Refusal

Just Because of A Facebook 'Like'

 

The next day, Gui Gui dragged her feet along as she walked to school. Black rings formed around her eyes. She hadn’t gotten much sleep last night; since she was too busy trying to re-connect her internet so that she could ‘unlike’ the Facebook page. Hours had flown by but she still hadn’t gotten the internet re-connected. She sighed and gave up.

As Gui Gui entered the school yards, she barely had the energy to notice people whispering and pointing at her as she walked past. It was until she had bumped into someone that she looked up slowly.

Her eyes widened and she jumped back quickly. It was Aaron Yan, the kid that had made the Facebook page. He stared at Gui Gui and his eyes widened as well.

“W-Watch it!” He yelled at her, then leaving. She turned back at him. What a jerk! Trying to ignore his rudeness, she continued walking to class. Her sudden anger didn’t make her feel tired anymore.

She stomped the rest of her way to the classroom, feeling annoyed.

~~~

Brrrriiiinnnngg!!

Soon, the bell for lunchtime went. Danson nudged Aaron sharply in the ribs and hissed, “Hey, you’re supposed to be dating Gui Gui now. Remember?

“I don’t want to,” Aaron said. “I don’t even know her well!”

“Chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken-“

“Shut up, Jiro.”

“Come on,” Calvin said, resting his elbow on his desk. “It’s not that hard, I mean-“ Aaron gave him a death glare so he shut up.

Danson nudged him again.

“At least go talk to her,” He said. “I mean, she doesn’t really have any friends at this school. She’s always so quiet, too. It’s time she got social.”

“And if you don’t talk to her,” Jiro added. “I’ll yell out AARON YAN IS A CHICKEN in front of everybody.” He nudged Chun who was eating as usual.

“Come on, pig,” Jiro said to him. “You’ll help me out won’t you?” Aaron rolled his eyes.

“As if you would yell out that,” He said. “You didn’t even have the guts to tell Selina that you like her.”

“Hey, hey,” Jiro protested. “That’s different. That was my sad, sad past.”

“Which no one cares about,” Chun added. Jiro looked at him and he got back to eating. Jiro turned back to Aaron.

“Anyway,” He said. “Just go and talk to her! It’s not going to hurt!!” Aaron was reluctant to go but the boys all pushed him and he found himself shuffling towards Gui Gui’s desk which was located at the back of the classroom next to the window. She looked up slowly from the book that she read.

“Uhhh…” Aaron stuttered. “H-Hello…” She narrowed her eyes.

“What do you want?” She said. This was the first time that Aaron had heard her speak. Amazing.

“About the Facebook thing,” He said. “Um, well, it was a dare and-“

“And you still did it? Wow, didn’t know that I had such an idiot in my class.” That pissed Aaron off.

“What did you say!?” He said, narrowing his eyes. Gui Gui closed her book and stood up to glare at Aaron.

“I. Said. I. Didn’t. Know. That. I. Had. Such. An. Idiot. In. My. Class,” She poked him with her book as she said each word.

“Well I didn’t know that I had such a quiet, unnoticeable, plain girl in my class!” Aaron said.

“How dare you call me that!” Gui Gui yelled. The whole class was staring now. But Gui Gui didn’t care.

“You popular people are all the same!” She shouted at him. “You think creating random pages on Facebook and going out with people you don’t know and you don’t love is fun! We’ll for people like me, IT’S NOT FUN!”

She walked out of the classroom, leaving Aaron still standing there, angry and shocked. Who knew that such a nobody at this school could yell at a popular person???

Calvin smirked and whistled.

“Rejected~”

~~

Author’s Note:

Hello!! Sorry for not updating for the past few days!

At the end of the year for our school, we start getting all these ASSIGNMENTS!! So I’ve been busy with homework.

By the way, starting from the 5th of December, I will not be able to upload any chapters because I’m going overseas to CHINA!! I’ll be back on the 15th of December though!!

Please leave a comment~!