Day With Dentist and A Birthday

Days of Ours
 
 

There was constant ringing from her buzzer, when the small hour-hand showed around 10 in am, Suzy put on her oversize tee before answering the guest. It was Baekhyun, who showed up looking okay in decent, early fall, apparels.

“Are you busy with something?”

“Nope.”

“Great, let’s go…”

“To where if I may ask??”

He hauled her and suddenly lend an extra jacket from out of nowhere through the quite chilly weather. She has managed to wear her ankle boots though. They were heading to none other than his apartment, when later she observed Chanyeol was sprawling on the biggest couch, putting one of his palms on the left cheek.

“We need to drag him to the hospital…”

“No, Baek… I’m fine… Just need some ice cubes to lessened the—“

“Damn, Yeol…” Baekhyun was hotheaded at the beginning of the day. “Who told you to eat a huge bag of taffies for a day since last week, then complaining the pain in my place since 8 this morning…”

Yah, oppa…”

He quickly eyed to Suzy who linked in with their debate.

“Why are you calling him with that?”

“He told me to—“

Yah, yah!” He poked her head, “I’m on his age, as well… Then, I deserve to be called as that, too.”

“But, you’re so short like a kid, Baek… You looked just 10—“

Even before Chanyeol resumed his mock to the petite guy, the aching from his inner mouth continued making him flinched. He couldn’t even speak. That’s when the other two were holding each one of his arms, getting the passive tallest, surrendered went toward his number one fear of dentistry. Baekhyun grabbed a yellow cab as soon as they were in the sidewalk.

 

“But, why should tag me along with this?”

“Because Kai is so damn hard sleeping. I couldn’t get him up, even when I almost broke the door down.”

The two healthy individuals were taking out cups of coffee before hearing some commotion came from the room where they left Chanyeol earlier. He was getting the examination from the dentist. It was hard enough for them getting the appointment since coming suddenly in rush weekend. When they went in, the tall guy was trying to escape just before them shielding at the door.

“He want to drill my mouth!” He squealed.

“No, it’s just—“

“Save me!!!”

“You’re not going anywhere before this treatment finished.”

She was steady keeping him at the seat, while he grabbed her fingers in advance of her noticing some bandages wrapping his palm. She couldn’t ask by realizing he was keeping his eyes closed whereas the dentist began the work. While later, she eyed to another guy who was looking contented, leaning to the wall with his hands folding.

“Now, who’s the one look like a kid—“ The bright guy then finally got pleased.

 

The sun was shining bright when the three of them were walking on the pavement. Looking at his watch, it was already right time for lunch, but then Baekhyun was back minding something from his phone. Suzy just firmly linking arms with Chanyeol, who was still looking pale after the treatment. She never had this gloomy side of his ever since they met a while ago, which made her somehow a bit concerned. Yet on the other side, she thought of him was kind of cute of still having unsophisticated fright to some degree.

“Don’t you guys wanna eat something before we’re heading back?”

Baekhyun has pocketed his phone at last, inquired to his friends.

“I can only eat porridge.”

Answered Chanyeol, who was letting out his first words after they were exiting the hospital. The girl right beside him then was carrying.

“I’ve seen the complete ingredients to make it in your apartment…”

“No, no!”

She was a tad startled receiving direct refusal from the outspoken, at that point sort of persisting.

“He needs to lay down, Baek…”

“I know a great Chinese restaurant nearby…” He then glanced to his tall buddy. “You okay with that, Yeol?”

“Sure, w-why not?”

The deep-weakening-voice tried to make it sound believable, and she was eventually consenting the idea of keep them going.

 

A petite guy was lining up behind few people who were having quite the same problem as he for the time being. They complained about why their orders haven’t reach the table yet. Suzy and Chanyeol simply waited on their seats and watching over the grumbling Baekhyun from afar.

“Are the food really worth this while?”

She questioned to the guy who fixed his messy, early-day-hair, then put his cap near the silverwares. That was when she perceived the bandaged palm of his, once more for that day. And somehow he knew, she was scrutinizing it.

“These are from playing the drum.”

He raised both of his palms, making her gave the worried impression. Both were strapped up and seemed painful to her of even not feeling its covered wound herself.

“And why are you hurting yourself by it?”

She probed earnestly, yet he chuckled. She frowned,

“Oppa, I don’t think that’s funny…”

“No, I’m not, either. But, I just recruited to this top campus band, and they happened to require for a drummer. I’m progressing to be a staple player, that’s why—“

“I thought your instrument was the guitar.”

“Hey, I play drum, too! And some piano…and I also can sing, you know…”

Jinjja?”

She replied his proud smile with advanced probing, yet in some way looking fascinated. Then, his beam was getting wider, he really was an ambitious musician. In addition of he loved to share the fact, particularly, to someone he was captivated to.

“Finally!”

Baekhyun’s abrupt appearance has barely made the two get dumbfounded. They dug in to meal, nevertheless, before lastly heading back to the familiar building complex.

 

“What the hell— Sehun-ah!”

Kai yelled to the palest, who was spraying the confetti, randomly to the kitchen storages.

“Do you think they gonna came from the oven or sink?!”

“Kai… I just check on it, just in case it’ll not working when they arrived…”

“Yeah, but don’t spray so pointlessly, we don’t have much spare of it.”

Aissshh… Kai,” The three-months-younger scoffed. “You’re turning too chatty… Maybe because you live with Baek…”

“Shut up.” The darker friend watched for his phone after he re-checked more or less decorations near the threshold. “Hey! They already downstairs!”

They both then were getting ready behind the main entrance.

“Dude, the hell with your pants?!”

Sehun regarded to the only black boxer Kai wore. He quickly sprinted to his room, not so long returning as wearing gray track pants, with his blanched red tees halfly tucked into it.

“You guys disturbed me way too early this morning.”

 

Suzy walked into the elevator with Baekhyun and Chanyeol, who seemed quieter than before. Well, Chanyeol was still suffering with the pain from his inner mouth, but Baekhyun was somehow too occupied with his phone. He even let Chanyeol unlocking his door as he was letting the girl to enter first afterwards.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAAY!!!!”

She was definitely taken aback hearing the scream in unison for both the guys in front of her. Sehun and Kai, who given the loud welcoming by tossing the confetti, also from Baekhyun and Chanyeol from her back. The tallest was very near to her and was the one who clasped her in the firsthand, before tugged by the palest for second, and Baekhyun was next to give the hug and full of wishes utterance. Kai was the last, by means them taking the birthday girl to the dining table, whereas a tempting chocolate cake has been placed with candles. The most tanned one has prepared igniting it up with his lighter, by way of she clasped her hands and closed her eyes, making her own wishes, and next they all helped her to blow it off.

 

“I didn’t expect you guys knowing about this…”

Suzy said as she cut a piece of cake, had merely observing how well the space has been decorated, contemplating that she came with nothing of it by earlier.

“I was planning to get mad at Sehun, if he doesn’t text me until this noon—“ She was already putting the cake on a small plate the housemaster set.

“So, the rest of us are okay if we don’t congratulate you?” Baekhyun hissed, “Guys, we better go somewhere else, then…”

“No!” She hastily declined, making the guys laughed because of her guileless reaction. “He’s the one I sure know that today is my birthday…”

“It was my purpose of not calling you at 00:00 as I used to…”

She was intending to give the first cake to her long-time best friend, but soon was detaining since what he spoken. Then she eyed to Chanyeol, whom she knew was not able to eat any sweets, however,

“Are you really getting toothache?”

“You think??”

The big eyes of his have widened, answering her question, and Baekhyun was eventually the one she choose for.

“I woke up soooooooooo early to decorate this place, hey…”

Kai has wittingly smeared the icing on Suzy’s cheek, before a pale hand next to him was reacting the same, to his tanned edge. 

He frowned, “Dude!”

“Dude, I drove here even before I catch the sun rising…”

“Hey, hey… We still want to eat this…”

Suzy divided two slices for each of them to be hushed after she hit both their naughty hands. Sehun and Kai were taking seats beside Chanyeol, who was looking pitiful as not being able to eat any of the cake. Then, Suzy was resuming of probing her group of friends, as she was taking a slice for herself.

“I remembered Baekhyun said that he was still sleeping hard—“

She regarded it to Kai.

“Sehun was actually with me, in my room… We hear you guys conversed before taking Chanyeol out.”

“So, you’re keen on sharing a bed with someone else now?”

“ what? He made me sit only by the desk…”

Sehun has swiftly answered the outspoken.

“What is it with you not liking to share a bed? Did you do it to girls, too?”

Suzy resumed.

“I don’t know… I just don’t like sharing my precious sleeping space with anyone else… And with girls… I happened to be never stayed in one place after humping— just do it and then leave.”

“That’s… Kinda odd.”

“Especially you…” Kai aimed his forefinger at her. “You’re not allowed to be shared of my sleeping space… Well, I don’t see you as a girl, at least, not that way.”

“But, I am a girl…”

“Not really.” He grinned.

“Okay… This is my birthday and I don’t want to ruin it just by arguing with you.”

In later, they heard buzzing from the main door. Baekhyun was the one who opened it, in advance of someone familiar was entering. Suzy had quickly perceiving who it was, she marched to the threshold, soon getting a tight embrace from the guest, which none other than her boyfriend, Kris.

 

“Who the invite that walking chiseled?”

Chanyeol was simply letting words that he thought important, considering his aching mouth. Thankfully, only Sehun and Kai who stayed by him in the dining room, were catching it.

“You did it, didn’t you, Kai?!” Sehun exclaimed, still in tone where the distant people couldn’t hear. “That’s why you keep looking on your phone.”

“I just getting the tasks Baek give me to be done.” The tanned was finishing his second slice. “And what’s wrong of inviting him? You know, he is her boyfriend.”

His last sentence was making the two getting silent. They knew Kai was right, though.

“I don’t see any erroneous from Kris…” He swallowed the last piece. “And, you two have no rights of getting them distances… Remember,” He was getting up as keeping his eyes steady to the others. “That guy is her boyfriend. And if you care about your friend—well in you guys’ case—maybe a bit too much, you should let it flown as it already was.”

Both of them have merely looked at each other as soon as Kai left, heading to the sink, to get washed their used dishes.

“I hate it when his preach just so right sometimes.”

Chanyeol muttered to Sehun, and he was getting an inaudible approve in between.

 


 

Suzy Bae                               : Guys, I’m so happy and surprised today

Suzy Bae                               : Really… Thanks!

ohbubble                              : I remember your birthday you should know it

Bacon Lover                         : We planned it coolly, don’t we?

Suzy Bae                               : U R jjaaaang!!!

KJI_88                                   : Happy birthday bro!

Suzy Bae                               : What is wrong with you?

KJI_88                                   : XD

Chanyeol_is_Real               : Hope you enjoy the rest of your day, Bae... and say hi again to Kris :)