Day With The Blizzard

Days of Ours
 
 

It was Friday by the following week, every TV station fixated to update the news about excessive snowing through the whole city and the entire activities should be put off for good. The authorities had given warnings to people not leaving their home, because it would be more risky if they did going out later on the day.

 

Kai curled up his wrapped gray sweats body inside the fluffy duvet he dragged from the bedroom since earlier this morning. Having his steaming cup of coffee and Baekhyun’s seventeen inch laptop on top of the table— the thing has usually been a mocking material between their group, saying that it was outdated and inefficient. But at times like this, the petite guy would be ridiculing them in its place. Thankfully, he was still being away in his own dreamland.

The tanned guy was about to start the video call when he heard the buzzer’s sound and he should be opening the door. An eskimo-looking Chanyeol stood in front of it with such thick-layered jackets, coming in with gratitude of getting company, breakfast selections, and well-heated dwell. Said that the only stuff remained in his flat was plain cold milk and cereal.

 

It was passing 9 in the am, when Chanyeol was about to ask the younger who seemed occupied at the living space, back fronting the kitchen counter. Turned out was another buzzer sounded, at what time Kai opened for it, he gotten another eskimo-styled person coming. And it was Suzy,

“I saw you guys from my place, and my heater is off… I have the superintendent working on it and it ,” She babbled after taking off the pile of coats and approaching the kitchen to reheat the leftover vegetable pancakes. Where Chanyeol was still making his meal next to her. She asked, “Where’s Baek?”

“In his room.”

Kai answered whereas retreating to his previous cozy position on the couch, typing more or less to the laptop and in the next seconds, a usual flat voice came out from it. 

“What took you so long?!”

“Relax… There’s visitors in such early—“

A giant moved toward and took a seat next to Kai on the settees, realizing it was a very familiar person face popped up on the screen, he said a cheerful hi.

“Sehunnie!”

Having one more face shown to the display, the youngest guy snorted and letting his cranky-usual-morning-self emerged to his friends far and wide. “I thought it will be like actual visitors instead of that kind of visitors, Kai…”

Chanyeol chirped whilst directing a forefinger to the arrears, “Bae is here, too…”

“Yeah, yeah…” He taunted through the screen, his messy brunette shown a tad clear and in the next jiffy an addition of a girl has greeted him.

“Have fun with the feast you guys had while I’m being here, without any…”

He must be referring to Chanyeol who was currently puffing the noddle soup, also Suzy and Kai who were having the food with the fork on their grip.

“Sehun-ah, you can be buried in snow while driving here right now…”

He reacted at her straight, “What are you guys eating?”

Pouting as he looked over his busy munching fellows.

Ramyeon…” Said the deep-voiced.

“What are these? Well… I’m not very sure but it tastes good,”

Suzy cut Kai when examining the thing on his hold.

“It’s pajeon.”

Only her explanation was causing Sehun desired more to gather with them and a bit missing the homeland for sure. And speaking about homeland,

“You haven’t told them?”

Suzy paused her eating activity, so did Chanyeol and Kai. Despite she knew who was Sehun referred to, she tried to have this flat expression— said she had learned from the best of knowing the coldest being for years— and on the side, the other two guys were gazing at each other.

“Who’s talking to who?”

The older questioned, getting nods from the tanned.

“Ask her.”

That one came from the screen. She faked a cough before was carrying on,

“I… uh… Currently have this movie project, and,” She contemplated to Sehun, who was raising an eyebrow, although he grasped that she was giving signals to not spilling it.

“And?”

He really was not helping her.

“And… Well,” Thinking hard she almost rustled her loose hair with the hands, full with the smear from pancake. Chanyeol and Kai was already being observant and locked their orbs at her.

“Mark…” She kept saying the name on their constant conversation and she would be, in not so later, having more time with the said guy. “With Mark.”

Regardless of they actually grasped her being a bit edgy, Sehun on the other line, was eventually shutting his mouth. Not discussing about it further, maybe it wasn’t the right time to reveal it to the rest of the guys. Kai, instead, suddenly have another thought that he wanted to confer with Suzy.

“That’s why I sighted him lot around here these days—“

“And why are you minding that all of a sudden, Kai?”

He forgot Chanyeol had such weird opinion about him concerning the girl. Now, he was being, literally, the center of attention. Being, also in fact, the center between the laptop, and both Suzy and Chanyeol on the couch. He coldly was simpering to the giant beside.

“I just saw him… That’s all.”

He swore he would slit the silently grinning Chanyeol, who he was trying to shield from the girl. He glared at him, while on the other hand, the girl was getting up from the couch.

“Where are you going?”

The inquiry from Kai even made Sehun, who was busy with the chocolate bar from the far-flung, peeped at it. Might as well as Chanyeol.

“It’s unlikely for Baek not getting up till 10—“

He held her hand and made her to sit again next to him.

“He came home last night with a girl.”

The rest of three then made an inaudible ‘o’ with their mouths.

Chanyeol muttered, “He finally got laid…after what I said last week—“

“Ah, ah, ah…”

He didn’t get the frown from the younger, in which by the other place Sehun had assenting Kai abruptly doing the deception. Chanyeol has not getting it, which what he stated about how long of Baekhyun did not getting laid, was to get over what the eldest carelessly tested Mark— well, sometimes some people were just not quick as the others.

“What?”

“Just guys’ thing.”

Suzy let a tongue out when catching the passé statement from Kai.

 

Later, the big eyes of Chanyeol spotted an unnecessary view from what he sighted through the display of the palest living room.

“Sehunnie, am I seeing a girl just wearing your oversized shirt?? Right there…”

He skipped the bottomless part, pointing to the edge of the monitor nevertheless. Causing Suzy, who was finishing the dishes and Kai, who just exited the bathroom, soon crashed to the empty spaces next to the tallest.

Oh,” Sehun eyed the mademoiselle on his rear indifferently, “You’re awake…”

They kept being silent as they knew he was talking to the blonde and long-legged, totally modelesque young woman. In advance of she was leaving the sight, seemed moving to the other room. Simply the restroom they identified, remained from the pale guy’s flat.

“, I forgot her name…”

Sehun scrunched his nose as eyeing back to his friends on the screen.

“Sehunnie, I’m so proud of you…”

Chanyeol enacted the very look of a full pride older brother, and Kai was succeeding him. Suzy was also keeping her shimmery stares, flashing thumbs to her grown-up best friend. Purely didn’t know that Sehun had wanting to stab himself for letting that scene exposed in front of her.

He attempted to against it, “It’s just… Last night was so damn cold—“

“Yeah, I take that as an answer as well.”

The rest of three by front of the laptop moved glances to their back, someplace where Baekhyun was there. Having his blue sweater and yellow boxer, yawning before casually was reaching them.

“Good…late morning, kiddos!”

 

Their video call session must be adjourned as Sehun had to drive the girl, turned out named Karen, back to her apartment. Said that the place was not too far away from his. And in his part of municipality, the blizzard was not getting too severe as theirs.

 

Baekhyun had his girl partner later out from his room. However, since none of them except himself could speak Japanese and he was exhausted of translating between Yuki— he met her for a few times in the same vocal studio— and his friends, that was why he took her well ahead back to his bedroom. In which not even in twenty minutes, the rest of three moved from the living room, to the space near the enormous hole in the wall. To avoid hearing of what they did inside with less talking but being much loud themselves.

 

Chanyeol and Kai could not help but converse of why they keep the strict rule of not taking a girl home, especially for casual and doing it in their place as a substitute. They guffawed by the thought of the petite guy would be engaged for the rest of day, seeing the heaping snow downstairs, from where they have the frontage on. Suzy had merely shaking her head, overhearing what the two guys have chatted without even minding her presence.

“So, that’s why you guys…”

“Yeah…”

Chanyeol responded her without even have to explaining, but then he had a thing to deliberate.

“Only Kai here…” He patted the broad shoulder next to his, raising his fine brow and shifting glances to the girl in front and back to the younger. Kai simply eyed him with the what-ing-do-you-want-now stare.

“He couldn’t sleep with anyone else on his bed… It’s his sanctuary, or else—“

He scowled, “What?”

“But, I did sleep on his bed once—“

The giant smirked at Kai while getting that sentence from Suzy. None of them were responding that either. Far along, they were retreating to the couches as soon as they perceived the noises from Baekhyun’s room have been lessened.

 

By the next hour, Chanyeol was already napping. Sprawled his extensive legs, occupying one couch by his own. Kai was busy munching the potato chips, as he was eyeing to Suzy for once in a while. He grasped her yawns in the most of it, while she was channeling the TV, for the reason that most of them were broadcasting the updates of the snow storm.

 

Kai comprehended, in a matter of sec, he would be regretting— or not— what he was going to say next,

“You can sleep in my room…”

Suzy gaped at him, because there was no way the guy talked to Chanyeol, who was dozing like he haven’t for three days straight.

“If you’re sleepy.”

He resumed without letting his fixed stare off the huge screen. Somehow was sincerely questioning why Sehun did not text him once more for a video call just like what he did in the early morning. He felt like he couldn’t stay much longer, being alone with her.

 

What is this? Why do I feel like I’m about to burst out?

, Chanyeol… you.

 

He cursed inside his mind, glancing to the calmly looking sleeping giant nearby. Only just in his viewpoint, he could grasp her getting up from the couch.

“I’ll sleep in your room…”

She turned around once more, and he was startled of getting her at the back of the headrest he leaned on.

“What?” He frigidly tried to be cool.

“You really allow me to?”

“Yeah…”

Motioning her to go, he essentially was calming himself.

“If not, I will be changing my mind. In 5 secs,”

She stared at him as if feeling a weird vibe floating rapidly around them.

 

And as luck would have it, otherwise not, Kai heard the noises in the next room to his have arising again. He supposed of going into the room, for her own good, to tell her of where he stored the earplugs. Getting known the petite-slash-loud guy for more than three years, he knew what was he should be doing.

But you know, a person’s natural sleeping face could be one of the most flattering to be seen.

Kai hated the fact he should be observing her, facing the door when he slowly swung to be opened, and without he even noticed, he already was kneeling right in front of her just to adore that stunning face. The one he would be necessitated to see for the rest of his

Yah…”

He had his eyes widened as soon as he perceived Suzy was watching him instead. Having the utmost shock, he had his back head hit to the wooden closet in arrears.

She was quickly hopped off the bed to help him to get up. Plainly was intending to ask whether he wanted to rest at his own bedroom and she would be willingly switched and slumber outside.

“No, no…”

He exclaimed. Still was rubbing the sting from the back of his head, he rushed to get out from the room. Leaving the confused Suzy as he did not want to get any near of her.

And deep inside, Kai was beginning to feel that it was not bad to finally giving in.

 


 

 

A/N: Just having spare time to write and edited some pics, so... PLEASE DO ENJOY ^o^v