Jealous?

Just Because of A Facebook 'Like'

The next morning when Gui Gui stepped out of her house, she saw Ah Wei standing at her gate. His face lit up as he saw her and he waved.

“Gui!” He greeted.

“Ah Wei!” Gui Gui waved back. “What are you doing here?”

“Hehe, walking with you to school of course,” Ah Wei grinned.

“Eh??” She said, waving her hands about. “You didn’t have to!!”

“Aiya, that’s okay!” Ah Wei said. “You know me, I’m always like this so don’t bother arguing!” Gui Gui shrugged and the two of them laughed and continued walking to school.

~~~

As Aaron walked through the school with his friends, the fan girls screamed as usual.

“Aaaarrrooonnn!!”

“Kyaaah Calvin, marry me!!”

“Chun!! I’ll give you food!!”

“I love your smile Jiro!!”

“You’re so cool Danson!!”

This time, instead of smiling and nodding at them, Aaron sighed and rolled his eyes.

“What’s wrong Aaron?” Danson asked. “We’ve got to always put on a smile for them remember?”

“I bet you there’s something bothering him,” Calvin smiled and winked, nudging Aaron. “Am I right? Right? Is it...IS IT LOOOVVEE?”

Everyone was interested in it right away.

“What!?”

“Who is it? Who is it? Is it Gui Gui?”

Aaron rolled his eyes again.

“What are you guys talking about? Sheesh,” He replied. Truthfully, he had been thinking about yesterday when he had taken Gui Gui home.

~FLASHBACK~

After Gui Gui and Ah Wei talked for a while, Aaron cleared his throat.

“So uh, I’ll just go now...” He said, turning to leave.

“Oh, thank you for taking me home!” Gui Gui bowed and smiled. “See you tomorrow!”

As Aaron turned around, he suddenly heard Ah Wei speak.

“Ah! Gui you still have that Stitch keychain I gave you when we were little!” He said. Aaron stopped in his tracks.

“Yeah I do,” Gui Gui chortled. “It’s soooooo cute! Thank you again for that!”

“Haha I’m really glad you haven’t lost it or anything,” Ah Wei replied. Gui Gui was about to say something but was cut off when Aaron suddenly went up to her and attached the clownfish keychain he was holding onto her bag.

“Huh? But I thought you said it was garba-“

Aaron stopped her and pointed at her.

“Don’t lose this again. Okay?” He warned. Gui Gui nodded and as Aaron turned to leave again, he gave Ah Wei a quick glare before walking off.

~END OF FLASHBACK~

 

“Ah, Gui Gui’s here,” Chun said dully. Aaron quickly shot up to see Gui Gui walking through the school gates with Ah Wei. They were both talking and smiling.

Frowning, Aaron walked over to them.

“You’re late,” He said. Gui Gui jumped at the tone of his voice.

“Uh...s-sorry?” She said. Aaron’s gaze travelled from Gui Gui to Ah Wei and then back to Gui Gui.

“Hurry up and get to class now,” He said, turning around.

“Ah, ye-“

“Wait Gui!!” Ah Wei interrupted. “Can you show me around the school first?”

“Yeah su-“ Gui Gui was cut off again when Aaron turned back around.

“No, you’re going to be late for class,” He said. “Plus there’s no time to show him around the whole school.”

“That’s okay,” Gui Gui replied. “We’ve still got around 10 minutes left until class. I’ll just show him around the basic places and then show him the rest later.”

“Yay let’s go!” Ah Wei smiled, taking Gui Gui’s hand and pulling her along. Gui Gui smiled too but suddenly felt her other hand being tugged.

“Wait,” It was Aaron. “I’ll go with you two.”

“Oh it’s okay, you can go to class,” Gui Gui said. “I’ll take care of it.”

Aaron rolled his eyes.

“No it’s not that,” He replied. “Someone like you who loses a clownfish keychain and doesn’t think of looking for it in the classroom first is bound to get lost in this school.”

Gui Gui frowned and pouted.

“Hey........”

The three of them walked through the main office first and Gui Gui told Ah Wei about it.

“This is the main office,” Gui Gui said. “You can ask questions here or put in your forms.”

“Forms?” Ah Wei inquired.

“Yeah like for example a signed notice for an excursion or maybe a signed notice for the school social,” Gui Gui replied.

“Wow your school has a school social?” Ah Wei said, amazed.

“Yep and its going to come soon,” She said. “I usually don’t go because it’s too awkward for me there...”

“Huh?” Ah Wei asked. “Why not? I could dance with you this year.”

Aaron scoffed.

“Kid probably has two left feet,” He muttered.

~~~

The bell went for class and Gui Gui, Aaron and Ah Wei hurriedly headed into the class.

“Wu Ying Jie, Yan Ya Lun,” Mrs. Yu snapped, hitching her glasses further up the bridge of her nose. “You’re late!”

“Sorry....” They muttered as they headed to their seats. Seeing Ah Wei still standing at the door, Mrs. Yu snapped again.

“Who are you?” She demanded. “Why are you standing there for?”

Ah Wei bowed and then smiled.

“I’m the new student, Ah Wei,” He introduced. “Nice to meet you! Please take care of me this year!”

“Very well,” Mrs. Yu said, hitching her glasses further up her nose. “Go find any place to sit, I really don’t want to think at the moment.”

Ah Wei looked around.

“Hm....I’ll sit...” He brightened when he saw an empty seat next to Gui Gui. “Next to Gui Gui!”

He skipped over to sit next to her and the lesson started.

Throughout the whole lesson, Aaron stared at Ah Wei and Gui Gui conversing quietly at the back. At times they would suddenly giggle at something and at times they would just pass notes to each other.

“Aaron,” Danson nudged him. “Are you feeling okay? You’ve been staring at Gui Gui and Ah Wei for the whole lesson.”

“It’s nothing,” He grumbled back.

Meanwhile, Gui Gui had caught Aaron staring at her with a scary quiet expression on his face and had freaked out a bit.

What’s wrong with him today?

 

~~

Author’s Note:

I really wonder, is Ah Wei being the er or is Aaron being the er? xD (Yes, I did get that word from CupcakesPrincess jie)

Once again, thank you for the comments! At least I know that I still have three readers reading my story, but that’s okay ;W;