Race To The Airport

Just Because of A Facebook 'Like'

 

The next day, Gui Gui sat down at her seat as the classroom bell went.

Soon, Aaron came in as well as a worried looking Calvin, Jiro, Danson and Chun. Aaron sat at his seat, unmoving and the others sat in their usual spots. The teacher came in and soon started class while Gui Gui continued to look at Aaron from where she was sitting. He was awfully quiet and gloomy looking.

It was probably Patty.

What should I do? She thought. He’s really gloomy but Patty doesn’t know....

Gui Gui looked down at her notebook and suddenly thought about her conversation with Patty on Sunday and what had happened after.

It’s not fair...

A flashback of Patty’s ticket suddenly came to mind.

Miss Patty Hou

Ticket to Boston, U.S.A

Departure: 11:00am

 

Gui Gui looked at the clock and suddenly stood up.

9:00am

The teacher stopped teaching and looked at Gui Gui.

“Is there something wrong, Wu Ying Jie tong xue?”

“Ah...I-I feel a bit sick,” She lied. “Can I please go to the sick bay with Aaron Yan?”

The whole class wolf whistled and the teacher raised a brow.

“Fine,” She said. “But I want Aaron back by ten minutes. I don’t want any funny business.”

“Yes!” Gui Gui nodded and quickly headed outside, dragging Aaron out with her.

Once they got out of the classroom and slid the door shut, Gui Gui began running, still dragging Aaron with him as she ran.

“H-Hey how can you even run if you’re sick!?” Aaron said, trying to keep up. “And you’re going the wrong way, the sick bay is the other way!”

“We’re going to the airport!” Gui Gui declared. Aaron was surprised.

“Th-The airport? Why are we going to the airport?” He asked in bewilderment. Gui Gui stopped running and turned around, looking at him desperately.

Sorry Patty.

“Patty....Patty is going overseas today at 11:00 forever!” Gui Gui shouted. “She actually didn’t want to break up with you but she had to since she’s leaving!” Aaron’s eyes widened a bit.

“S-So, I think it’s unfair for both of you,” She continued, tears forming in her eyes. Before she could wipe them away, Aaron held her hand tightly and continued running, pulling her along.

“She’s so stupid!” Aaron yelled. “She could’ve just told me!” Both of them ran out of the school and called a taxi.

“The airport, please!” Aaron said to the taxi driver. They both sat down and Gui Gui checked the time.

9:45am

For now, all they could do is sit and wait.

~~~

Patty looked outside the window of her car.

“America’s going to be a great experience,” Her driver said. “I’m sure you’ll enjoy it, Miss Patty.”

“I see,” Patty replied quietly.

Soon, the airport came to view.

~~~

As the taxi came to a stop at the airport, Gui Gui checked the time hurriedly.

10:25am

“Aaron, we don’t have much time!” She said. Aaron passed the taxi driver money and pulled Gui Gui out of the car.

“Let’s go,” He continued holding her hand as they ran into the airport. The airport was packed full of people. Both of them looked around.

“She’s heading to America,” Gui Gui said. “So she should be at the international check out place (I don’t really know my way around the airport, so I’m not sure if that even exists :S)”

Aaron nodded and both of them, hand in hand, searched around for Patty.

~~~

“We’ve finished checking in,” The driver said, handing Patty back her passport. “Now you’ve just got to wait around before they open the gates.” Patty nodded as she took her passport. 

She looked at the nearby clock.

10:35am

The gates would be opening soon.

~~~

Gui Gui bent down, puffing. She and Aaron had run around for a few minutes now but they couldn’t spot Patty anywhere.

“Wait...” Aaron puffed. “Maybe we should calm down and think first...”

Gui Gui nodded. Aaron was right.

There was no point running around blindly in an airport. It was like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Aaron looked around and spotted something. He quickly turned his head towards Gui Gui.

“Do you know where Patty is going?” He asked.

“Boston in America,” Gui Gui replied. “Why?”

“I’m going to try asking those service people where her gate is,” Aaron said. “You stay here and I’ll be back.” Gui Gui watched his back as he left. Then, she slowly clasped the hand Aaron had been holding.

Realising what she was doing, she quickly let go and shook her head.

Nonononononono I can’t fall for him again.

Her heart was thumping and she tried to focus on something else.

Soon, Aaron came running back.

“Gate 8!” He yelled. Gui Gui stood up quickly. Aaron held out his hand.

“Quick,” He said. “They’ll be leaving soon!” Gui Gui hesitated for a split second and then took his outstretched hand.

Once again, they ran.

~~~

“Gate number 8 for Boston, America, has now opened. Passengers may now proceed onto the plane.”

Patty picked up her luggage and took a look at the clock.

10:50am

It was time for her to board the plane.

She looked around one last time and smiled sadly.

“Goodbye.”

~~

Thanks for reading C: