Day When The Trigger Pops

Days of Ours
 
 

The following days went like this; one was full with not-so-significant-called-movie-project, stated a soul. Not too different with one demanding to prepare for finals which actually would-not-be-occurring-till-the-autumn-comes. Merely was looking over one another huge windows, while one was occupied by tight-waged-in-two-or-more-take-ons to save funds on behalf of future’s sake. Meanwhile, another one living in few blocks away stayed hectic, rehearsing with the top band to participate in a competition which— in fact will be taking place in still a couple months to go— assumed the professor was a crazy for keeping the rhythm. Simply making time to get less-than-an-hour-video-call to others or even one other in far-flung, who was full with after-exam-full-of-bull-cases and ty-trials-replicate.

 

Their first and second week was not less than recurring such as that, while in the third, they were feeling pretty much needy to have each other’s presence. Talking about the definite one another’s company.

 

Only by then, one soul could not join their usual get-together at Baekhyun’s place. Said the person needed few things done prior to bring about free time.

 

“So, Sooj’s still taking in the set, huh?”

The placemaster asked from where he got a full bowl filled with nacho cheese, in which Chanyeol struggled to snatch some of it for the last ten minutes. The petite hands were shielding it, bursting without minding two much bigger arms trying to invade.

“Let’s play a game,”

Kai stared blankly to the waived giant, who was snatching his caramel popcorn as a substitute. “What kind?”

“That kind of none of us will spilled after whatever been said, otherwise done,”

 

Somewhere in some days like this, their impractical ideas were mostly could turn the inept spare whiles turned interesting bits. Speaking about going to hip places, on every occasion, were not so good choices to ordinary students as themselves. Say to spend some time together.

 

“Just ing tell us what, Yeol—“

Sehun received some cheese sauce spread on his faultless face. He barely was glancing at Baekhyun who done it and Kai keenly had wiped it off from the palest edge.

“Bad words not allowed.” He sassily expressed.

“Like you never speak any—“

“Oh Sehun,”

The eldest was indirectly taking role as the mum, almost in every bit of their affiliation.

“You know that ‘When God Made’ illustration? And He was like overpoured something to each of us, and then—“

Chanyeol sounded too excited explaining the part, well, almost everyone knew what that was. Sehun snorted by the furthest seating, speaking directly as he always was,

“That was so last year.”

“Yeah, but Sehunnie,”

The elder sustained,

“It’ll show what any of us think about others… It’ll be fun.”

“You mean you wanna trigger the heat amongst us now?”

A tanned hand halted the discussion concerning the two elders, shoving a bottle of complimentary whiskey he got from a friend by visiting an old workplace before meeting his besties.

“Then, we do it like gentlemen.”

“You dare to?”

Chanyeol grinned from ear-to-ear as perceiving one have agreed to follow his make-believe procedures, to carry out the night. In latter the two had no choice to keep on going with them. Baekhyun and Sehun surely not the best on guarding their sanity when greeting the booze.

 

The rules went as, they go taking turns in clockwise direction. Writing the ‘over-pouring’ part to the person they were next to. So everyone would not be getting the same answer and bringing up to the similar individual.

 

Kai was the first to uncover the little piece of paper handed by Sehun.

“iness… Like my overly appeal?”

He squinted to the much paler younger, who was withstanding his sharp chin with a palm, after all of them equitably drank triple, prior to proceed their match.

“So, do you think I’m hot?”

“I’ve miswrote the derpiness.”

Yah…” He poked the brunette crown, smirked as his face tried to show the least reaction of being contented. He often heard it clearly— especially from opposite , even he got some misses came to the current bookstore from where they once usually enjoyed the afternoon tea.

“We agreed to only write praises. You should be punish,”

“But, being derp in a good way—“

Sehun had almost choked when the huge hand of Chanyeol across forced him to gulp another shot.

“There’s no such thing.”

The youngest guy’s cheeks reddened and he fairly leaned his head to the nearest rest. Furrowing the brows as his nose scrunched for the excessive smell of alcohol, when the following turns has getting advanced. He never was a good drinker— probably subsequent to Baekhyun— he always getting tipsy by foremost.

 

Baekhyun wasn’t a big fan of the ‘sass’ which Kai wrote for him. Therefore, he was forcing the younger to receive the penalty, but Kai was absolutely slyer when it came for matter like this. Speaking about he referred it to the high spirit, which Baekhyun was never seemed running out for. The petite guy eventually was swallowing the shot.

Games like these were actually mere attempt for better-mind-drinkers as Kai and Chanyeol, to ridicule the two others. Because in between the next turns, resulting ‘musicality’ to the tallest and ‘brain-management’ for Sehun, they were causing the much inadequate subjects to swallowed another round. Whereas they both cracked out loud to put the seconds.

 

Come what may amidst Sehun was sandwiching with the smashed Baekhyun on the biggest couch, Chanyeol was viewing the crossway living place as he glanced over his watch, showing 10.09 pm. Looking to Kai, who was sipping a bottle of light beer with chicken wings by the dining table, the elder was later pulling the chair aside of him.

“What if Bae was partaking the game?”

Simply raising an eyebrow, he was still choosing to get busy with the munchies. Chanyeol nudged the younger with an easy fist, he eventually was focusing.

“You’re too obsessed.”

Kai answered, shifting his focus back to the chicken. Consequent to the bigger eyes kept watching over.

“I am too obsessed?”

The black-headed nodded, causing Chanyeol queuing some of his infamous snooping.­ Thus, the younger was raising his head, to retain the view.

“Even the mailman could see how much you get your head full of her since the day one,”

“And why you’re saying this right now?”

“Okay, then… Spill it, Yeol…” His voice been lowered when hearing the rustles from the living room, preventing two sleeping souls of getting up, “What if she was with us?”

“I’d say lots of things, going on my mind…”

“Then, say it…”

Kai stood up from the seating, throwing the used serving dish to the bin at the kitchen as he was washing his hands and Chanyeol was still keeping his orbs locked. He was returning to the previous position in jiffy, emptying the beverage on his grip.

“Kai…”

He made the younger shifted glance once again.

“What if you were the one to say things about her?”

Turning around to the noiseless living space he whispered.

“My goodness, Chanyeol… I’m not them,” His forefinger was directing to his sleeping buddies. But then, he was crinkling the features, “Hold up… I see what you’re trying to do—“

 

The perspicacity inside the mind was not merely Sehun’s. All of them surely was sharp in some sort of things, and Kai had finally was realizing why did Chanyeol had ever made him assumed that she was once needing to see him. Even back to the times way before that, he aimed to dig up more. He decided to save it for later, considering he was sort of having qualm, and worries, he didn’t want to get involved in any unspoken rivalry between the rest of three. He still did not see himself going to that way, because he didn’t want to.

 

“So, what would you say?”

“Really, Yeol?”

Kai grunted and getting up from his seat. Taking out his iPhone and plugging the earpiece from the end table, he stared yet again to the older,

“I’d say nothing…” He plugged a piece into one of the lobes, “Everything’s just right—“

“So, for you… All good, huh?” Chanyeol was the one who was raising the eyebrow. “Kai, I think I’m going to ask her for a date…”

“Why are you keep saying this kind of stuff to me?”

“Because I have ninety-nine percent of certainty that you’re might be too dense to see—“

“Then, ask her… I won’t mind.”

 

Chanyeol almost let the smug out as seeing Kai moving around, walking to his room. He crashed his body to the bedding as the tune on his ears keep throbbing, might as well as somewhere within his core. Rustling his raven hair, he cursed the older deep inside, why should he said all those things? And why it made me musing over it? . He finally let it in as the music keep slowing down and taking him away to the never-never land.

 

In some way, they both did not grasped that Sehun was already aware for a good few minutes up to that time.

 


 

Chanyeol be discerned that he has surrounded by some of the best personalities the world could ever offered. They really were varied in so many-good-ways. Hence, it never was a coincident that they may well had few resemblances, say one was the excessive-and-worthless-snooping.

 

He got abruptly awakened by the outspoken in the next morning,

“Yeol… Wake up…”

He hated the ache he felt from the back of neck, whereas he was sleeping with inappropriate position, since the petite one and youngest raiding the whole spaces. Pictured a giant used armchair for a five feet tall— yeah, mind you. He hissed petulantly as seeing Baekhyun was using all his might to waking up the dreamy palest.

“Sehunnie,”

Oh…”

And then he leaned over for the exciting part,

“Some guy is having morning coffee at Sooj—“

“Fuwck, no… Jwinjja??”

Nearly was having his bare sole right on Baekhyun’s nosetip, then and there having to look over the settings, he perceived the two elders who were currently with him.

“Kai?” He asked while lowering the cream woolen turtleneck, up to his lisp.

“He’s in his room.”

To that, Chanyeol heaved a sigh as moving his heavy feet to the adjoining hole in the wall. “Who is it?” He squinted to make sure what he has longsighted.

“I don’t know, so… Shall we crash in?”

Baekhyun only responded whilst taking his burgundy coat off the hanger, and Sehun was already next to himself.

 

Yah…”

They got hold when one was speaking ahead of they were departing.

“You guys it’s still early for interfering someone else’s business.”

The tanned guy was out from his room, taking a bottle of water from the fridge when observing his pals were about to exiting the apartment.

Yah… Like you guys have ever mind the time whenever coming to this place… That, I never mind.”

Declared Baekhyun to sum up, in advance of opening his door, he added.

“And just so you know, we’re running out the coffee you have to had before starting the frenzies you fancy for the day, so—“

“Whatever you want, Kai…”

Chanyeol exclaimed as he went on, assigning Sehun to get in line with him without delay.

 

Annyeonghaseyo…”

Baekhyun said as perceiving Suzy opened her entrance still being so weary.

“Hey, you guys…”

She perceived the three others, started from Sehun, Chanyeol, and a typical-uninterested-looking Kai were lining up before the verge.

“Foods are in the usual place— ugh,” She extended the opening door. “I need to go to the bathroom… Make yourself at home, and,” She directed to the visitor, waving a hand at them, and so did they. “Well… You know each other.”

 

The light-haired guy was reading a bundle of papers— appeared like a script— on his grip, with a cup of steamy drinks right on the surface. He was sitting on a stool by the loft kitchen counter, in addition to Kai was the only person who approached him straight. As per making his own brew, next to collecting the container, mug, and spoon from nearby cabinet.

“Hey, Mark…” The tanned spoke as taking seat beside him. “What are you reading?”

“Screenplay…” He peeped to the younger’s clutch. “So, a huge coffee person yourself, huh?”

“Never been able to spend a day without it.”

“So, Mark…”

Baekhyun chirped, and Kai swore he never grasped his other three friends were already there leaning to the counter themselves. He thought they were still busy planning whatever stupid ideas they had by the living space. Leave alone they never were being too sociable to others— except their only bunch and few star-crossed souls. He hated the fact that they could be so menacing, and clumsily immature, at times like this.

Chanyeol and Sehun were presently having their hands shaken by the cordial Mark— who knew none hostiles concealed between any of them. The elder resumed without minding the signs Kai passed him, while began to slowly drink the beverage he just made.

“Did you sleep with Suzy?”

Kai had no intention then to gush his coffee on purpose to Baekhyun’s striking façade.

 

 


 

 

A/N: An update just because I miss reading my lovely readers’ comments...
HOPE YOU DO ALL ENJOY IT!!! ^o^v