Day Where They Probably Full of Love

Days of Ours
 
 

It was that time of the year, when everything suddenly pops out into pink or at least have the reddish color of heart. It was the last day of February’s second week, when in that big city, ornamentations were all enchanting and unexpectedly full of love, conjured people to stroll around hand-in-hand just like a couple— man-woman, man-and-man, or even woman-to-woman, of any kind— which they called the Valentine’s day.

 

The five friends were already in Baekhyun’s apartment since that early Sunday morning, lazying— as usual. When the housemaster was simply having a warm-aromatic-bath since he haven’t for a couple days, mind the chilly weather then he would say. Chanyeol was occupying the second biggest couch, while Suzy and Kai inhabited the other— she had her denim-wrapped-feet laid on his pajamas-covered-lap, and he didn’t bother at all. Only the giant did a bit nevertheless, he stayed quiet. Whereas Sehun— he would be going back, finally, to his far-flung dwell— taking a bowl and sit on the slanting kitchen counter for another round of cereal. The pale guy was eating thrice more, subsequent the gang had forced him to eat anything when he was unwell, and now he was sort of used to that kind of appetite. His cheeks have gotten quite chubbier than what he had, hardly two weeks before.

 

“Three boxes of cornflakes, fruity pebbles, and milk,” Baekhyun had mischievously motioned his pointers to the eating younger. “Five gallons.”

He passed the kitchen with his air-dried, clumping fair-haired. Putting his knitted sleeve on the waist, slouching to the apathetic fellow direction, he was teasing by grinning and wiggling his eyebrows.

“You want me to pay for what I have eaten in…what?” Sehun asked, “Not even the whole fourteen days,”

“No…” The older was then pinching the said chubbier cheeks, which merely curved a bit on the edge of the expressionless face. “Of course I am kidding… Anything for Sehunnie to be healthy!”

Baekhyun chirped before was hopping to the vacant spot on the navy armchair, taking one pad to be placed on his folding legs, and to be questioning the rest.

“So, what have you kids planned for today?”

“What today?” Chanyeol replied from where he was sipping the whatever-he-had-in-the-iron-man-cup since this morning.

“Valentine’s.” Answered the buddy.

“Now, I have none.”

“Well,” Suzy breathed as fixing one of her slim feet to place on top of one other, still in her cozy position, on top of Kai’s. “I don’t have anything as well… As I’ve actually planned something before last month I broke up with—“

“Don’t say that name.”

Kai stared blankly at her when he cut the lines.

“Why?” She was resting her head on one hand by the armrest whilst looking at him.

“Why do you even ask me why?”

“Huh,” she merely shrugged, “I’m just saying that I used to have plans before Kris and I broke up…”

Kai moaned as shaking her legs to be off his, as he was getting up and planning to leave the living space. In which the others seemed paying attention while being a hundred percent in their own quietness. He quickened his pace to enter the bedroom, in advance of Suzy eyed the elders in her frontage.

“Did I say something wrong?”

Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol shook their heads, barely following the tallest then initiated something at her.

“Why don’t just ask him by yourself—”

 

Kai laid tummy down, spreading his longlegs across the dusky-sheeted mattress, playing with the Instagram on his iPhone. Scrolling through the timeline, saw many pictures of most girls he followed, and then the one that he actually want to pressed the like button for thousands times— he thought would never be enough— came to the room. Suzy took a seat by the small carpeting, fronting a few inches direction of not-so-sharp-nose of his. He just eyed her in flash before was back focusing to the phone.

“There’s a lot spaces on the bed, why you sit down there…”

He said, causing her moved on to the padding, slouching one of her elbows onto his back and then eyeing his mobile.

“Whoa… There are lots of pretty faces on that!“

He snorted, “What the hell—“ glancing at her, and tried to be sound as irritated as he could be— yet he couldn’t. He forced himself to not minding the excessive thumps beneath his chest, he concealed his face to the rest instead.

“Are you on period?”

She teased, commencing to where he has gotten easily mad before. His chuckle could be heard within the pillow and buried face.

“No…”

“Then, you must be so grumpy, lately.”

“Am I?”

Kai probed Suzy as turning his body around, before she was leaning her back to the bed rest, and then placed her legs onto his.

“Why are you always putting that on me?”

“What?”

She asked, which he responded by shaking his feet and so that hers. And they both beamed in between that.

“I don’t know,”

She folded her arms when answering. He let her be then, such as he was getting up, placing his wide edge to the other bed side. Facing her, but still maintaining her legs to not fall from his.

“Yours just feel right to me.”

He knew she was referring to the supports, yet still hoped that he could hide the obvious, ear-to-ear smile on his curving lips. But then again, she was pleased. Giggled at him as raising an index,

“Because… Sehun is so thin and oppa’s rather skinny for his towering figure… And Baek’s just so tiny, I feel like I’ll crush him with my huge feet.”

“Yeah, those are huge for— ow!”

He stopped since she stepped one her soles on to his shin. Succeeding him gave a sign that he was kidding.

“Whiny.”

He hissed, “Do you like me better when being grumpy or whiny then?”

“None of it.” She replied, straight. “Yah…” She nudged his elongating feet. “I actually want to talk to you about why you are mad and—“

 

It was that moment when he was absolutely get enthralled by Suzy, because all she was saying just passed through his lobes without even getting processed with suitable accepting.

Kai was definitely too awestricken, he almost said this out loud.

 

Too in great…can I stare at you all day—

 

“Hey…” Suzy flicked her fingers right in front of his nose tip, straightened up the frame. “Are you listening?”

It lastly snapped Kai to be back on his vigilant mode, “Pardon?”

“What about that open audition? Aren’t you gonna be joining?”

He gazed at her, uninterestedly— or he pretended to.

“March 31st? At where I had the play—”

He still hasn’t give the nod.

“Doesn’t ring you any bell?”

And he shook his head, halfheartedly. But then he spoken,

“Um… How do you know about that audition?”

She smirked, “Well, how do you know?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about…”

Suzy pushed her head nearer at Kai’s, looked up to contemplate right to his darkened orbs. “You’re lying.”

He looked away, in which she eventually had grabbing his wrists, bouncing it on where they have been seated. She couldn’t hide the excitement.

“What about the routine? When do you practicing? How? With who?” Her eyes widened, “Where??”

Kai was too absorbed at her beaming stares, to even let himself ignored the consecutive questions. Still with his apathetic tone, he was answering.

“I’ve prepared for this for a very long time… Always practicing by myself, and no…” He raised one of the brows, “I’m not gonna tell you where,”

“But, I want to see—“

“No.”

He cut it straight, with such indifference she could not countered further. Kai forced himself to move a bit away from her frontage, avoiding her steady frown, only to cause himself want to tone down the taciturn.

“Alright, alright, if you wanna see it—“

“Really?”

Kai was breaking down at last, grinning while Suzy expressed her conquest.

In not so later, a set of knocking heard by those two in the room, following a pale being had ­came into.

Sehun let the door opened as he pressed one of his shoulder onto it. Folding hands to scrutinize his friends. “I’m going back to my place… Don’t you want to take me downstairs or at least, say goodbye?”

“Hey, I’ll walk you down… I have to get back too, before tonight’s rehearsal—“

Suzy said as she let the grip off Kai’s, and getting up from where she had settled for almost an hour. The tanned pal could not hold the discontent, yet he concealed it with preeminent and eyed to the paler buddy,

“Aren’t we gonna see you, like, this Saturday?”

“Sure, you will…”

Sehun answered as he accepted the squeeze Kai given, Suzy was already out from the bedroom.

“What is it? Aren’t you gonna miss not seeing me every day like these past weeks?” He chuckled.

“You wish!” the slight older has playfully replied him. “Don’t get frickin sick again, okay?”

 

Baekhyun closed his door after sending Sehun, Suzy, and Chanyeol, leaving his place. Said he was gonna spend the rest of the day with the housemate Kai, he approached the younger that currently rummaging the fridge.

The petite figure flopped on the nearest stool, in advance of starting the conversation.

“How about pizza for lunch?”

“Hmm…”

He hissed when catching the younger did not paying much attention at him.

“Kai, I’m calling the pizza place…or do you have any other craving?”

“No, no… Pizza is good, Baek.”

The older had initially pressing the familiar numbers by his device, Kai had seated on his crossways, placing the pickles and mustard he previously obtained.

“Hey can I have a large pizza… With extra pepperoni and bacon—“

“And extra cheese… Extra cheese! Cheese, cheeeeese!”

Kai insisted, in which Baekhyun gave a thumb as a sign to mention it afterwards.

“Uh-huh… And extra cheese—“ he talked over the phone.

“Mozzarella and parmesan,”

“Both mozzarella and parmesan, please—“

“And no anchovies!”

He exclaimed with his filled acidy-cucumber-mixed-mustard mouth, which almost burst right into the elder’s face. Baekhyun mouthed, say it by yourself you ty little and in a minute they finally have concluded the order.

 

Baekhyun was occupied with his iPhone when Kai was rinsing his hands after putting the pickles and mustard back to the fridge. He did not notice that the younger leaned over to see him scrolling through the page he has presently absorbed to.

“What are you doing on…that dating site, or sort of—“

The petite buddy pulled a bit face, before was concentrating on it again, whilst answering. “This is so in between us students, maybe you should join to, Kai…”

“No, thanks.” He responded straight, sipping the bottled water. “I thought you are into—“

“What, what?”

“No…” still he was swallowing the water, until it all got emptied.

“You’re talking about Sooj?”

What Baekhyun said had slightly caused the younger flinched, he almost dropped the bottle on his grip. The elder let his chuckle out, teasingly.

“What is it that make you so into her lately?”

“No, I’m not!”

“Kai…” Baekhyun wrapped his petite arm onto the younger’s broad shoulder. “I’m just saying, it is okay for you to like her more than just a friend—“

“I’m not!” Kai’s mouth had hung down as catching what the older suddenly spoken. He couldn’t hide the crimson by his tanned cheeks. “I… I-I don’t think I feel the same way as you guys—“

“Kai,” Baekhyun cut him. “I don’t know about the others, but I just think that I’m not that so into her… I think it might be best for her and me to remain best friends. And as the person who have spent almost 24/7 with you, I can tell that—”

“No, Baek… No, don’t say that.” he merely shrugged. “Well, it is better that way… I guess so…” He mumbled.

Jinjja??”

Kai had his head weakly nodded.

“What if I tell you that Chanyeol keep telling me about asking her out… Especially today,”

Needless to say, Baekhyun was not less than the giant pal when it comes of being nosy and prying— or snooping— you name it.

“Chanyeol…” Kai managed to restrain the abrupt pulsates within his core, nonetheless, “Perhaps he’s the best for her… He almost can do everything, and have continually making her pleased— Chanyeol is perfect for her.“

“Kai, I know that I probably the closest to Chanyeol, but everyone has their own flaws. You cannot judge yourself lower than him like that… You must’ve had something else, which he hasn’t.”

“Baek, you’re comparing me to your bestest friend…” Kai demanded.

“And you too, are my best friend.” He clasped fitter to the younger’s nape. “She is worth to fighting for, I know that… But, maybe just not for me—“

 

It turned out that Kai really encountered the said tallest right in front of the building Suzy lived in. Chanyeol waved and stretched his wide mouth, from edge to edge, as walking toward the younger.

Yah… What are you doing here?”

Chanyeol tapped the less narrow shoulder for him, before wrapping it by his extensive, black-woolen, sleeve. The weather has gotten much colder as the day had passing on to the late afternoon. Kai simpered as he was faking a spontaneous answer,

“Waiting for the pizza guy… Maybe he’s lost or something,”

The taller raised an eyebrow, hence still could not hiding the unbroken grin.

“W-what are you doing, Yeol? I thought you’ve gone home already—“

“I finally asked Bae to go out with me!”

He said, and the younger had never really was planning to stay longer in the place, as Chanyeol was resuming his own enthusiasm.

“I’m waiting for her to go down… We’re going for a lunch,”

Kai only responded him with a light-forced-smile then.

 


 

A/N: I don't know why but I think you guys start to get bored with this story... I apologize and I hope you keep enjoying it till the end ;) :)

 

 

 
I'd probably taking this to the closure, I hope I will be not disappointing you ^.^v