ordering the pasta, yet he was receiving a call he seemed cannot missed. He already was doing it for a couple times as per today, she wondered if she could steal a glance to his phone screen later. And the statuesque guy had always diverting their topic whenever she wanted to confer.

 

“Kris, I really have to go after this.”

She finally spoken, after their panna cottas have been cleared up from the table. Kris has raised an eyebrow, motioning that he was curious what she had proposing for.

“May I know to where you’ll be going? And who you will be meeting?”

“My friend is having a birthday today and I don’t want to miss it—“

“Which friend?”

His speaking tone was starting to get deepened and she sighed, putting her nervous fingers around the cup of tea. She gazed at him, “If I say which one then you won’t be so happy about it.”

“Then you know my answer will be no.”

“Kris…”

He put his palm right in front of her face as he heard the phone’s ringing and this time she had taken a look onto it.

 

“Okay, so where will we be going next?”

“I’m going to meet my friends, whether you like it or not.”

Steady looking to the standing man at the side of her seat, she triggered. She knew Kris didn’t favor any of it.

“You chose them over me?”

He started too appeared unkind, Suzy identified it was the right time for her to leave. Quickly taking her black satchel and her coat over one hand. She began to set off, once looking back in addition to have words for him, truly wished it was the last time.

“Just like you chosen that Cara or Sara, which you keep talking to all day.”

She referred to his phone on the table, he could do nothing about it.

 

Once a cheater, always a cheater.

 

Suzy took her iPhone out from the bag as she was heading back to the city.

 


 

Kai changed the shirt he had worn all day as glimpsing to the wall clock. Already over 11.30 pm in the 14th of January, and a best friend of his hasn’t give any sign to come. Hardly taking any tops to alter, he finally was grabbing the stripes sweater and jeans to wear on. He was then walking out from his room to approach his three best friends who have arranged the previous bash. Sehun and Chanyeol were there at Baekhyun’s dining table.

“Kai!”

The tallest was trying to be full of glee. In which he knew the tanned younger has a bit disappointment by having his group of friends not as a whole on his birthday.

“Maybe she’ll see you tomorrow…”

Sehun put a hand on his broad shoulder as he placed his on top of it, shrugging gratitude for having them. He responded the two for being very thoughtful,

“If she couldn’t come then why bother—“

 

“Who said I couldn’t?”

Right when he stated and there Suzy was, by the time was standing alongside Baekhyun, who stealthily picking her up downstairs when Kai has getting changed. He was up right from where he stand as she was acting like must have appear cheery to the upmost, despite literally was dashing from where she came from. He grinned from ear-to-ear for getting her presence, rushing to squeeze her even before Sehun, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol give the encouragement.

 

“Next time when you get yourself a boyfriend… Please make sure he doesn’t hate me.”

Kai whispered amidst his tight embrace with Suzy, who was giggling almost with no sound while replying,

“Sure, I’ll do it for you.”

 
 

 

 

A/N: Quick update before the New Year approaching— will be away from civilization at the seaside so— see you again in 2016, HOPE YOU ENJOY :D