Last Round pt. 2

Just Because of A Facebook 'Like'

 

“The student dances will commence in 10 minutes,” The announcement blared through the whole school. “The student dances will commence in 10 minutes, thank you.” 
Aaron ran through the empty school halls. Everyone was now outside, waiting for the last dance to conclude the festival. A ghostly figure suddenly drifted out of no where. Aaron jumped and then realised it was just Ya Tou with lots of makeup on with messy hair wearing a white loose cloth.
“Ya Tou,” He said. “Have you seen Gui Gui?” Ya Tou stared at him and then shook her head slowly. 
“But why do you want to find-“
“Okay thanks, bye!” Aaron said and went past her. There were only 10 more minutes left and he needed to confess to her. Now.
Ya Tou stared at Aaron’s figure slowly disappearing from her sight. She frowned and continued walking on, staring at her feet. She heard some feet shuffling that weren’t hers so she looked up to see Ah Wei walking her direction with his head down as well. 
“Ah Wei?” She said. He looked up and saw her, suddenly yelling in surprise. 
“Wait a second...” He said, squinting. “Ya Tou, is that you?” 
“My class was doing a haunted house for the booth thing,” She explained. “And why is Aaron trying to find Gui Gui? Did something happen?”
“I’ve lost,” Ah Wei shrugged, smiling. “I’ve lost Gui Gui to Aaron.” Ya Tou fell silent as she studied Ah Wei’s smile. His smile did not reach up to his eyes like it usually did.
“Are you going to give up?” She said through clenched teeth. Ah Wei shrugged and dug his hands in his pockets.
“I guess I’ll kind of have to,” He said lightly. “After all, Gui Gui probably likes Aaron back?”
“Dumb....” Ya Tou muttered. 
“Eh?” Ah Wei said, leaning in to hear what she had said.
“You’re dumb!” She yelled. “Dumb! Stupid! Retarded!”
“What??” Ah Wei asked, surprised at her sudden outburst. 
“You’re always lying!” Ya Tou said. “You’re always just putting that stupid smile on your face to hide your concerns but I know you’re always lying!” Ah Wei stared at her, stunned. 
“You actually still care about Gui Gui, don’t you?” She continued. “You actually don’t want to give up yet, right? So why don’t you just go chase after her, jerk?” 
Ah Wei was a bit taken aback and Ya Tou moved a hand to wipe a tear off. That’s when she remembered she still had makeup on and it smudged the makeup on her face.
“Ya Tou, would you like a tissue?” Ah Wei asked kindly. Without saying anything, Ya Tou quickly turned and ran off. She felt embarrassed and thought she had looked like a complete mess in front of Ah Wei. 
How am I ever going to face him in the future?? She sighed hopelessly and continued to run. 
 
~~~
 
“The student dances will commence in 10 minutes. The student dances will commence in 10 minutes, thank you.” 
“Phew,” Gui Gui wiped off some sweat from her forehead and looked towards the loud speaker above. After going around to everyone, telling them to come along to their class booth, she felt exhausted. She nodded to herself.
“Wu Ying Jie. You did a good job.” She whispered. She continued to wander around and look at other booths before the dance would start. 
Suddenly, someone grabbed her arm and she spun around. It was Aaron. 
“Ah, Aaron!” She smiled. “I advertised our class booth and some people actually seemed interested!” 
“R-Really?” Aaron gave a half-hearted smile but then turned serious. “Um, I need to tell you something.”
“Hmm? What is it?” Gui Gui asked, still smiling. 
“I can’t tell you here,” Aaron replied. Gui Gui’s expression changed. She was no longer smiling but had a long, empty stare.
 
~~~
 
Gui Gui followed Aaron into an empty classroom. Both remained silent. 
“So um,” Gui Gui broke the silence, hesitating. “What did you want to tell me?” Aaron faced her and took a deep breath.
 
He won’t....will he? Gui Gui thought as she stared up at him. 
 
“Gui Gui, I...”
 
No, please don’t...
 
“I....”
 
I don’t want to know....
 
“I like you. Will you go out with me?”
 
~~
 
Oh look! A ‘next’ button! 
Why not click it to read the double update? C;