Day When They Out of Town (Part 2)

Days of Ours
 
 

It has been too long since the last time Sehun remembered when he could spend, literally, a secluded time with Suzy. Along with the circumstance which she was not in any particular relationship right in the moment. It was like forever since he recalled the day she had excitingly came to him not so long after Kris had become her boyfriend. His sentiment— well no one had ever thought Sehun has that gentle part inside, considering his very cold outer façade— it scattered over the floor if he could give a picture.

However, seeing her ear-to-ear smile at that time, probably one of the widest he had ever, was then washing away the entire anguishes he must buried deep within. Again, he had those subsequent to adolescence when lots of guys could not stop being her admirers. Morons, he used to refer them. Not reflecting of how his world has turned upside down because of her, who he always stated simply as the best friend. Never had he showed that other side in any social context. And it was all got better in time.

Speaking about here and now, he probably been given the nth chance he had waiting for, since figuring out the unusual feeling he felt when she was around. There was the age when they were still in middle school back in Korea. Even though she was in some all-girls school, younger Sehun had always spare his while to see her at least once in a week. He even forced his parents to funnel one of their chauffeur to take him away from Seoul when she was having outing with her schoolmates. Similar situation was occurring once more in the present, as he enrolled to a further education college far away from her side of city.

He never, even once, had able to be distant for too long from this only girl.

 

“Hey, don’t you guys wanna grab something to eat?”

.

Sehun pierced some invisible darts to someone who came to disarray his overjoyed jiffy. With half-lidded eyes, Kai was shocked perceiving the unkind stare from the slight younger. His hundred percent awareness had emerged, not caring about the still lingering drowsiness. He chose to sit on Suzy’s side of armrest in its place.

What the hell is wrong with you, dude?

He couldn’t let that out straight from his mouth, intending to ask Sehun, perhaps later by himself. Setting aside, he wondered why the actual same age fellow was looking rather discontented, he altered by questioning them both.

“You hungry?” More likely he talked to the lone mademoiselle.

If only he could hear the palest guy imperceptible exhalation from the other part of seat. She merely shook his head, ogling to the guy on her side of seating support. Then, to the longtime best friend again.

“I’m feeling a bit tired though…”

Upon leaving to the inner house she added. Not really knowing why one of the guys trailed her instead of persuading the palest. In case he also sought to have supper. The forsaken individual blinked a couple times before realizing that he had being left alone in the open-air.

“Hey, Kai! I’m hungry too—“

They heard he was shouting from the terrace, hitherto the door was already closed. Causing her mused at the person beside, when they already walking along in the center space. She was intending to doze, while he was— she didn’t know for sure.

“I think he’s talking to you… Why you left him out of doors?”

Shifted glance at her, he shrugged. “He’s weird.”

Maybe they talked about something I shouldn’t bother…

The tanned guy kept that simply in his floating mind. Despite his constant apathetic responds to almost anything, he was a soul who extremely considerate about people in his surroundings.

“My goodness… You’re following me??”

Her remark has made him pretty annoyed. Contrariwise, she smirked, the way that he used to each time.

Yah!” He poked her head. “I’m going to search something in the fridge. Your room is next to the kitchen, so… Never once, I think of following you… Ever.”

He gave a very disgusted face while emphasizing his last sentence, adding a couple light nudge at her crown.

Mwoya—” She responded by giving a punch to his broad shoulder, kind of hard.

“Ow! Wae—”

Still when they bickering, the tallest of their group bumped into them on the way out from his bedroom. Chanyeol put each of his palms on their most upper limb, parting both, so that they would settle down. He had the absolute authority of being older than them.

“Did someone say something about food?”

Looking at each other, the always-at-odds Suzy and Kai sort out.

“Sehun.”

She said as holding the insistent yawn. Whereas he directed back with forefinger, avoiding the part that he still assuming what cause to decrease the younger’s mood.

“I did…” the supposed palest then appeared from the veranda.

 

After some time, Sehun and Chanyeol were happened to drive somewhere buying meals. The elder could been considered as the closest to Sehun— between the other guys— since he was adjusting somewhat quickly to the younger’s strong-nature. Not to mention, they sort of had the similar interest in the first place, and haven’t been that discrete at each other before.

However, in that sole of night, they both have remained wordless. For the reason that, pretty much same thing was bothering their heads.

 

Looking to the rearview mirror, Sehun pulled aside his black SUV to a fast food restaurant. He had in mind of takeaways then and there.

“I thought we’re gonna buy some scratch…”

Chanyeol muttered, finally cracking amid the stillness. Observing the time from the watch on his left wrist, it was not passing 8.

“People are tired… And don’t you guys should be back by tomorrow morning?” He spoke afore walking to the place’s entrance. “I’ll tag along though…”

Hearing the palest kind of aloof answer, he decisively was getting off from the vehicle to trail him making order.

“Why do you have to? Our ride is enough for us four, it’s better for you to stay, to rest probably—“

“Just because I want to… Okay, Yeol?”

He regarded as giving the ‘don’t try to stop me’ look, which made the two had fell in another silence.

 

As waiting for their stuffs to be carried, the two of them rested adjacent to the car. The weather on that night was chilly to a certain extent. Chanyeol took out a pack of cigarettes from his inner jacket, then offered it to Sehun, who eventually took a piece. And later, they were already puffing, still with no words in between.

Being someone who always reliable, Chanyeol had never wanted to have rivalry with any of his buddies. For few whiles after they were anticipating in the open-air, he was intending to deliberate about the ‘other stuff’ with the younger.

“Sehunnie,”

The fairer has plainly gazed at him with the typical cold orbs.

“Uh…”

Somehow making the elder had scarce misgivings.

“Some things are not expected to be great today, huh?”

Sehun, on the other side, was apparently understanding his motive. Being a person who had hung on for the matter by longest, he tried to be composed. In its place, he simpered to the elder.

“By the way, we ordered the same vanilla milkshake, right?”

He began again just as their orders have been delivered, which made the taller merely grinned.

“Yeah, Sehunnie…” he replied simply with staring, “We just favor exactly the same thing.”

 

Kai shifted his gaze from the TV screen to a girl, who walked out from the room across the living space to the backdoor of the house. Ogling to the ticking clock by close wall, he inquired Suzy when she was opening the access.

“Where are you going?”

She squinted at him with her drowsy eyes, whereas he remembered she said earlier about wanting to take nap.

“Catching fresh air, instead of being trapped here with you…”

“I asked nicely, yah spoilt brat—”

“You sour face dark boy—”

He threw some of the popcorn in his hold, as she stuck out her tongue as prompt respond. He missed the tossing and messed the flooring instead. Never once the two have been getting along in under a minute. She heard he scoffed when going afterwards.

 

A moment later, an individual had came from the master bedroom. Sassy, as he was yawning and flipping his hair before sitting next the younger.

“Where are the others?”

Baekhyun questioned the temporary housemate who was emptying the leftover to his extensive mouth. The one he found beforehand rummaging the kitchen storage. He answered the tinier fellow as keeping his watch to the adventurer flick, mouth full of munchies.

“Chanwool…aand Sehoon awre buwying foowds—“

“Suzy?”

He aimed his index to the backdoor, in hardly intervals, the bubbliest was taking off to. Causing Kai was dumbfounded for the way Baekhyun had conduct.

 

Sehun closed the entrance when Kai had gotten up from the couch, picking some of the bags from Chanyeol’s grip. Taking his long coat off before placing it on the hanger nearby, the palest has addressed with his typical flat tone.

“You’re alone?”

The asked guy was placing the meals on the dining table.

“Uh-huh… Those two were out—“

“For how long?”

Seeing the younger, given the impression still exasperated ahead of he left. Kai folded his arms upon his torso, most likely a bit bothered.

“They’re not kids… You can search for them—or, perhaps only the girl— by yourself, if you want.”

“Kai…”

Chanyeol nudged as murmured to the younger beside. His mindful sense considered that someone needed to be calm headed, and Sehun was not the right person for it by the time. Just when he thought it would’ve been so odd having the youngers about strangle each other, the access nearby the kitchen has opened. And the one they’ve been conferring had came to sight.

“Theeeerre you are, Bae!!!”

“Baekhyun’s not with you?”

Kai asked directly before the tallest poured his super excitement— otherwise, the will to hug her— and to prove that he seriously could not care less about how Sehun has crossed his patience.

“I was all by myself…”

“Then,”

“Baekhyun was a shabby little when alone in dark!”

Chanyeol had almost dropped the salad dipping when suddenly screaming that. He had his fingers ruffled his hair after throwing off his snapback, he knew the best friend was a certified coward. Not to mention his upmost aversion of watching horror movies, unless he was forced to and had supports to rely on. Sehun hadn’t said any word since Suzy had come into the room, and lastly come up with suggestion.

“We should seek for him, then…”                                    

“You two stay here, and I’ll go with Chanyeol.” Kai snatched a big arm sidewise, before going to the backdoor and looked once more to the two others. “See you, later.”

You want to be with her, huh? 

Kai had it spoken inside as eyeing to the younger male, looking more or less, remorse at that moment.

 

The remaining pair was barely having snatch some of the fries, it was when Suzy realized that Sehun was completely more reserved than he ever been. She had wanting to ask, but always knowing that Sehun really was not the type who loved to share any of his aggravation right after it was hitting the spot. He was more like the kind who fancied to share it very later, or indeed not at all. This was one of the thing which made not that many people had chosen to be close to him.

 

Approximately twenty minutes spent, only for Chanyeol and Kai to bring the actual oldest—yet tiniest— Baekhyun, who looked absolutely terrified back to the house. They found him at what time he was crying out for Suzy, who he knew was by herself in the woods. Not too far from the lake.

 

Chanyeol dragged his supposed-to-be-bubbly-fellow to one of the seats, as the rest have surrounded him. They were all looking worried, somehow curious, nevertheless.

“Baek, you okay?”

Sehun snapped his two fingers in front of the deadpanned older, firmly sitting and quietly looked over his bunch of friends. Then, Kai was looming, leaning over him next to Sehun. He was intending to speak to Baekhyun, still not too paying attention of the tension with another one at the side of his.

“This is why we’re not supposed to leave a girl out, alone at night…”

The others, including Baekhyun, were eyeing him a bit puzzled. Some were raising eyebrow, not really understanding what he was talking about. He was then directing his forefinger to where he has the frontage on.

“I’m talking about Baek.”

Baekhyun was the first to crack his guffaw, followed by Chanyeol and Sehun. Their laughters were floating and breaking the former dead air within the room, whereas Suzy has smacked Kai hard, right to the back of his head.