Day When The Truth Came Out

Days of Ours
 
 

Kai finally has calmed down once Chanyeol and Sehun deliberately had pulled him away— because they sort of concerned that he would crashed things in the surroundings as he was somewhat behaving, panicking, like a total mad man, no kidding— when Baekhyun shielded Suzy by taking place in between. And somewhere in someplace they all know— probably Suzy did not, but we never know though— that it was how Kai showed of how much he didn’t want to lose her. Even for a day, said she ran off and he couldn’t find her in anywhere could cause him losing his mind.

 

Oh,” Sehun spoke the first word, whereas the air of silence was again floating for the most frequent in the living place as he heard the buzzer’s sound. “It’s the pizza man.” He got up then heading to the door verge.

“How come you’re not picking up any call from us? We all worried about you…”

Kai uttered, not to mention his face presented that he probably was the most bothered of them all. The rushed Sehun stopped his steps once hearing the dialogue emerging within the room.

“Sehunnie, go get the pizza first.”

“Please…”

It was rare for him to followed what the two olders spoken, in advance of he was going to the first floor like flash since he did not want to skip any of the exchanges that seemed would be important— he has been discerned of what would be the highly significant reveal, which Suzy shall tell them that night.

Thankfully, when their fast meal arrived to Baekhyun’s apartment, the important conversation hasn’t beginning and it halted by the need of them fulfilling the starvation.

 

For a good half hour, two pizza boxes were emptied by the coffee table, in the middle of the seaters. Chanyeol and Sehun even sat on the carpeting, sprawling their long lower limbs as the other three occupied the same center couch. The youngest guy has eyed Suzy for a few times while still busy munching the food, and with the eye contacts she actually was trying to refuse of what he was asking her for a favor, by previous.

“Suzy has something to tell you…”

In which Sehun would not let it be.

Commencing from Baekhyun who sat right next to her, and Kai to the other next to the petite buddy. And lastly, Chanyeol who put the pizza crust as his big eyes started to get widened for what the palest stated.

“You? Who?”

Baekhyun asked and Sehun simply replied.

“All of you.” He motioned by pointing the three young men. And then, their perspective centered to the only girl. Who was soon decisively letting her first words out after the taken aback phase caused by Kai earlier.

“Is it really has to be right now?”

“It is…” The longest time best friend sipped his cola-filled glass afore resuming, “You made me a promise.”

Suzy let a loud sigh, she seriously couldn’t decide of what she should be started it with. It was in some way or another, hard to tell them that she would be leaving. She stared at the best friends, each one of them through their eyes— and there that was, one particular darkened pair in the corner, which she was having the toughest time to meet with.

“Are you two going out?”

Sehun snorted and threw some of the cheese crumbs to responded Chanyeol’s bluntness. “No.”

“Then, what is it?”

The younger glanced at him before focusing on her again, “Come on, Suzy-yah… You know I’m not good at speaking. If I should tell them, I might mess it up way than it should.”

She finally gave it a try, “I’m going back to Korea after graduation.” Although her voice was small and hesitant. She looked at them again, one-by-one, and there was this pair she still could not read of how it was usually deepened and it seemed more obscured than how it was. Not to mention, he was in profound silence through all of that.

On contrary Baekhyun and Chanyeol, who smothered her with constant questions.

“When’s the graduation?”

“How could you graduate ahead of us?”

“Why do I not know that you’re already having finals?”

“Did they really held valediction this semester?”

“Why wouldn’t they include us?”

Suzy just smiled before she should answering those two. “It’s around next month and my flight is the week after that.” She simply beheld Baekhyun and Chanyeol, in respect of those were their demands— or not. “Yes, there is a graduation and I think you two should try harder…”

The mere gap between that one particular friend— behind Baekhyun who was she keep looking at, and Chanyeol who was sitting on near his feet— Kai, was lastly talking the definite matter by steadily locking his orbs at her.

“Why should you leave?”

Sehun gaped a little bit, since he didn’t dare to probe that too much, even when he wanted to back then. He should give an award to Kai’s boldness or something.

“I’ve been preparing this for the last couple months…” Suzy clarified, “The industry trend back home—“

“I just need to know why you should leave. Don’t give me tall tale.”

 

Again, there was this difference built between the ones who cared much and the one who cared even beyond that. Yet from that question, the other realized that he was doing it full and afar selflessly itself— despite the way of he delivered, probably was taciturn and unkind by the nature— they could see that he really did not prepared for this to occur. He would do all he could if he could prevent her to go, just because he only want to be with her. Unless, this is what she really wanted to.

 

“Because this is what I need to do.”

Kai perceived that there was true honesty in the words she enunciated. He just nodded to Suzy, before he was getting up then marched to the direction of his bedroom.

Yah, yah, Kai… Where are you going?“

“I’m tired, I need to sleep.”

Aloofly, he answered the eldest without turning his back around, for a second then he did. “Don’t follow me.”

Speaking about Sehun who was already up from where he seated. Watching to the complete-cold-looking-same-age-fellow-other-than-himself, he responded by raising his glass, “I… Uh, I want to add the water.”

 

Suzy went back to her place in not so long after that, leaving the other three guys, not daring to say a word at her, and did not knowing that Kai could not really do— even a lie down, he couldn’t stay still on his bed— as what he stated.

 


 

Truth to all mankind that no matter someone tried to shoved off any thoughts in their head— but as a normal human, Kai could not hide his sudden changes after that night Suzy told about her departure. Said for the whole four weekends they still have get-together, all of them— and needless to say, the other three, as what humans did normally, tried to spend much more of their time with her, aside of Kai. He tried and tried, and created lots of reasons to not be there when she was with the others. Except when he was there, he would be in mute for the entire time, before he went out again afterwards.

 

Kai didn’t want to get miserable— he didn’t want it to be exposed— once the day she will finally leave and it would come for sure. For the reason that, he loathed the excessive long that assembled within his core whenever he marked her in anyplace. He denied the fact and even forced himself, which he could have gotten over her, he should be. Regardless of, he couldn’t imagine spending his days later on without Suzy in it— she won’t be there, indeed, and he could not see her whenever he required to as he used to.

 

And his biggest mistake was, he didn’t want to talk about it. At all.

 


 

Let’s say, it was the time when their friendship could be granted as one of the best.

 

Baekhyun led the friends’ intervention, followed by Chanyeol and Sehun, when they were just finished attending Suzy’s graduation. Kai was there, arriving as late as much he planned to, and he was the one to leave after their group took pictures with the special young lady who was graduating at the time. He did not even bring anything, such as the flowers bouquet from Sehun, or a lovely-pantone-rose scarf wrapped and presented by Baekhyun. Otherwise, the cheesy short speech and chocolate bar from Chanyeol.

 

Kai was mulling over his pathetic self by himself with a bucket of a dozen fried chickens in the kitchen table when the other three arrived at Baekhyun’s apartment. They took seats accordingly, for the meantime the already-house-clothed tanned guy simply offered his still-well-dressed-friends some of the junk food.

“You need to talk to Sooj.”

Baekhyun interrupted, since he was the housemate and his changes could he spotted even less than 24 hours, unlike the others who was not living with him.

Kai could hear the older’s voice has gotten higher but he did not give any resoluteness. “I don’t think there’s stuff we need to talk to—“

“Damn it, Kai…” Now, Chanyeol was reacting over his indifference. “Did you know that even Sehun and I have already told her about how we feel?”

 

—Let’s skip the part of how the other three had lastly shared of what they done towards their own feelings—

 

He merely looked at the giant before shifting glance to Sehun, who kept locking his eyes on him in silent.

“Even though we were turned down by the end, at least, we’re not a scaredy-cat to tell her the truth.”

“And we won’t do this to you if you’re not behaving so strangely after—“

“I don’t feel like I’m having any behavior change after anything.”

Baekhyun merely grumbled when Kai cut his lines, and later on he was heading to the sink to wash his hands. Leaving the few untouched meal, he moved toward the bedroom— just as what he always did whenever they were all there, hanging out together for the past weeks.

“Kai,” Sehun called. “We just wanna make sure that you won’t be regretting whatsoever after you feel like it was too late to go for it.”

They saw the bedroom door got closed, and maybe they knew that was all they could do. In spite of, they actually had this little hope that Kai would think about what they encouraged, for the rest of week before Suzy would be going at last.

 


 

A/N: I probably would make the next two chapters as the closure. HOPE YOU ENJOY ^.^v

And gentle reminder, this is not an April Fools' threat cause i really prepared for this story ending. Well, just asking, did any of you fancy a sequel for this? :p :p