Day When They Out of Town (Part 1)

Days of Ours
 
 

The morning came and Suzy was the last to join her group of friends, at the lane right between her and Baekhyun’s building. She chose to wear a muffler, covering her fair-skinned neck, or mostly diverting the notice on her rather-still-reddish nose and eyes. She was likely pretending of catching a bit cold, in fact she was not. Kai was already there, slumping in the backseat, coating his torso with a backwarded leather jacket. The dynamic duo were visiting a near convenience store for some snacks and drinks.

“Hey, don’t sleep…” She nudged the tanned guy who was leaning his head to the opened convertible window. “I’m afraid you might kick me out from the car, since you hate sharing sleeping space…”

Inside she thought Baekhyun did get a quite fancy ride from his friend. He compelled the chilly weather excuse to be enjoyed by them during the long way.

“Good morning, weepy… I’m just resting my eyes.”

He definitely was sounded sleepy. She didn’t react to his typical annoying receive, whereas he slightly opened the orbs, sighting at the girl beside. She was looking over the road.

“Seems still gloomy around there…” He uttered.

“Where?”

“Never mind.”

He was closing his eyes back when she was beholding. In not so later, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were coming with a couple shopping bags.

“Good mooorniiing, Bae!”

The recently-healed-from-toothache, has cheerily greeted her as chewing some gum before getting ready on the driver seat.

“Sooj! We bought lots of choco selections! Feel free to have anything you want…”

Baekhyun said, kept facing the girl at his back’s side of passenger seat.

“And… Warm chocolate milk! Good for reviving the mood—”

The brightest guy handed her the stainless flask filled with the beverage he actually prepared by himself since the sunrise. A tanned arm was reaching for it, which he slapped and then he let out his morning nag.

“This is not for you! Here…”

And swapped him a small carton of milk from one of the bag.

“Kai, it’s not—“

Muttered the tallest, looking over the younger through the rearview mirror. However, the told guy was gulping what the bubbly pal offered by the time.

“Baek, it’s in cold!”

“Then drink it later at 10 when the sun is fully up and shining!”

Suzy had took the drink given by Baekhyun, and quietly giggling. Did not realizing how that was making the other three feel pleased.

 

They made a stop at an open diner, after an hour full of driving. Nothing from the bunch of chips and chocolate bars were enough to fulfill their starvation. Especially for quite fine glutton as Chanyeol and Kai. It was somewhat packed, considering of reaching brunch time in Saturday. They got a spot in the alfresco seating by the next ten minutes queueing.

Kai lighted a cigarette soon as he requested a stack of pancakes and coffee to the waitress, and Chanyeol was taking also one of his. They both were actually not that hard into smoking, unless the weather was stimulating. Not to mention, neither Baekhyun nor Suzy let them doing it when hanging around their place.

“Anyone want to share French toast with me?”

Suzy asked, causing Chanyeol the absolute sweet tooth, feeling tempted.

“What topping?”

“Um… I’m thinking a side of berries and whipped cream…”

“Sounds good…” The deep voice resuming, “Then, I’ll cancel the double cheese omelet… Only the set, please… With extra bacon.”

He knew the already-full-with-marshmallow Baekhyun would not refusing to have the strips.

 

Their food arrived minutes later, and it won’t take even twenty minutes of the guys finishing it. Baekhyun was surely taking part helping Chanyeol eating his complete toast set by chomping almost all the bacon. Kai was about to light another of his cig, when he spooned the cream from Suzy’s plate. Her meal was the no more than cleared even by half.

“Hey, it’s no fun of you losing the appetite…”

He stated, which the other two were agreeing. They clearly noticed her puffy eyes when she took off the muffler while previously ordering.

“I gulped down all the milk Baek gave me…”

She disagreed.

“Yeah, Bae… You seemed so… Off.”

Chanyeol spoken as beginning to help her with the meal, as he promised.

“Last night we saw you—“

Baekhyun stopped his mumble as a sudden kick stung his shin down the table.

“Geez, Kai!”

“I know… I marked you guys from my window…” She was placing down the fork, sipping her tea instead. “That’s why I shut it…”

“But, we’re okay if you don’t wanna talk about it.”

The bubbliest resumed, keep eyeing the quietened tanned in front of his seat. And also his very best friend, who keep swallowing her brunch till the last bit of it. No words from them in between. He knew they were worried of the only girl in their bunch. Even Kai who looked apathetic, in every so often.

“No, I will tell you… Perhaps when we arrived at Sehun’s… So that I won’t repeat it for many times.” She assured him.

They asked for the check, advancing to continue their trip. Chanyeol was so full of what he had eaten. He told Baekhyun to drive as a substitute and he was going to the backseat soon as they reached for the ride. He dozed off to Suzy’s shoulder all the way to their destination, or as he was planning to.

 

The palest guy was muddled when he opened his door, finding his four friends were coming. They perceived his worn t-shirt look as if haven’t being altered for more than a day, the loose pants were having crumbles on it. By his messy-looking-after-ed-hair, also the ones on his face starting to grow onto the striking jawline, they knew he definitely was stressed out.

“Sehun-ah! Did someone’s here with you?”

Suzy addressed him when she pecked his bony cheek in flash.

“What do you mean someone?! I’ve been damned with paperworks!”

He answered her as embracing before she was giving a pat to mess with his hair even more. He had simply high-fived with the last that came in afterwards.

“Dude, you look ten years older…”

Kai said as closing the door. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were already wandering over, after group-hugging with the younger, observing his spacey living room, adjoining the double bed in the other. It was the only suite-like-unit in the building.

Sehun has hastily headed to his desk, hiding a picture of somebody he avoid to notice. Her picture was actually what keeping his will of being motivated to stick on his heaving routine. Then, he took sat of one of the lounger as his friends were already occupying both the extensive settees. He rubbed his eyes for few times to make sure that it was really them he was facing.

“Sehun-ah… Are you not happy seeing us?”

Baekhyun chirped the first as his outspoken self, while Chanyeol crashed to the armrest to the younger’s wordless still.

“You stink!”

He received a quick hit from the pale hand.

“He smoke.”

The tanned one referred to the ashtray topped on the glass coffee table, filled with several remains of the pieces he really used to.

“Occasionally, when I’m full of these piling —“

“And when is the last time you have bathed yourself?”

The only girl continued.

“Um… I brushed my teeth before driving to buy a bubble tea, but I didn’t shower…”

“You what?”

Sehun eyed the giant by his arm place.

“Yes, Chanyeol… I had bubble tea for my splendid breakfast.”

His answer to the tallest was instead making his friends laughed at him in chorus.

Yah! What’s wrong with it?!”

“Sehun-ah… You better shower now…”

“And maybe, we should take you out from this place…” Baekhyun added what Suzy said, “Not just for bubble tea, okay? You need a proper eating.”

“And shave, don’t forget…”

“Dude, I thought I was kinda cool with this…”

He responded to Kai, just when Chanyeol was dragging him to the bathroom. He only sensed by looking a different looking hardwood compared to the two other beige-colored.

“No, you’re not… You’re too baby to even have a single hair on your face…” The older responded his trifling mutter.

“What about my eyebrows?”

“Go take a shower!”

He had given up getting the four of them shouted at him in unison.

 

“This is why I never let you guys smoke in my place…”

Baekhyun complained as he and Suzy was opening the window, facing the quite a view of lake in nearby, while Chanyeol and Kai were calmly puffing from the couch.

“Well… Since the dweller did it by himself then why we aren’t…”

The tanned was agreeing with his smoking companion as he put down his last cig of the day, right when Sehun was exiting his room. Looking fine, as usual. His brunette hair was still damp but the ones on his face was all clear. He looked good with his dark jeans and broken white sweater.

The youngest guy sat beside Chanyeol as regarding to his friends.

“What bring you guys here?”

“Just thinking of getting out the city…” said the bubbliest.

“Feels refreshing though…”

The three guys were eyeing the spoken girl who was stretching her hand, inhaling the fresh air from the unsealed window. Sehun tried to follow his group, he discerned a bit happening without being seen.

“Okay, what did I miss?”

“Well, it should’ve been what did we miss?”

Baekhyun disclosed, Chanyeol was approving his buddy. And Kai was the one who keep being silent, since he had known what she was going to spill.

 

“Kris and I broke up…”

Three out of four of them hung their mouth, not seeing this thing was coming. Up till then, some were actually kind of relieved of hearing it. Although they’re not wanting to show how they really feel, and reflecting support instead by asking.

Mwo?!”

Sehun folded his arms, mulling over as approaching the young lady.

Ne, Sehun-ah… Aside from some occurrences I’m sure happened while I not knowing any,” She sighed, looking at him. “I caught him cheating on me twice…“

“What the—“

Chanyeol’s eyes were about to plugged off from its cranium, “The that he do?!”

“Words, man… Please, we’re not teens anymore.”

Baekhyun dissented at the two who were tied reacting to each other.

“Yeol, you want to help me grabbing drinks from my tiny kitchen…?”

“Yeah, Sehunnie sure!”

 

“How the I missed this of all these years??“

The palest pulled the fridge grip, when the tallest was following him then kind of securing themselves from the others’ view.

“That head— I know, he must have some going on… Nobody’s perfect, right Sehunnie?“

A petite shadow was already in arrears, creeping, and ready to shock them by grabbing each shoulders.

“Hey! What the hell you two are talking? Let’s go out and find something to eat!”

 

A famous comfort food place was their pick, since Sehun craved to have his favorite veal chop with Grand Marnier sauce. The others were tagging along, ordering some opts of appetizer and mains for sharing. They have eaten loads, hours ago for the brunch. Hence, watching the youngest guy had scrumptiously— well, he didn’t go out and just having take-outs or delivery for the past days— at last, they ordered another round of meatballs rigatoni and sausages broccoli rabe. The feast completed by a good slice of creamy pecan pie for each.

 

“I don’t think I can move after this…”

Kai stretched, he was the last to finish the pastry bits. At the time, one person was eyeing him and the rest.

“Are you guys gonna stay for the night?”

They looked at one another then to Sehun who asked.

“Well…”

“I have extra clothes in my bag…”

Nado…”

“Is this the game you play, ‘let’s not tell Chanyeol to bring spares’?”

The tallest gave a careless allege toward them.

“Yeol, I can lend you some—“ expressed a flat-usual-tone. “–but you bring undies, right?”

The big eyes widened, attempting the puppy looks on the said person by his side. “No…”

“I’m not lending you mine.”

Wae Sehunnie, wae??”

The younger frowned, but still was expressionless, as usual. “It’s disgusting.”

“I have no contaminating ual disease—“

“The hell I don’t share it!”

“What an inappropriate fact, oppa …” babbled the only girl.

As you might expect, when the others were quarreling irrelevant things, the outspoken one always remained in his own right sense.

“But, how are we gonna stay in your-so-not-spacey-place?”

Oh…” Sehun contemplated for a while, then. “I know somewhere we can lodge—“

 

It was one of the housing quite near to a lake, reversely, a bit far from the one Sehun settled in. It has two small rooms, with a main bedroom, all in one floor. The kitchen, dining, restroom, and the living space were also contained within, since there was no second floor in the building. The housekeeper soon was giving Sehun the keys, and he seemed was the person the palest contacted before they were heading there.

They made a stop at Sehun’s flat afore going, where he took some clothes. Whereas Kai parted himself to accompany Baekhyun driving the ride they took from the big city.

They gave Suzy and Kai their own room, since none of them would share the single bed in each of it. Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Sehun were picking who would use the daybed for the night. Their rock-paper-scissor game was quite noisy till the whole house could catching it. In not so later, three of them were quickly slumbering by still getting tired from the long travel beforehand.

 

Sehun was done occupying the inside bathroom of the main, when he felt thirsty and heading to the kitchen to pick a drink. Leaving Baekhyun and Chanyeol still sprawling like dead bodies on the bed. He saw Suzy was sitting in the outer terrace by herself at the moment, in advance of he offered her the juice he contained from the fridge, and took a seat next to her.

“Are you sure about what just happened?”

He never actually keep what bother his mind, especially toward his best friend.

“More specific, please…”

“About you and Kris…”

Despite the fact that it was what he sort of wished, he empathized the girl to the highest degree. He realized how much she spent her wonderful years with the prick. Whether he liked it or not, she was his closest person— which she will ever be— he has been shared all of their story. And he knew about how much she, well, loved him.

“I’m so done with him, Sehun-ah…” Her eyes were gleaming as it always were, piercing straight through the icy pair of his. He never was able to avoid its jittery sensation, even above the times they had spent together.

“Yeah… But, are you sure about it?”

“Yes. What do you expect? I’ve had enough.”

“Okay, then…” He distracted the sight at the darkened sky. “What is this that still floating in your head, Suzy-yah?”

“Well… I’m just wondering…”

He stared at her again, looked like she was having dejection, he supposed.

“Is there still what you called…love— Ew!”

He merely chuckled at her straight-witty-cringe on herself. Letting her to do all the talking, he hoped that she would let it out instead keeping it bothered her mind.

“Ugh, I hate that word, now… And I sound so pathetic,” Simpering, she resumed, “Should be there anyone I can rely?”

She moved her watch to her own lap. Her fists have been tightened, whenever she felt upset. But, she didn’t cry, she loathed wasting tears to someone she regretted.

Their eyes were secured well ahead.

“Don’t worry… There will be—”

His flat lisp was curving by stating it, whereas his hand patted her crown softly. He cared about her so much, he couldn’t help it. In his own head, he was leaning to her. Caressing his soft, thin lips onto her refined tresses, as his fingers in one side brushing it gently to give her comfort. However, it was all just inside the thinker. He pulled himself to not being very close, resting an arm to the side chair support in its place.

“—people that is crazy and so full about you, wanting to give the entire world just for you… If they could,” He smiled, “You just haven’t find out.”

She was smiling back at him then, more vibrant than she had after yesterday’s wreck, all thanks to Sehun. Otherwise, his encouraging words, to be precise. He will always know best of how to relief Suzy, having faith in the longest by he had been discerned her.