Round OO1

Just Because of A Facebook 'Like'

“Good morning students,” Mrs Yu greeted as she walked into the classroom the next morning.

“Good morning Miss,” The students chorused.

“Now,” Mrs. Yu said, setting her books down onto her desk. “I believe we don’t have any class monitors yet.” The whole class groaned. Class monitor was one of the worst jobs ever. The class monitors would always have to arrive to school very early to clean up the classroom before the other students arrived. Most of the class was lazy enough to not want to be the class monitors.

“Quieten down,” Mrs. Yu said, knocking on her desk. “We’ll be deciding by the old name-out-of-the-hat trick. I’ll put numbers into the hat and whoever picks my favourite numbers will be the class monitors.”

“Quick,” Jiro hissed, turning towards Aaron. “What’s Mrs Yu’s favourite number!? I need to avoid taking it out of the hat.”

Mrs. Yu passed by each desk with a hat that had little pieces of paper inside it. One by one, students took a piece of folded paper out and opened it. Jiro took his paper out and hurriedly looked at it while Aaron silently unfolded his.

“Everyone has their papers?” Mrs. Yu asked, hitching her glasses further up the bridge of her nose.

“Yes....” The class answered dully.

“Alright then, my favourite numbers are,” She announced proudly. “The numbers 6 and 8.”

“GAAAAH!!” Jiro cried out shakily, staring at his paper in horror. “I g-got 6!!”

“Who got number 8?” Mrs. Yu asked. Slowly, Gui Gui raised her hand.

“Alright,” Mrs. Yu said, extending out her hands. “Give me your pieces of paper and I’ll tell you what you’re going to do tomorrow morning.”

Gui Gui passed Mrs Yu the slip of paper while Jiro sulkily handed his in. Mrs. Yu stared hard at Jiro’s paper and pushed her glasses further up the bridge of her nose.

She cleared .

“Mr. Wang?” She said. As Jiro turned around, he was greeted with his paper flicked onto his face.

“Learn to read the differences between the number 6 and the number 9 please,” Mrs Yu said. “Did you not see the line drawn underneath your number stating that it was the number 9?”

Jiro gaped in amazement and then stared at his paper.

“Th-Then...THEN I’M NOT CLASS MONITOR!! YESSSS!!” He cheered, bowing gratefully at the teacher then returning to his seat. He remained happy until he suddenly realised.

“Wait...if I’m not number 6, then who is?” Everyone looked around the classroom.

“Who’s number 6?” Mrs Yu asked. Slowly, Aaron put his hand up.

“I am.”

~~~

Truthfully, Aaron felt quite happy to be with Gui Gui as class monitor. After all, he could spend a but more time with her than Ah Wei could.

The next morning, he woke up earlier than usual and got ready for school. Aaron walked to school, anticipating for the morning with Gui Gui. That’s when he stopped in his tracks and thought for a while. Then he smiled to himself and turned to the direction of Gui Gui’s house.

As soon as he got to Gui Gui’s house, the door opened and Gui Gui walked out. Aaron smiled and cupped his hand around his mouth.

“Hey G-“

“Gui Gui!” Another voice interrupted him. Gui Gui didn’t seem to notice Aaron as she turned the other way and smiled.

“Ah Wei, you didn’t have to wake up so early to come walk with me today!” She said.

“No! I must walk you to school!” Ah Wei grinned. “I insist!” Gui Gui sighed but smiled.

“Let’s go!” Ah Wei said and as Gui Gui walked down from her house, she finally spotted Aaron standing a few meters away.

“Aaron?” She said. “You came.”

“U-Uh I was just passing by,” He stuttered. “Um, I guess I’ll see you later in the morning.’

Gui Gui’s face remained blank as Aaron quickly walked off. As Aaron walked, he clenched a fist.

Aaron: 0

Ah Wei: 1

~~~

Aaron walked into class and Mrs. Yu looked up from her papers.

“Mr Yan?” She said. “Where’s Miss Wu Ying Jie?”

“She should be coming soon,” He replied. Yeah, with Ah Wei.

Mrs. Yu pushed her glasses further up the bridge of her nose.

“Alright then, first just clean the blackboard and write today’s date,” She explained. “Then clean the classroom and fill in the class roll then arrange the flowers over there before the bell goes for the start of class.”

Aaron nodded, taking in how much he had to do.

“I’m going to the teacher’s office now,” Mrs. Yu said. “I want you to start now.” Aaron made a small face but nodded grimly as he went over to the board and started cleaning it.

Soon, Gui Gui came through the door.

“Sorry for coming late!” She panted.

“Where were you?” Aaron asked.

“Sorry, I was taking Ah Wei to his classroom and he kept nagging at me,” She chuckled and put down her bag.

“Here, let me help you,” Gui Gui offered, running over to Aaron who handed her the blackboard duster. Gui Gui cleaned the board and then jumped to clean the top of the board. Aaron watched her as she jumped and slowly a small smile formed his lips.

“You’re so short,” He chuckled and reached out to take the duster from her. As he took the duster, his fingers brushed against her hand and Gui Gui found herself blushing.

“Um, what’s the date today?” Aaron asked, turning around quickly so she couldn’t notice his burning face.

“Oh u-uh,” Gui Gui fumbled and took out her school diary. “It’s the 14th.”

She watched as Aaron nodded and shuffled over to the board, writing down the date. His handwriting looked really nice.

Aaron stopped writing and turned to look at her.

“Sorry?” He asked. Gui Gui gulped. She’d been thinking out loud again.

“Um, I-I said that your handwriting is really nice,” She replied. Aaron scratched the back of his neck.

“Thanks I guess,” He said. After that, both remained silent as they cleaned the classrooms.

Soon the bell went and Aaron and Gui Gui sat tiredly down at their desks. Aaron looked across at Gui Gui.

“I’m tired,” He said, getting up again. “I’ll go find Calvin and the others. See you later.” He turned around to head outside the classroom.

“U-Um!” Gui Gui said, making him stop in his tracks. Aaron turned around. Gui Gui seemed a bit embarrassed.

“You did a good job today as class monitor,” She complimented. Aaron smiled.

“Really?” He said. “You too.” He walked out of the classroom like that and felt ten times happier than before. Tomorrow was going to work.

~~~

As Aaron had hoped, the next morning came quickly. He left his house and rode his bicycle to the direction of Gui Gui’s house. He stopped as soon as he saw Ah Wei standing there again as Gui Gui stepped out of her house.

“Good morning again, Gui!” Ah Wei greeted.

“Morning!” Gui Gui replied. She opened her front gate and suddenly spotted Aaron.

“Oh, morning,” She said, bowing a little.

“I came to pick you up today,” Aaron said. Gui Gui stared at him and Aaron rolled his eyes.

“We’re going to be late again if you continue standing there, gawking,” He said and patted the small seat behind his bicycle. “Come on.”

“O-Oh,” Gui Gui went over to Aaron’s bicycle and sat behind him.

“Ah Wei,” Gui Gui said, turning around. “I’ll see you later at school then, okay?” Ah Wei smiled.

“Sure,” He said. “See you later.” Aaron rode away and Gui Gui quickly wrapped her arms around his waist in order not to fall. Aaron smiled.

Aaron: 1

Ah Wei: 1

Now they were equal.

 

~~

Asdfghjkl;

Why am I so bad at updating!? ;A;

Sorry for the long-ish wait again!!

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! ^^

I STAYED UP TIL 1:30AM TYPING THIS. GAAAAH. OAO

So sorry if the chapter /doesn’t make sense/has spelling mistakes >.<

Thank you for reading!!