Competition

Just Because of A Facebook 'Like'

 

Soon the bell rang for lunchtime. Gui Gui quickly packed her lunch and stood up.
“Where are we going to go, Gui?” Ah Wei asked as he stood up with his lunch as well. 
“A place where I always eat,” Gui Gui smiled. “It’s quieter there.” Ah Wei followed Gui Gui to the school garden. As expected, Gui Gui saw Aaron and the others sitting there in a circle.
Mentally face palming, she saw Jiro spot her and wave to her enthusiastically. 
“Gui Gui!!” He greeted. “Hi!!”
“What...What are you guys doing.....” Gui Gui muttered.
“Well we said we’d start sitting here from now on, remember?” Calvin grinned. “And you’re Ah Wei, right?” Ah Wei nodded.
“Yep! Nice to meet you guys!” He bowed. One by one, they introduced each other and when it got to Aaron, Aaron just frowned.
“You’re Aaron, right?” Ah Wei said, stretching his hand out. “The guy from yesterday! Nice to meet you again!”
Aaron ignored his outstretched hand and bit into his sandwich. The guys all looked at Aaron, curious at his sudden cold demeanour. Ah Wei awkwardly stared at his rejected hand for a while and then shrugged with a smile, returning it by his side.
Soon they started digging into lunch and as they ate, Gui Gui talked to Ah Wei to catch up on recent things. The others just sat in an awkward silence while Gui Gui laughed a shoved rice into . 
“Gui Gui wait,” Ah Wei said. He moved his thumb to her face and brushed off a bit of rice off her cheek. “You should eat more slowly!”
“Oh,” Gui Gui said, mouth full. “Thank you.” She looked across at Aaron and he looked back at her with an expressionless face. 
Wondering why he’d suddenly turned all scary, Gui Gui frowned and went back to eating. Fahrenheit and Danson observed Aaron’s expression. Getting the message, Calvin nudged Danson who nudged Jiro who nudged Chun who dropped his chicken drumstick onto the ground.
“My drumstick....” Chun whispered.
 
~~~
 
The bell went for class and Gui Gui collected her books from her locker and was about to walk to class until a figure suddenly jumped in front of her.
“Boo!” 
“Aiya! Ah Wei!” She slapped him playfully on the shoulder. “You scared me!”
“I’ve already gotten my books,” Ah Wei grinned. “Want to walk to class together?” Gui Gui nodded and both of them walked together down the hall. Ah Wei looked around the classrooms and talked a lot and Gui Gui listened.
Suddenly, Gui Gui felt her arm be forcefully pulled to the right and she yelped.
“Wow, that light is half broken,” Ah Wei said, pointing up at the roof. “Don’t you think, Gui Gui?” He stopped when he realised she wasn’t there and looked around.
“Gui?”
 
~~~
 
“Asvoixnvofsuhgnosugodzngoinhgoszgnosirdnjgo!!” Gui Gui’s muffled voice shouted furiously. 
“Shush!!” Aaron hissed, keeping his hand on . Rolling her eyes, Gui Gui used her leg and kicked Aaron on the side. He yelped and let go of her and she took her chance to breathe properly. 
“What are you doing!?” She hissed. Despite wincing in pain from Gui Gui’s kick, Aaron remained silent.
“Well if you’ll excuse me, I need to go to class,” She was about to walk off until Aaron suddenly grabbed her by the arm and spun her around.
“Wh-What do you want?” Gui Gui said, bewildered and flustered. 
“Are you and Ah Wei dating?” Aaron asked all of a sudden. Gui Gui blinked twice and then stared at him weirdly.
“What?” She said. “No, why would you think that?”
“Well,” He replied. “If-If you guys weren’t a couple then don’t do things like that.”
“Things like what?”
“Like...” Aaron scratched the back of his head in frustration. “Like walking together to class or something and like just randomly touching each other or something.”
Gui Gui gave him another weird look and opened to say something but was interrupted by the second bell ringing. 
“Ack, now I’m really late!” Gui Gui said, panicking. “See you!” She spun around and left.
~~~
“Gui?” Ah Wei said, turning around to look for her. All of a sudden she disappeared from his sight like that. He frowned.
“Where could she be?” He mumbled, walking by himself in the hallways. Suddenly, he bumped into someone and books fell down.
Both of them quickly bent down and started picking the books up.
“Sorry!” Ah Wei apologized. The person looked at Ah Wei in surprise.
“A-Ah Wei?” 
Ah Wei stopped at the sound of the familiar voice and looked to see who it was.
“Ya Tou?” He said and then his face turned into a smile. “Wow! It’s been a while, hasn’t it?”
“What are you doing here?” Ya Tou said coldly.
“I moved in the other day,” Ah Wei ignored the coldness of her voice. “Next to Gui Gui!” 
“I see,” Ya Tou quickly picked up all her books and ran off to class. 
“I’ll see you around!” Ah Wei waved. He dropped his hand by his side and sudden memories of his childhood flooded back. Sighing, he continued walking by himself as the second bell rang for class. Suddenly, a figure went past him and he recognised it to be Aaron.
“Hey Aaron!” Ah Wei greeted, catching up. “I don’t know where our next classroom is, so can I follow you there?” Aaron rolled his eyes.
“Whatever.”
Ah Wei smiled and the two of them walked in silence.
“So,” Ah Wei suddenly asked. “What is Gui Gui to you?” Aaron froze and looked at him.
“What?” Ah Wei stopped and looked back at Aaron.
“She isn’t just a friend to you, is she?” He said. Aaron didn’t know what to say. Understanding, Ah Wei nodded and turned back.
“To tell the truth, I like Gui Gui,” He said. “And I want to be with her and protect her. Do you?” Aaron’s blood turned cold.
“W-What?”
“Let’s have a competition then,” Ah Wei smiled. “Whoever asks Gui Gui out first and does not get rejected wins.”
 
~~
Hello again! It’s been a while ><
I’ve had many random-ish things happen to me lately. No, it’s just my laziness.
Anyway, thank you all for the comments!! Really thank you!! ;____;
If you can, please comment again so I know what you think of this chapter!!
Love you guys! <3