Last Goodbye and A New Start

Just Because of A Facebook 'Like'

 

Patty turned around and was about to hand in her boarding pass until a voice called out to her.

“Patty!”

Patty turned around quickly and her eyes widened.

“A-Aaron?”

He ran right up to her and Gui Gui who was also there, followed.

“Wh-What are you doing here?” Patty asked.

“Stupid, why didn’t you tell me?” Aaron yelled. “Don’t always try ending everything suavely! Okay?”

Patty stared and then tears started coming into her eyes. She nodded.

“Okay, I’m sorry.” Aaron smiled a little and patted her head.

“Be good when you get to Boston, alright?” He said.

Patty smiled, despite the tears.

“I will,” She looked down at Gui Gui who was standing awkwardly, watching them.

“Gui Gui,” She said. “Thank you.”

Gui Gui hurriedly waved her hands about.

“O-Oh no, A-Aaron was the one who was smart enough to track you down here!” She said, flustered. Patty smiled and hugged her.

“Thank you,” She said again. Gui Gui was about to protest again but decided it wouldn’t work and smiled.

“Be safe,” Gui Gui said. Patty nodded and they broke off.

She looked at both of them.

“Be good, you guys,” She said. Aaron and Gui Gui nodded.

“Send us a postcard when you get there,” Aaron said.

“G-Good luck!” Gui Gui added.

Patty nodded, smiling for real this time.

She turned around and gave in her boarding pass. Aaron and Gui Gui called more goodbyes as Patty entered the gate. She turned and gave one last wave before entirely heading in.

Gui Gui smiled and looked up at Aaron.

He was smiling.

~~~

Meanwhile the class:

As the class went to work, the teacher stared at the classroom door.

Well they’re taking a while...

~~~

As Patty’s plane flew into the air and away, Aaron and Gui Gui watched.

“I hope she won’t be bullied there,” Aaron said. Gui Gui smiled.

“Me too.”

Suddenly, Gui Gui felt one of her hands feeling strangely warmer than her other one. She looked down to see her hand still holding onto Aaron’s. Aaron seemed to realise it as well because at the same time, they both quickly let go.

“S-Sorry!” Gui Gui stuttered. “I-I didn’t realise I was still holding...”

“N-No,” Aaron said. “It-It was my fault.”

They both awkwardly stood apart for a while. Then, Aaron cleared his voice.

“It’s 11:50am already,” He said, looking at Gui Gui. “Do you want to go somewhere?”

“Back to school?” Gui Gui asked.

“No, we’ve basically missed out a whole two lessons already,” Aaron replied. “Let’s go somewhere fun just for today. I know this cool game centre nearby, let’s go there!”

Gui Gui smiled.

“Alright.”

~~~

“Which one should we play first?” Aaron asked Gui Gui when they got there. Gui Gui looked around, uncertain. She hadn’t been to an arcade before.

“Ah, we could try the dancing machine ones!” Aaron pointed at a nearby machine which had coloured squares on the floor.

“Eh? But I can’t dan-“

“That’s alright,” Aaron said, dragging her to the machine. “Just watch me first! It’s really easy!”

He went over to the coloured squares and pressed the start button.

As the music started, Aaron started to dance, watching his feet as they touched each of the coloured squares. Gui Gui stared in amazement.

When he finished, Aaron smiled.

“Your turn,” He said, stepping off the coloured squares.

“B-But I can’t-“

“Aaah~ Just try already!” He lightly pushed her onto the coloured squares and the music started. Gui Gui stared down at her feet, just trying to step on each of the coloured squares as they lit up.

The song ended and Aaron clapped.

“That was good!” He remarked. Gui Gui blushed.

“Ah, there’s a photo booth over there! Let’s go!” Aaron said.

“Eh? But last time at the aquarium you said you hated photos,” Gui Gui said.

Aaron blushed and scratched the back of his head.

“That’s because I was frowning!” He blabbered. “Let’s go and try that one now!”

They went into a photo booth and Aaron put in a coin. The camera flashed and the photo developed and came out from the bottom. Aaron took the photo and looked at it.

“I like this one,” He smiled. “Let’s take more!” Gui Gui giggled at his sudden childishness.

He was completely different from when he was this morning. She thought. At least he’s happier now.

After taking like, 10 photos in the photo booth, both of them came out, hungry.

Luckily, a kids ice cream truck passed by outside and Gui Gui took Aaron to look at it.

She stared at the menu and dropped open.

“B-BLUEBERRY STITCH FLAVOUR!?” She said. Aaron looked at her in surprise.

“Well...this is a Disney kids ice cream truck...”

Gui Gui pointed at it in the menu and looked at Aaron.

“I want.”

Aaron laughed and rolled his eyes.

“You’re paying me back,” He said. Gui Gui grinned.

“I will,” She replied. Aaron bought the blueberry stitch flavoured ice cream for Gui Gui and bought a chocolate mickey mouse ice cream for himself. They both sat down at a table and started eating.

“What?” Gui Gui wrinkled her nose. “It’s just vanilla flavoured ice cream dyed blue and shaped like stitch’s head.”

“What did you expect?” Aaron laughed.

The rest of their day went along smoothly and they continued playing more games around the arcade.

Once Gui Gui headed home, she dropped her bag onto the floor and collapsed onto her bed. She smiled at today’s memories and then buried her face in her pillow as she discovered something else.

It’s so hard not to fall for him.

 

~~

Author’s Note:

I’ve triple updated it!! >W<

Thanks for reading!

And a happy belated birthday to tinygui jie! C:

Here’s your present from me!

 

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii633/TheBlackRabbit1999/guilunkisss.gif

 

My internet hasn't been working as well as it used to be and I can't seem to add pictures in my chapters anymore

So I have to give you the link instead, sorry ;___;

 

It took me four turns and like 15 minutes to upload this chapter...

Please leave some comments and subscribe <3