Day When They Go For A Date

Days of Ours
 
 

Kai recomposed himself to be in pieces in merely a minute. To be more properly minding here and there, conversing in very normal state toward the enthusiastic Chanyeol. They both moved nearer to the building’s entry, when the older lighted a cigarette as Kai purposed to retreat as soon possible.

“Yeol, I guess I should—“

No more than in his disordering mind, he didn’t want to stay there in anticipation of Suzy had come downstairs to go for a date with Chanyeol. Quite the contrary, the universe was clearly not in his side on that day.

“Hey!”

And there Suzy was, looking good— as she always had— only Kai was too infuriated, deep inside. Staring at her, upset by the appearance of her clutching a coat, slaying the navy suit, with the satchel and pumps. He hasn’t seen her being well-dressed such as that— of course, he used to see the young lady in mere house-clothing, almost on daily basis— or he really was just getting bothered by everything he perceived on her at that time.

“Have you had lunch?”

She asked him, sincerely, but he could not offer her anything but the most uncaring gaze he could ever give. He loathed why she always gave other people that beaming— enchanting— look by the eyes.

“Why do you even care?”

Shoving his freezing hand to the dark quilted jacket, he flapped a goodbye with other. Particularly to Chanyeol, who looked somewhat confused, catching the sudden mood drop by the younger guy.

“What is wrong with him?” She hissed, glancing to the taller man at her side. “I just wanted to ask if he want to join,”

And turned out, she did not know that he was asking her out for a lunch date. Chanyeol then, wrapping his extensive arm to her shoulder, after throwing off the cig.

“Then, it will be just the two of us.”

Suzy simply eyed him with rather puzzlement as they both were beginning to walk on the street.

 

The two of them later had arrived in a sushi place, they both finally agreed during the stroll. They spent the almost forty minutes’ walk, they were not even realizing they had paced pretty far as discussing where to grab bite.

 

It actually was quite an upscale place, yet the furniture positioning made it simply homey. Chanyeol ordered the chef’s selections, in which Suzy said yes to. He stated he has been a regular from the time when he was a freshman— he did not mention that he knew the resident chef pretty well, he has ordered, by just text, a special couple menu such as places like this offered various packages for Valentine’s.

 

But, she was just too naïve to realize some things.

 

Though, at times, he had somehow been grateful for it.

 

Unless by this moment, Chanyeol really didn’t want to pass the shot he attained. He had lastly getting over the nerve of taking the girl he liked ever since the first time they accidentally met at the uni library. She was here and now going out only with him, minus the other three friends.

 

It’s about time…

 

Speaking in his own cognizance, probably being a bit sorry to the rest of guys. He thought one of them should have make the first move if they really are that into her. He began to think that he already had fallen deeper. Even her full-of-munching-face— she did not notice that the rolls shaped into heart pieces, considering the lovely date they presently settled on — was the scene he fancied to see day after day.

 

How could anyone not fall for her?

 

Chanyeol could not look over the sight of her eating right in front of him.

 

Yeah, everyone did.

 

Until Suzy was realizing that the older had stopping his eating activity and she questioned,

“Oppa, don’t you like the salmon or what?”

“No…” He beamed, still locking his wide orbs at her. “I’m just… Enjoy seeing you ate that much.”

“Oh… Do you want some of the maki?” She shoved the one of the serving dish at him, he merely shook the head. They continued finishing the late lunch well along.

 

And then, their mobile phones both later rang at the same time,

 

ohbubble                            : Baek

Bacon Lover                       : whut

ohbubble                            : Which one is the milk in your place?

 

ohbubble sent you a photo.

 

Chanyeol scoffed.

Really… These punks… Not the right time.

 

Bacon Lover                       : Why do u suddenly ask?

ohbubble                            : I’m at the supermarket

Chanyeol_is_Real             : Can u 2 text in personal

 

He heard the sound of Suzy’s chuckle from across.

 

Bacon Lover                       : Whoa man calm down

ohbubble                            : What the fudge

ohbubble                            : We do usually chat in group

Bacon Lover                       : Yea yeol what is the matter with u?

 

“Oppa?”

Suzy’s voice was cheery and still holding some of her giggle for the conversation in their group. Chanyeol eyed her, letting a bit sigh out while replying her gaze.

“What’s wrong?” She continued as taking the cup of hot tea.

He said nothing at first, but firm when gradually commencing. “Bae, it’s finally time for me to be alone with you and I don’t want anyone… Anyone, to mess it up.”

She almost spilled whatever she had sipped by then.

 


 

Somewhere in rather far-flung,

 

The lazy-feet Sehun strolled in one of the biggest groceries store, arms folding while leaning and pushing the shopping cart. Reading the last text from Baekhyun, following the reply. Although, Suzy and Chanyeol have stayed silent in the group— he barely wondered why— whereas Kai, he didn’t know the reason the tanned dude hadn’t say anything at all.

He was seeking for a carton of fruity pebbles, he went for the said aisle after questioning for a help, then finally found it.

“Excuse me,”

His sharp orbs settled on the item he needed, and picking it up while crossing a much shorter person who currently was standing right at front. Sehun, as always, had basically minding his own business and the surroundings were nothing to his concern.

“Hey, I know you!”

Sehun eyed coldly to the source of light vocal sound, definitely from a girl, who currently was holding a pack of honey stars.

“Do I know you?”

The petite mademoiselle nodded, “Yes… Sehun, right?” She pointed at him.

Sehun, again, only responded her with an aloof stare.

She resumed, “I’m Irene—”

 

He made an effort to finally grasped when and where he ever seen that some kind of not-too-unfamiliar-façade, Sehun recollected to when he had to pretend as Chanyeol’s fake lover— for God’s sake he wanted to puke at the thought of it— he forced a curve on his thin lips.

 

Oh… You.”

She kept motioning an index to his direction, “Chanyeol’s boyfriend, right—“

In one fell of swoop, Sehun dashed to cover Irene’s mouth with a palm. Looking to left and right, there was no one else beside them on the lane. He quickly released her.

“We… Um— we’re not in that very open state.”

He wished that the striking listener, could not grasp his edginess. He took an inches away to be further.

“Have you two broke up?”

With the typical unfriendliness, he responded while raising an eyebrow, in advance doing the habitual tongue-out.

“What are you doing here?”

He asked her instead, causing a slight tension occurred.

“Why do you care about it?”

And he was a bit surprised, catching a quite sass from her.

“I live here.”

“Okay, but that doesn’t make you this area person in charge or, so—“ Irene put some of the cartons she required and pushed the cart, rather angrily to pass Sehun. “Say hi to your boyfriend.”

She almost screamed the last part and Sehun wasn’t the type to let that kind of insultment passed. He paced quicker and later made her stop in between the frozen foods walkway.

“What?”

Sehun leaned in until he merely had a couple inches to Irene’s face, putting his hands coolly to his own trench pocket, he said confidently to her.

“I’m not hooking up with him… And I don’t even fancy guys in that kind of way.”

Irene didn’t know what to properly say on that time, she only locked gaze at him, pretending to be a little gutsy.

Annyeong.”

And she even could not take a look away to the guy’s slender back, fading after turning to the snacks lane.


 


 

Kai’s mind was a mammock of mixed up emotions through the whole day. He went to a nearest convenience store, running out of his cigarettes on his way to work later when the sun sets. And still, the entire universe was not a good friend of him on that time, because he had to encountered, again, both Suzy and Chanyeol who just went back from their way of walking.

It was too late for him to turn away when the two of them had called his name.

 

And at that moment, he noticed she was twining an arm on one of Chanyeol’s black sleeve.

 

.

 


 

A/N: Chanyeol is a bad guy... 

I'm just kidding :) Please do enjoy this hasty update! ^.^v

And don't forget to give comments!