Day When The One Was Too Busy Practicing

Days of Ours
 
 

Bacon Lover                        : So, Kai was sleeping ALL day loooong

Bacon Lover                        : Now he’s disturbing me…heellllllp!!!

Bacon Lover                        : I wanna sleep

KJI_88                                   : Still out of job man what should I do

Suzy Bae                              : I can see you guys sandwiching from my place

ohbubble                             : Ew gross…

ohbubble                             : Anyway u 2 r in the same room n chat both in the group

Bacon Lover                        : Yeaah say it vocal sound efficiency

Suzy Bae                              : Kim Jong In

KJI_88                                   : Bae Soo Ji

Suzy Bae                              : .......

KJI_88                                   : Mwo??

Suzy Bae                              : Ure not getting any call from the bagel place?

KJI_88                                   : Nope

KJI_88                                   : Thanks for ur insincere asking btw

Suzy Bae                              : Omg how am I supposed to befriend such annoying thing :S

KJI_88                                   : Dare to call me a ‘thing’?!

Bacon Lover                        : And here goes another fighting…

ohbubble                             : XD XD

ohbubble                             : Maybe we shud locked both of them in a chamber for days

 

Chanyeol strapped the bandages on his palms, 10.42 pm the time showed from the watch on his left wrist. Still a few rounds needed for wrapping up today’s drill with his bandmates. The upcoming monthly evaluation could be consider as one of the biggest, since they all would be competing for the end of year’s nationwide competition. And being one of the staples had made him stuck in more to the practice, even was harder than most of everyone else. Therefore, he ignored the beeping message noises, he knew from his talkative group of friends to focus on the run-through.

He paid no attention to the rapid aches on his grip, resuming to hit the treasured drum. Playing for jazz group had never come handy, since the day one.

 

“Yo, Chan!”

It was the nickname people in his surrounds used — talking about foreigners, who have difficulties to pronounce ‘Chanyeol’— the tall, deep-voiced guy was looking up from his seat, when noticing the last twosomes were approaching. The gasps of his enduring breath had pacing with the exceeding sweats, when it was finally time for them to go home. The one who called him was Nyle, mixed American-Italian saxophonist, and there was one other named Bill, their group best melodic guitarist upright next to.

“Seems tomorrow Mr. Henderson will spare us some time to rest…”

The brunette fine-built guy was receiving an agreement with the much skinnier, yet taller dark-blonde male compared the others in his side. Chanyeol had heaved a sigh as catching it, at least I can spend more time to wake up later. Said to himself, looked to the clock which showed it was already passing midnight. Even the day has changed and he has not concerned.

“What day is it?”

He asked to the supreme teammates.

“Friday, if you count and realize that it’s already switching…”

Bill answered and Nyle nodded following the reply. Before was leaning over and put his hand to their considered best drummer.

“But, you can text us if you need company for tomorrow—“

“We know you’d never missed a day for extra train.”

Chanyeol quickly grinned to his widest as appreciating some of his great allies, reflecting he was still green addition to the band. The equal good-looking fellows were later excused themselves leaving him alone in the studio. Afterwards, he took his phone from the sprawling backpack near the drum set, as arranging then getting it was running out battery. He intended to plug it soon as he was reaching his own dwell not too far.

 

Chanyeol_is_Real            : Annyeong, yeorobun

Chanyeol_is_Real            : Who’s still up for very late night convo?

 

He texted in his group chat after opening more than two hundreds only from it. Frequently started of how sassy Baekhyun described his quite busy day before asking others. Of course, with lots of bickering from Suzy and Kai, while Sehun had always been the singular fair responder. He mostly was in between, engaging with Baekhyun, parting the quarreling pair, otherwise was laughing his off with the youngest guy. Everytime the bubbliest has gotten mad by watching them fulfilling the chatroom, mocking each other.

He left his plugged in mobile as washing himself in the bathroom. He heard several beepings meanwhile occupying it. It was 2.14 am when he shifted glance to the table clock near his bed edge, and later was minding his phone screen.

 

KJI_88                                   : Baek passed out like hours ago

ohbubble                             : I’m still up but not sure can handle it too long

ohbubble                             : If not replying means I’m asleep, K??

Suzy Bae                              : Oppa where hv u been?

 

He began typing,

 

Chanyeol_is_Real              : Got this year end band competition struggling

Chanyeol_is_Real              : Told ya guys didnt I?

KJI_88                                   : You did

KJI_88                                   : You sick weirdo practicing until this very late

KJI_88                                   : And its coming 2 weekend u should see us for sometimes

Suzy Bae                              : We’ve been seeing Sehun a lot more than you these past weeks

ohbubble                             : Who saying my name

Chanyeol_is_Real              : Sehunnie

Chanyeol_is_Real              : Youre not even awake enough to rightly type

Suzy Bae                              : Say the one who’s needing even more rest

                                                                                                                     

At times like this, what was floating in his mind was a yearning to have his beloved family with him. He always was and will becoming a family-man for sure. However, having these same-nation-dearly group of friends had decreased lots of his will of coming back home upon most of the struggles. He was grateful enough for eventually meeting them as a whole.

 

In due course causing he had the utmost beaming while texting the next one,

 

Chanyeol_is_Real              : Glad to know that u guys missed me

Suzy Bae                              : —.—

ohbubble                             : Sehunnie’s sleeping, adios!

KJI_88                                   : WHUT DA HELL

 


 

“Ah…”

Chanyeol soaked his wounded palms to a bowl of cold water and ice in his flat’s bathroom sink. He got it worse, prior four hours added practice with Nyle and Bill. Even though they have planned it only for a couple hours commencing 3 in the pm. He was altering the spoilt wrapping with new ones, whereas he heard his phone buzzing on top of his favorite black-sheeted bed.

“Hello—“

Park-frickin-Chanyeol!

He identified who was the only soul allowed to speak at him such as, for all these years.

“Yeah, Baek… Wassup?”

Don’t ‘wassup’ing me… Okay… We’re in the usual pizza place near your apartment.

Sighing, he was trying to wrap the bandage around without disturbing the thing on his hold.

What’s with the sigh?

“It’s not for you, Baek… Chill,”

Alright… Then, we’re expecting you to be here in… Ten minutes.

“What??” The big eyes of his widened as looking over the watch and its display was passing 10 pm. “Baek, tomorrow’s Saturday, right? I’ll spend the whole day at yours—“

Shut up. Even Sehunnie’s here all the way from CT… And it’s like two blocks away from you, so I don’t give a about excuses.

He noticed if he was not coming then Baekhyun would drag the whole bunch to visit him directly. And it means, he would not even had the time to slumber if they were all settling in his place. At last, he was assenting his demanding best friend, he knew he had to.

“Fine.”

 

A giant arrived in their recurring eatery, dimmed with lights since it based with almost dark oaks all over the building. He took a seat in between two other vacants, each in left and right. He was assuming Suzy was the one occupying next to Sehun, and Baekhyun was at the side of Kai. The two remaining younger guys were greeting him then became wordless as he made it to the wooden chair. Sehun was busy texting on his iPhone while Kai was eating some kind of fritters by his own.

Supposing them still was not in good state after almost strangling each other a few while back, he spoken,

“You guys should rather fight right now and will be much better later…”

Perceiving the elder strangely expressed, had forced Kai detaining the act of eating he valued the most, whilst Sehun had plainly gazed with his typical cold orbs.

So nice finally meeting the busiest person in the planet…”

“Had spent hours for it.”

The deep-voiced chuckled hearing such distant reception from the youngers. He observed they were not even spare glance by technically speaking at one another.

The dimness of the place had fervently made Chanyeol immersing of how hectic he was for the days being. He did not realize he was placing his chin on top of one palm to support and try fading away the lethargy. His purpose was just resting his eyes for a while.

 

“Goddamn it, Chanyeol! How. Dare. Of. You. Sleeping— This is not your grandma’s house!”

The accustomed chirp of a very close individual was later forced the tallest getting up from his latent interval. In which he realized, a large plate of Tiramisu has being served in front of his folding hands. And before he even asked to his complete bunch of friends— evidently, Suzy was at the side of Baekhyun after snatching the cake— they were already screaming a loud ‘HAPPY BIRHTDAY’ at him. In advance of the tiny guy began to sing with others succeeding.

 

Still was in shock, catching the moment and in fact, his expression was not an inch near his friends’ cheeriness. He was confused then was asking to be sure,

“Am I having a birthday? Like, right now??”

None of the four skipping the guffaw they had through the bewildered tallest.

“Yes, moron…”

Sehun was the first to answer him, followed by Suzy.

“We’ve been told it’s happening in every November 27th—“

“Which is today…”

Kai had it wrapping up, before Baekhyun added,

“And you almost wasted it simply by going to sleep.”

The not-so-tiny forefinger of him directed to the clock from his phone screen, showing it was eleven passed twenty. Later, Chanyeol was clasping his face with both of his bandaged palms. His friends thought it was somehow stinging him, which it was indeed not.

 

Yah…”

Kai poked the elder’s broad shoulder even compared to his, charted by Sehun. For the reason that, Baekhyun was attaining them in prompt. He motioned for the rest to be in hush by jiffy.

 

He was right though. In few seconds, Chanyeol had finally opening his face, red and swollen with his own waterworks.

 

Intending to ask why, Baekhyun has widely smiled because in fact, he knew the reason Chanyeol had done it. He was letting the best buddy to spill it himself.

“I’m sorry…”

His voice was getting deeper by the blubbering.

“I…j-just…uh—“ He continued by a bit stutter. “I’m so happy having you guys remember it, even when I'm not—“

Suzy cut his line by giving a sudden squeeze, whereas Kai was following to. Then, Baekhyun forced the seemed-to-be-emotionless Sehun at the side to complete their random group hug. Causing more tears had later flown through the good-looking guy’s cheek.

 

“You’re 23 now for Christ’s sake… Don’t be such a weeper…”

Sehun said later as observing Chanyeol still had his hands wrapping around Suzy’s waist. And he would let it slip for the time being, since it was a special birthday occasion he deliberated.

 

"And so, what have you wished?"

Suzy asked the one she called 'oppa' when they were dividing the Tiramisu into pieces for each. The round eyes of his have always been the sight she fancied to look at, hence his answer was rather making her fret.

"I wish you and Kai would stop bickering…at least, in my remaining birth day in…" Looking at his watch, he paused, "Twenty-seven minutes, juseyo…"

"Well, as long as she's not starting—"

"What do you mean I am not starting? It's always been you—"

"Hey, hey…"

Baekhyun nudged lightly both crowns adjacent to him, whilst  Sehun had almost laughed until he tumbled on the floor.

 

 


 

A/N: Hey guys! So glad watching the views and subs r escalating after I have this written at the latest  http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/908500 epilogue...and of course by having the story tags added by their names (thank you vivavivu for telling me ;D) and thanks a lot for voting up dear Gen804, kyungsoozy1402, suforlife & Baechimi-is-love ^o^v 

Anyway, I'll try to have more focused shot (as per 1 or 2 person's pov in every chapter, since I've been not too strict about it— considering my other fics— ugh how careless I was -.-) 

Okay, so this have been my longest author's note ever... HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYING THE UPDATE! :D :D :D

Don't forget to comment, love you all!