Last Round pt 1

Just Because of A Facebook 'Like'

“Class, I forgot to tell you the other day,” Mrs Yu announced. “We’ll be having an end of year school festival coming up soon.”

“We know Miss!” The kids all chorused. Mrs Yu frowned.

“How?” She asked.

“The dancing teacher told us about the festival, miss,” Danson reported.

“Is that so?” Mrs Yu said. “Well, now at least you guys know about the dancing. For the upcoming end of the year festival, each class is going to hold some sort of booth. It can be any kind of booth. Any suggestions for our class?”

“Kiss booth!” A boy named Xiao Ma raised his hand, grinning. His friends around him laughed. Mrs Yu looked thoughtful.

“Sure, so when a customer brings in a chicken, you’ll kiss it?” She said and saw Xiao Ma’s grin drop. “Rejected.”

“Candy store?” Another classmate called Da Ya suggested. Mrs Yu tapped her chin.

“Hmm, we don’t want the children getting cavities,” She said. “Rejected.”

“What about a café?” Gui Gui said. Mrs Yu’s ears perked up and she turned her head to Gui Gui.

“What did you say?” She asked. Gui Gui shrugged.

“I don’t know...we could do a café of some sort?” She replied. “Some people could cook and some could serve customers I guess.”

“That’s a good idea,” Mrs Yu said, nodding her head. “This class will do a café booth!” Everyone cheered.

~~~

“Okay so starting from tomorrow we’ll start creating decorations since it starts next week,” Aaron said to the class. “Xiao Ma, Da Ya and George will provide decorated menus. Wang Zi, Ao Quan, Wei Lian, Chun, Danson and I will be cooking on the day.”

“The rest of us will serve customers or advertise,” Gui Gui continued, smiling. “How’s that for everyone?”

The class cheered in agreement.

When the class was dismissed after school, Aaron and Gui Gui stayed back to write down the scedules and plans for their upcoming café booth.

“I’m finished!” Gui Gui cheered, pushing the papers away and stretching.

“I am too,” Aaron smiled, taking Gui Gui’s papers and putting them together neatly.

They walked home together and as usual, Aaron dropped Gui Gui at her house. Gui Gui squinted into the windows of her house.

“That’s strange, where is everyone?” She said.

“What’s wrong?” Aaron called from her gate. Gui Gui turned around.

“I don’t think anyone is at home,” She replied.

“Ah, then-“ Aaron was interrupted in mid sentence when the house next door suddenly opened and Ah Wei’s head popped out.

“Gui, you’re back!” He said, smiling. “Your family is having dinner with mine tonight.”

“Oh I see,” Gui Gui said and headed over to Ah Wei’s gate. She turned to face Aaron. “Thanks for taking me home as usual.”

“N-No problem...” Aaron said. “Well I’ll just...” He turned to leave before Ah Wei’s voice calling his name stopped him.

“Would you like to come in and have dinner too?” Ah Wei asked. Aaron gripped his bag a bit tighter.

“No, its okay,” He replied. “I need to head home.”

“Oh okay see you Aaron!” Gui Gui waved and as Aaron started to walk back, he heard the door close behind him. He heaved a huge sigh and clenched his fist.

Aaron: 2

Ah Wei: 2

 

He had to do something soon.

~~~

After the next few days, everyone got busy with preparations and dancing practice.

When Gui Gui practised with Aaron, there were many times where she stepped on his foot by accident. She ducked her head and apologized. Aaron chuckled and patted her on the head, causing her to blush a little.

The preparations were going well too. Besides the fact that once Jiro ran around and accidentally tripped over one of the decorations and ruined it, everything else was fine.

For ruining one of the decorations, Jiro had to sit outside holding up a heavy bucket full of water. He sulked and it got worse when Selina walked past.

Soon, the end of the year festival came. Gui Gui rushed through the hallways of the classrooms, adjusting her bowtie and her waitress uniform. She slid opened the door of her classroom.

“Guys!” She announced. “The festival has started and the other classes have opened up their booths. Let’s get ready too!”

“Yes!” The class called enthusiastically. Everyone went to their respective jobs and Gui Gui stood nervously at the doorway.

Then, their first customers came.

“Welcome!” Gui Gui greeted. “Seat for three?” Business went quite well although there were times where Chun ate the food he made. Soon, he was kicked off from the chef position and went around the school telling everyone to come to their café booth.

Soon, Gui Gui announced that she was going to swap positions with Chun to advertise because they needed more people to serve since business was booming. She headed outside just as Ah Wei finished making the customer’s food and handed it to Aaron in a plate.

“This is for table 10, pass it to Calvin to serve to the customers,” Ah Wei said.

“Ah Wei,” Aaron said, taking the plate from him. Ah Wei looked up and Aaron gave him a serious expression.

“I’m planning to confess to Gui Gui before the last dance starts.”

 

~~

Author’s Note:

Short update! :D

I was going to make it longer but I wanted to add a cliff hanger keke xD

I’m so sorry for not updating a lot! Omg I seem to saw that a lot but so sorry again x<

Recently, I applied as staff for two poster shops and now I’m working for those two poster shops on my other AFF account! One is called Fantasy Graphics poster shop and one is called Coca-Cola~ Poster Shop, come order from us if you ever need a poster! :D

Thanks for reading as usual ^^ Enjoy a GuiLun poster I made :3