Reluctant Agreement

Just Because of A Facebook 'Like'

 

Reluctant Agreement

When Gui Gui got back to her desk after lunchtime, she realised all her books had been ruined as well. Same as her desk, black markings of sharpie pens were scribbled all over it. She picked up her book slowly and everyone hid behind their books. Some people snickered. Gui Gui said nothing and sat back down.

She didn’t know Aaron was staring at her.

~~~

The bell went for home time and most people hurriedly picked up their bags and headed home. Even the teacher hitched her glasses further up her nose and told Gui Gui to wash her desk before leaving.

All that was left in the classroom was Fahrenheit, Danson and Gui Gui. Jiro looked at Gui Gui who was slowly standing up from her desk. He nudged Aaron sharply in the ribs. Aaron clutched his hip with surprise and gave Jiro a what-the-hell-was-that-for look.

“Here’s your big chance!” Jiro whispered and gave him the thumbs up sign followed by a wink. “Go and talk to her! We’ll be going~” Trying to wink consecutively, he dragged Chun, Calvin and Danson out the door, leaving Aaron with Gui Gui.

Aaron sighed and went over to Gui Gui who was struggling to lift her desk out of the classroom. He gripped her desk and lifted it for her. She looked up in surprise.

“Seems like you need help,” He said. She growled but looked down at her feet. Aaron moved her desk outside and went to get a wet sponge and some soap. Gui Gui silently looked at her sharpie-scribbled desk with insults.

~~~

When Aaron got back, he handed Gui Gui a sponge and they both started scrubbing away at the sharpie, hoping it would go away. Aaron sighed.

“I shouldn’t have done that dare,” He said. “I’m sorry.”

“You shouldn’t have,” Gui Gui said quietly, though she was surprised at his apology. They both continued scrubbing in silence until Aaron finally got one side clean and put his sponge down and looked at her.

“Hey, why don’t we just pretend to date each other for one day?” He asked. “Maybe everyone will stop pestering you and maybe Jiro will stop calling me a chicken.”

Gui Gui stopped scrubbing and looked at him.

“What do you mean by ‘pretend’?” She asked. Aaron shrugged.

“I don’t know,” He said. “We should kind of show everyone so that they’ll stop bullying you.” Gui Gui thought for a moment.

“Alright,” She agreed reluctantly at last.

As long as you and I won’t get hurt…especially me.

She leaned forward and listened to his plans.

~~~

The next day, Fahrenheit (excluding Aaron) and Danson walked to school. On the way through the school gates, they were greeted by many girls as usual. But this time, they were also greeted with a big surprise.

Jiro’s mouth opened wide. Calvin half smirked but still stared in surprise. Chun’s snack bar dropped from his mouth. Danson just stared.

Aaron and Gui Gui were walking together hand in hand! Although they looked a bit uncomfortable like that, they looked like a couple! Just as Aaron led Gui Gui into the classroom, everyone stared in amazement and Jiro pulled them back out of the classroom again.

“Wh-Wh-Wh-What is this!?” He asked.

“Oh,” Aaron replied. “Gui Gui and I are going out now. Didn’t you know?” Jiro looked down at Gui Gui as if she was his little sister taken away by a monster.

“Y-You’re seriously dating him!?” He asked. Gui Gui looked uneasy but nodded.

“But Aaron what about-“ Chun started but Aaron smacked his arm before he could say ‘Patty’.

“Oh well,” Danson said. “A dare is a dare.” Aaron shrugged and nodded.

Alright, so we just have to act for one day. One day only. Gui Gui thought as her heart thudded nervously against her chest. In all her school life, she was always unnoticed by everyone. She had never spoken or even WENT NEAR someone popular such as Fahrenheit and Danson before!! It made her feel nervous and shy.

However, they didn’t seem to notice.

“I don’t believe it!” Jiro was saying. “I really can’t believe it!” It was all silent until they all heard Calvin smirk.

“Hm,” He said. “If we need to believe it, we should see it with our own eyes first…shouldn’t we?”

Gui Gui became a bit more panicked. He was planning something. CALVIN WAS PLANNING SOMETHING! She suddenly felt Aaron squeeze her hand and she looked at him in surprise. He wasn’t looking at her but she could feel he was telling her to relax.

Hey, this kid is actually not bad…Gui Gui thought. When she looked back at the other four boys, they were whispering in a little corner.

“What are they doing?” Gui Gui whispered to Aaron.

“Discussing,” Aaron whispered back. “They always seem to do that when they’re planning something ‘big’.”

“Ah.”

They boys then came back, big grins on their faces.

“…And that means they’ve planned something bad.” Aaron whispered to Gui Gui.

“To prove that you’re dating…” Chun said.

“On Saturday…” Danson continued.

“Both of you will have to…” Jiro continued, looking excited.

“Go on a date!” Calvin finished, looking satisfied.

“Wh-What!?” Gui Gui and Aaron yelled together. “Date!?”

“No way!” Aaron yelled. “Not with her!”

“Yeah me too!” Gui Gui shouted. “I don’t want to go on a date with him!”

“Oh?” Calvin said. “So you guys really aren’t dating each other?”

“No!” Both of them yelled. “We are!” They both looked at each other, furious.

“Meet you at the aquarium/movies!” They said together. Then they both frowned.

“I want to go to the aquarium!” Gui Gui complained.

“No, I want to go to the movies!” Aaron argued.

“Aquarium!”

“Movies!”

“Aquarium!”

“Movies!”

“Alright, alright, alright guys,” Calvin said, interrupting their conversation. He patted Aaron on the shoulder.

“There are many things I have to teach you before you go on a date, my friend,” He said. “First, respect the female and let her go wherever she wants to.”

Gui Gui gave Aaron a look of triumph. Aaron groaned.

~~

Author’s Note:

They’ve started to date now~ (Kind of…)

Sorry if this chapter has been kind of sloppy, as I said, I’m going to China soon and I want to get as many chapters as I can done before I go there!!