Day When They Sing Along

Days of Ours
 
 
 

Suzy sprawled her ragged denim covered legs to much darker pants wrapping Kai’s, as playing with loose thread from her sweater’s sleeve. He didn’t get mad of what she was doing, in which he frequently nagged, wanting to sprawl his own feet on hers. This time, he was okay letting her through that, causing the place was in so much peace compared to usual.

Those two were in very much chummy state since she finally decided her best friend over the long-time--boyfriend. They haven’t bickered for almost a day since the occurrence. She had chosen to visit Baekhyun’s place straight after finishing her classes, whereas the tanned guy was having the day off. The housemaster had simply keeping an eye from his kitchen, while preparing the mac n cheese Chanyeol craved and needing to be ready once he was arriving to the place. Likewise his lectures will be finished in another couple hours of that Friday afternoon.

Sehun has later arrived in mere jiff, taking a slot next to Kai without even bugging the slumping limbs from his best-girl-friend.

Those two are so into Kai right now…

Baekhyun chuckled in almost inaudible, watching the three youngers— who ever caused the fuss in most of times they got together— were so in reconciliation by the moment. Thus, as the outspoken personality he always been, Baekhyun spoke intending to generate noises within his living space.

“Kids,” he started. “Don’t you have any common sense to, at least, pity this petite-yet-hot-slash-gorg-host making meal also to your own eating concern? Even later I’d be still appreciate it…”

By way of his typical sassiness, emphasizing few words in between. The girl had quickly getting up from the navy couch, coming close to. By means of leaving Kai who was busy channeling the TV and Sehun who snorted, looking over the activities beyond the slanting counter.

The palest one had never, even one time, partaking any of the cooking deeds. Mostly for napping, or he was just too lazy to spoiled his light hands with the uncooked ingredients. Then, he was back concentrating to watch the Superhero flick Kai had recently settled to. Before he was the one initiating another conversation.

“Kai…”

The called buddy was glancing to him as taking the cookies placed on the coffee table. He responded barely by raising an eyebrow.

“You should treat us some drinks for your birthday… Well, in addition you just had a stable job, huh?”

Kai’s eyes have been narrowed, but he returned the palest demand nevertheless. “Oh Sehun, I’m saving most of it to pay my tuition.”

“What is it that made you quit the previous music major? Isn’t that having seniors as Baek and Yeol caused so much pain in the ?”

Yah!”

Baekhyun howled while boiling the pasta, whereas Suzy giggled along grating the cheese. She received a light smack from the eldest by the side.

Still looking at the rarely-naïve-pale-buddy, the tanned guy snickered. “Sehun-ah… That’s not the reason.”

“In that case, I think—“

Suzy began giving details whilst Kai was trying to send some hints from the seater. He knew she was about to spill his hidden aspiration of dancing. Thankfully, she understood fast catching his gestures. She coughed, “Um, I think it’s because he has zero skill to sing or else playing the instruments— he knew he was wrong by choosing that path in the first place.”

That was not the answer Kai was expecting.

He retorted, “Thank you for being such a nice best friend as always. It’s like you have the voice to even sing in the shower…” He got up, approaching her by the kitchen area, next to the tiny guy. “I feel bad for the bar soap of getting early wrinkles as hearing your vocal sound…”

He wrapped up as watching her grating. She jokingly aimed the huge chunk of cheese to be thrown at his face. Sehun has swiftly joined his bunch surrounding the kitchen counters.

“I’m afraid you’ll have crush as hearing me singing—“

“In your frickin dream, Bae Suzy.”

She just stuck a tongue out, in which Kai resumed it further.

“I want a smooth cheese sauce for my dinner… Please redo what you are doing cause I don’t fancy these lumps…”

He directed an index to the bowl filled cheese in front of her. She frowned and handed him the grater instead.

“Do it by yourself, you whiny little sh—“

“You dare to continue that?!”

“Little shameless brat, is what I intended to say.” She coolly answered.

“I’m not a brat, well, you are— manly female clothed.“

She ignored him as proceeding to help Baekhyun rinsing the boiled macaroni.

Ah… This is the harmony we all anticipated.”

The petite eldest said, whereas Sehun cracked his silly guffaw, and again, almost tumbling from the kitchen stool he seated.

 

“The cheese kinda taste—“

“Great, as you never taste it before—“

“As bad as a toddler ruined the cooking when his mom was in the restroom.”

“Shut up… Yeol, like you’re reaching the cheesy heaven while it’s spreading your tasting buds… You’re with me, right?”

Chanyeol big eyes widened as he heard constant yet very different answers from both people sitting on his sides, Kai and Suzy. He knew whom was actually have cooked it and he chose to keep his wide mouth shut as he observed the bickering set of two have begun their eternal bantering. Baekhyun and Sehun laughed across his seat. Then, the outspoken attempted on another topic.

“It’s barely getting eight. Why don’t we go out somewhere after this?”

“Yeah, right… Someone hasn’t treat us for the birthday.”

Sehun caught Kai’s sudden cough by what he bluntly stated. He lastly responded when their plates have none other the lying cutleries. The mac n cheese was really not as bad as Suzy alleged.

“Alright, I’ll treat you guys a good bottle of wine.”

“Hell yeah…”

Only a bottle…” He halted Sehun’s cheer, “And I can get a very reasonable price in this place where my friend’s work at…”

“We’ll pay of our own if we wanna add something else… And so?”

“It’s like forty minutes away, Baek.”

“What?! You’re taking us to JFK or what…”

He shrugged answering the elder’s snoop.

“Well…”

“For free stuff, even back to CT I’ll drive…”

“Sehunnie, I expect you much less of being this cheap…”

Chanyeol’s frank uttering has made the younger looked hurt. Flippantly clutched his slender chest, Sehun reacted.

“Yeol, how dare you saying that to me?”

“By the way, I have no schedule planned for tomorrow…”

“Neither do I… So, yeorobun gaja!!”

Again, Kai paused the unbroken good spirits from Chanyeol, Sehun, Suzy, and Baekhyun.

“And you should be in well-dressed more than this house clothing.”

The four grunted as hearing that one.

“Come on guys, before my treat offer will be terminated…”

At last, they reluctantly were moving in both rooms of the apartment. Kai’s room was much noisy as Sehun and Chanyeol should be lent attires by him since Baekhyun’s were too small for the two. While Suzy was heading back to her crossways loft, changing in to her more proper outfit.

 

It was a rustic yet high-end bar, where everyone were quite dressing up just like Kai clad Sehun and Chanyeol in almost uniformly with his tucked in shirt and their own darker jeans. Whereas Suzy had her rosy sheer-long-sleeve top with black high-waisted A-line skirt, complemented by camel colored boots, flaunted when undoing the raven coat. On the other side, one person was having rather fun time by previously dressing up, while almost taking out whatever filling his closet. Baekhyun even added some temporary sprayed hair dye, making his brown-checkered-suit get more exposed.

 

“Baek, why pink?”

Sehun had constantly be the one curious about lighting the hair.

“To match what we’re drinking…”

Answered the elder by raising the wineglass, sassily drinking it while being posh. The other three friends were looking at them, laughing by sometimes they would craft the squabble. The two were ordering an additional bottle, even when the previous one hasn’t even been emptied.

“It’s ing dark purple… And it called red wine.”

“Whatever,”

 

Turned out, as Kai had known well some of the staffs, few of them were Baekhyun’s acquaintances as well. Speaking about the in-house band members, who eventually invited Baekhyun to contribute a song to lighten up the night. He doubted for a second thought,

“Guys… Does any of you fancy escorting me singing in front of this hella people…”

It actually was not that crowded, considering not too many people knowing about such great place to hang out still being out of sight. None of his friends were agreeing to do so, he was marching upfront by himself at last. Coughing for a couple times, he looked again to his bunch’s table, desiring to call a particular person, and finally the quite excessive wine he had was executing the bold deed.

“Sooj, don’t you want to join me on stage?”

He referred the empty stool, which was provided in fact for two persons with two microphones. The rest band members were engaging the grand piano, sitting next to the bass, drum, and guitar respectively.

The only girl on his friends’ table looked dumbfounded by the abrupt call out.

 

Kai laughed out loud catching what the tiny fellow said on where they have direct frontage on. Bring up earlier he was making fun of her in regard of the matter. Both Sehun and Chanyeol were eyeing each other, signaling of how daring the eldest was, racing up to what they both started for.

Hesitantly, Suzy began leaving her sitting spot.

“Don’t trip over your dress—“

Kai mocked from sideway, in which she threatened a gesture he hated for sure.

“No tweak, please… Don’t.”

She proceed as it had set him in hushed.

 

As the guitar beginning the music, Baekhyun knew it really was his time to shine. Looking at the girl on his right, who was beholding him as well, he smiled. Ignoring the fiery daggers he identified Chanyeol and Sehun would send from where they seated. He began the somewhat popular, recent song with significant lines. The title was ‘DREAM’ he knew it was just right for what he had for her.

 

You are beautiful just as you were yesterday

 

He stared at her with such deep, then he was shaking his head before he chanted,

 

No, you’re more beautiful than you were yesterday

 

She couldn’t hold the sudden curve on her roseate lips as he was resuming,

 

When I say something like this

You always change subjects pretending you didn’t hear anything

 

Having thought of sometimes where she had stated, she didn’t believe if he was liking a girl. He wished he could say that out loud to Suzy. The striking melodies have immersed even the coldest soul who was not intending to get absorbed. Sehun was finally joining Chanyeol and Kai who had previously sunked to their unprompted performance. No matter how much he despised in reality. And then, they unwillingly had humming along.

 

Baekhyun was then had impulsively changing some lyrics with his own simple, yet meaningful words.

 

People say we really are a cute couple

I know, you know

Actually I also think so

 

She didn’t grasped that he truly had meaning it. Along with the harmonious melody to get through, Suzy had spontaneously sang some parts in the bridge.

 

Well, I don’t care even if you’re a sweet liar

 

Her voice was just as beautiful and getting along so much with Baekhyun’s. He replied, by means of following its actual lines.

 

Well, I don’t care ‘cause I will make you believe…

 

If only she knew, it was his real feelings got spoken through the whole lyrics.

 

Suzy and Baekhyun both giggled, unlocking each other’s stares, high-five-ing before going back to the table. Kai modestly welcomed them with proud look, in which Sehun and Chanyeol could not resist to follow. Then, the wine flows as the night more impending for their own joy.

 


 

A/N: Hey guuuuuuuys!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016 & it’s BaekZy time ^.^v

Dedicated to my overly fondness of Suzy and Baekhyun’s new single ‘DREAM
OMG THEY BOTH VOICES R SO SWEET I THINK I SHOULD SEE MY DENTIST…okay JK…
Hope you’ll enjoy this!!