When Will It Stop?

Just Because of A Facebook 'Like'

 

The next day, Gui Gui walked to school alone. Usually Aaron would come and they would walk together to look like a couple. But now, since they “broke up” Gui Gui walked alone. On the way to school, a car stopped by beside her and the back window opened.

“Hello Gui Gui!” Ya Tou greeted. “Would you like a lift?” Surprised at seeing her friend, Gui Gui just stared.

“Oh, uh...alright,” She replied and Ya Tou opened the door for her to go in.

“So what are you going to do?” Ya Tou asked Gui Gui as soon as the car started moving again. “Now that you and Aaron ‘broke up’?”

Gui Gui shrugged.

“Do the usual. Go to the garden. Eat. I never really had to do anything when I was pretending to be Aaron’s girlfriend,” She replied. “Except go on a date.” Ya Tou’s ear twitched.

“Date?” She said, astonished. “You never told me that you guys went on a date together!”

“Ha ha yeah,” Gui Gui laughed. “It was to trick Calvin, Danson, Jiro and Chun. We went on a Saturday to the aquarium.” Ya Tou fell silent.

~~~

“Ha ha yeah,” Gui Gui laughed. “It was to trick Calvin, Danson, Jiro and Chun. We went on a Saturday to the aquarium.” Ya Tou fell silent.

Saturday?

“Which Saturday was it?” Ya Tou asked, pretending to sound interested. “What did you guys do?”

“It was about two weeks ago,” Gui Gui replied. “You see...” She started talking about what happened.

Two weeks ago?

That was the week when Ya Tou, Ting Ting and Xiao Xun had invited Aaron to karaoke. He chose to go to the date with HER instead!? Ya Tou frowned to herself.

“We went to look at the clownfish and he kept calling me childish!” Gui Gui was saying as she pouted. “We argued and I was going to kick him until...” She suddenly broke off. Ya Tou looked at her.

“Until...?” She asked. Gui Gui seemed to be blushing which made Ya Tou have a bad feeling. Did something happen at the aquarium to both of them?

Gui Gui laughed nervously and waved her hand about.

“It was a really boring date, nothing really,” She said. Ya Tou plastered a smile on her face.

“I see.”

~~~

“Are you ready girls?” Ting Ting said, looking at all of the other girls standing at the front entrance of the school. One by one they nodded and Ting Ting smirked.

Soon, the car came in sight.

~~~

“We’re here Miss Ya Tou,” The driver said. Ya Tou nodded.

“Thank you George,” She said. Then she turned to Gui Gui.

“Come on, we’re there.” Gui Gui nodded and opened the door.

Once she was out, she heard a “NOW!” and saw Ting Ting, Xiao Xun and a few other girls suddenly jump out and splash water all over her.

Gui Gui gasped in surprise. Ting Ting, Xiao Xun and the other girls smirked before running off.

“Hey!” Ya Tou yelled as she jumped out of the car. “Come back and apologize!”

“Don’t worry, I-I’ll just dry myself,” Gui Gui said, trying to smile to show her friend she was alright.

“I can’t believe they would do that,” Ya Tou said, looking angry. Gui Gui shrugged. She was somehow used to it.

“You can go to your classroom first,” She said to Ya Tou. “I’ll just go dry myself.” Ya Tou nodded and skipped off.

Gui Gui heaved a deep sigh and walked over to the school gardens.

~~~

“Hey Aaron, why aren’t you with Gui Gui today?” Jiro asked as Fahrenheit and Danson walked to school together. Aaron didn’t say anything.

“Did you get dumped?” Danson guessed. Aaron still didn’t say anything. Calvin slung an arm around Aaron’s shoulder.

“Awww, Aaron got dumped by Gui Gui~” He teased. Aaron took Calvin’s arm off his shoulder and glared at him.

“I didn’t get dumped,” He said before walking off.

“What with him?” Chun asked, raising an eyebrow at Aaron’s attitude. Calvin smirked.

“He’s still young,” He said, watching Aaron slowly disappear from their sight. “He still has a lot to learn.”

~~~

Aaron grimaced as he walked away from his group. Last night’s shower didn’t seem to take away the fatigue that he was feeling.

He wasn’t even sure if it was fatigue or not. He just didn’t feel uncomfortable and felt down. He decided to go to the school gardens to rest for a while. Last time they had eaten there, the sunshine felt really great. Today was a sunny day too.

Once Aaron came into the school yards, he marched straight to the school gardens to suddenly see Gui Gui there. She was sitting up, legs stretched out and two arms supporting her body. She was facing the sun and seemed to be wet.

“Why are you wet?” Aaron asked. Gui Gui turned around in surprise.

“Why are you here?” She said. Aaron narrowed his eyes.

“I asked first, why are you wet?”

“Oh I got caught in the rain on my way to school!” Gui Gui said cheerfully. “Nothing much.”

“You’re a terrible liar, you know that?” Aaron stated. Gui Gui pulled a face and he sighed.

“Did you get bullied again?” He asked.

“Does it really matter?” Gui Gui replied. “After all, we’ve got nothing to do with each other anymore. Now we’re just acquaintances, like before.” For some reason these words seemed to stab at Aaron’s heart.

Acquaintances?

Did Gui Gui just see him that way?

Aaron had seen Gui Gui as....well, a frenemy.

And well, that was kind of like acquaintances except, well...

Aaron broke off from the thought.

Frenemies are better than being acquaintances!!

“Y-You just see me as an acquaintance?” Aaron asked. “I always saw you as a frenemy!!” Gui Gui looked at him weirdly.

“Umm....isn’t that kind of the same thing?” She asked.

“No, it’s not!” Aaron said. “The words are different!” Gui Gui turned away.

“Alright, alright,” She said. Aaron nodded.

“Good, now that’s settled...” He was about to turn away when suddenly a thought hit him. “Wait, that’s not the point. I want to ask you if you were bullied and who bullied you.”

Ugh, He thought. Since when did I become this clumsy?

“I-I’m going to be late for class,” Gui Gui stuttered, pushing past him. “See you.....acquaintance.” Aaron turned and saw her run off.

He really hated that word now.

~~

Author’s Note:

Hooray! Congratulations to CupcakesPrincess, tinygui and ilovemilkycouple for getting the previous question correct! XD The answer was: "Hei Tang Xiu" by Lollipop and HEY Girls 

What kind of picture would you guys like? It can be ANYTHING!!

(Ranging from Chinese/Taiwanese singers to Korean singers or just anything your choice) XD

So what do you think of Ya Tou now??

Thanks for reading!! Please leave a comment and I'll be sure to update!!