Day When The One Only Knows

Days of Ours
 
 

Kai walked through Suzy and Chanyeol, fluttering his hand in flash at them, stated that he was late for work at the recent eating place.

Nonsense, he actually had more than thirty minutes extra for arriving to the workplace. Sparing his glance to where he spotted she twined an arm to Chanyeol’s sleeve, it was what she usually did whenever strolling with any of them next to her. And needless to say, he was the one she only intertwined fingers with, back when they were heading to the hospital after Sehun got the accident. He surely did remember it quite well, though.

 

Why Chanyeol?

I’m not that bad compared to him, in fact— well, Baek said…

 

The young man stopped and made jiff to mirror himself toward the clear glass, at one of the shops on his way.

He fixed his gray turtleneck underneath the monochrome cover, he thought he didn’t look unattractive at all.

 

But, why not me?

Why doesn’t she realize that I—

 

Kai, had once again, shook his head while killing time to light a cig, waiting for his evening shift to come outside the building later.

 

And it bothered his mind well ahead, yet through the work he was doing on that day.

 

When the day had turned so much late, Kai was passing the familiar route he went each time he was heading to the next destination from work. Not too many passerby had become his spectacle in near twelve in the am, though he surely had to do what he usually have done, and it more like he needed it at least a couple hours more on daily basis. With the purpose of he would be catching up the requisite.

 

Strolling by an accustomed, concrete theatre, he looked over to the entrance while shoving his hands to the overcoat. Whereas a bunch of people came out and some of them carried huge equipment, he didn’t pay much attention to. However, he was sort of being thankful that he grasped some individuals were still wide awake such as himself.

 

“Kai!”

He observed a person have called him was someone he truly acquainted, that’s why he paused the walk.

“Hey!”

The much brighter guy waved then came to him with a camera slung by the shoulder. He seemed full of drive even when the nightfall had partially dimmed the sidewalks, Kai noticed.

“Uh…” The tanned’s darkened eyes have narrowed when thinking of the things he didn’t know why he should think by the time. “Hey, Mark.”

“Man, I never thought I’d see you here at this time…”

“Yeah, me too.”

 

Should’ve took another way around the block earlier—

Kai spoken at the inner side.

 

Mark returned, “So, you’re heading home or what?”

“Well…” Kai seemed doubtful to spill a rare fact to someone he was not really close to. “I guess—“

“That’s good!” Mark suddenly regarded to his folks on the back. “Hey, where’s Suzy?”

In which Kai did not feel good about that, hence he was still letting the older guy communicated to the group. Although another part of himself wanted to run over because he did not want to see her, in particular.

“She’s still changing.”

Answered the auburn-haired guy who carried some sort of huge mic, then Mark talked to him once more.

“I normally drop her first before going back to my place, whenever we wrap up this late… But, today I should do the editing in somewhere else which has opposite direction, so… I think she could come home with you.”

“But—” Kai broke in his own silence.

“What? Are you going to somewhere else?”

Yeah, right.

For one and other reason he didn’t say what he wanted to say. He signaled otherwise by shaking his head.

“Or, maybe she’ll be alright going home by herself—“ Mark raised an eyebrow,

“No.”

Kai was stern while answering that one. He sighed when facing the said young lady had come out from the building fairly a minute later with a few other misses, and Mark had innocently leaving their both to depart with the crew.

 

Yah, why are you here?”

Suzy gave Kai her best beaming stare— she never realized how much it has awestricken lots guys for a long time— in advance of him had merely scoff and thrown his face away from her view. Whereas he began to walk then. She paced her steps with his longer ones, as he was lighting another cigarette from his backpack, pretending to not minding her existence.

 

Suzy was not the type who loved to stay too long in silent, particularly with a person she have known rather well. Speaking of Kai, she knew he had been acting strange since the afternoon.

“Are you sick or something?”

Kai strived to give her the unkindest stare, “No.”

“Okay…”

He only looked at her with the coldest gaze as focusing on the track. He noticed from the eye corner, she was stealing glances at him, whilst putting her own hands to the denim jacket. She truly has appeared lovely with modest clothing as sweaters and washed jeans, which he loved to see on her by the time.

 

Why do I feel I like her better like this…?

Or, it is just because she is now with me.

 

Kai was the next who couldn’t stand the ongoing hush between them.

“There’s a huge bump set up front, make sure you won’t trip on it,”

She was kind of stunned when he rejoined her fixed regard. “I’m sorry, what?”

Throwing off the burning little piece on his fingers, he replied. “You should focusing on the walkway rather than keep looking at me.”

Suzy huffed cautiously as curving the side of her lips, “I will be not looking like this if you’re not having such mood swing in one day. You’re so weird.”

She recommenced to catch glimpse to the street, as what he asked for, while he did the contrary.

“You won’t get it.”

Kai babbled, by way of heaving a sigh and lighting the last piece of his pack.

“How do I’ll get it if you don’t say the reason why…” She huffed, which he could see her breath through the cold endure. “I don’t read people’s mind.”

“Then I should be thankful that you don’t.”

Suzy watched Kai smirked once affirming it, as they proceed the stroll with their constant quietness and being reluctant to each other.

 

Kai counted for a mere minute until he have gotten the sight of Suzy had going in to her building. And not even the muffled annyeong she could grasp when having him dropping her off before proceeding to the next apartment. Simply for the next five, Kai had getting out once more, taking the similar path he previously strolled with her. To get the purpose he could not let any of his friends knowing what he should’ve had done so late at night.

No more than he didn’t know there was a soul that could be much more alert other than himself, who couldn’t resist to follow the tanned guy well along.

 

Kai was sure that no one, no one, had ever tracked him to the private studio— thankfully his wide range of network have let him be well acquainted with a dance workshop owner— he already was using this place for his own concern, for almost two months since he registered the audition that will allowed him to enroll to the dance major. Finger crossed, because all the requirements, even the savings are enough for it. He only need to well-practiced the routine so that he wouldn’t let the chance, and a couple years of spontaneous run through dancing, passed just like that.

He always let the single room he settled in opened for a bit, because he was saving some of the lighting and heat from the outer room heater. However, it was from his seventh set of that late night, he sensed someone had watching him for a while— or, for quite a long time he very soon realized.

Kai then was getting up from where he laid after the drained repetitive moves of contemporary, shoving off his drenched sweatshirt, and step to the entrance. Where he knew the place keeper had usually fallen asleep on the front table.

“Holy —“

He rushed to switch on the lamps and dressed in the reversed top, he didn’t actually care for. He got startled by the shadow of long-haired creature near the door, it caused the curses flowing wildly from his mouth for a few times.

“Hi…” said the soft voice, then coming out from the hideout, appearing in a figure he couldn’t not know the best. Her clothes were still the same since he thought he already got her home safely.

Kai didn’t know of how much Suzy wanted to burst out of her laugh when grasping the tanned guy had been much paler of receiving her presence.

“What the fuwhat are you doing here?!”

He didn’t care much of bumping to the ground, dropped his knees into leaning and folding his legs. She marched to his direction.

“I know you’re not supposed of heading home from work, passing by the theatre.”

Kai needed to cover his inflamed surface with the hood of his shirt, while Suzy was taking a seat and staring next to him.

“Did you see what I—“

“I saw all your moves. Even now I can hum probably the entire song—“ She casually handed him the drink bottle, which actually was his, she took it not too far from his duffel in the corner. “You dance so well…”

His reddened face was actually half caused by the constant moving, and the rest half was he couldn’t stand her looking at him, candidly like that time.

Kai buried his face to his own palms. He thought of her would laughed at him such as when she first had caught him dancing from their adjoining window. In which had initiated Suzy— on contrary— was forcing him not to.

“Hey… If you dance that well, then what you should be ashamed of?”

She constantly tried to make his limbs off the façade. He squinted, in between the sheer gap of his fingers, “Did you say it just because you feel sorry?”

“Of course not.”

Kai exhaled in defeat of finally letting his covering off the face, taking the bottle on her one hand, gulping it until got cleared. Suzy shifted then to be right in his front.

“What is the story behind it?” She asked, he knew it was blunt for a commoner.

“Fragility.” That’s why he answered short but very on point.

“Whoa…” Suzy resumed her awe as Kai just setting his dark orbs to her beaming ones, “How could someone like you be so fragile?”

He smirked at the matter. Taking each of his scattered belongings, he kept an eye to the confused young lady, who eventually was getting up to keep on with his steps.

“I think I never danced it very precisely until this time… And,” He never threw the signature smirk pretty often, “You really wanna know?”

Kai asked Suzy once he was tossing his stuff to the bag and she was fixed beside him, she barely nodded through that question.

“Do you wanna know why previously I was heartbroken…?” he said.

Suzy really had no idea of what Kai was talking about.

 


 

A/N: Shoutout to our Dancing King!

KIM JONGIN <3