Awkward Conversations

Just Because of A Facebook 'Like'

 

Aaron stared at the figure for a long time until breaking into a smile.

“Patty! You’re back!” He said, going over to her. Gui Gui stared at the figure as well.

Patty? She thought. Who’s she? Aaron seems really close to her....

The girl named Patty looked over at Gui Gui in surprise.

“Oh?” She said. “Who’s this?”

“Oh um,” He said. “My friend.”

Gui Gui gulped at the word friend. Oh well, at least he didn’t say acquaintances or anything. She hurriedly bowed a little bit.

“N-Nice to meet you! I’m Wu Ying Jie but you can call me Gui Gui!” She stuttered. Patty chuckled.

“She’s so cute, Ya Lun!” She remarked. “You’d better treasure friends like these.” Suddenly, Calvin burst through the room from the back door.

“AAAAAAAARRROOOONNN!!” He yelled. “I FORGOT TO TELL YOU THAT-“

Seeing Patty, he stopped mid-sentence and plastered a smile.

“Good evening, Patty,” He said. “Welcome back.”

“Long time no see, Calvin,” Patty smiled. “Still hooking up with different kinds of girls?”

“PPFFFFFTTTT. No, what are you talking about?” Calvin said. “What? Me? Hooking up with different girls? HAH. Stop joking around already, Patty.”

Soon, Chun and Danson came as well and greeted Patty, looking surprised. In the end, she turned back to Aaron again.

“So what are you guys all doing at Calvin’s house?” She asked him. “What was that party for? Don’t tell me it was a welcome back party for me.”

“U-Um....” Aaron stuttered. Gui Gui stared. Why did he look so flustered? And who exactly was Patty?

“Um...by any chance...” Gui Gui said to Patty. “Is Aaron your brother?”

There was a short silence and suddenly Patty started laughing. Gui Gui jumped, a bit taken aback.

“Aaron, you haven’t told her yet?” She asked him.

“No,” He said. “But I’ll tell her. Gui Gui, Patty is....my girlfriend.”

Gui Gui stared.

Aaron...had a girlfriend?

Yet he still did that stupid dare?

“Oh....” She said. “I didn’t know that...”

“Yeah, we’ve been dating for about 7 months already but I had to go overseas for a short while,” Patty explained.

Gui Gui didn’t say anything. Calvin, feeling terribly awkward, cleared his throat.

“Weeeellll, I guess the party is over now. I’d better drive Gui Gui home while Patty can just catch up to what we’ve been doing, eh?” He said, pushing Gui Gui to the front door and following her out.

“Alright then,” Patty said. “See you Gui Gui! It was nice meeting you.” Gui Gui gave her a small smile.

“It was nice meeting you, too,” She said and turned away.

~~~

The ride back home in Calvin’s car was very, very silent. In order to break the silence, Calvin cleared his throat and tried to start the conversation.

“Ah....so how was the party?” He asked.

“Good.” Gui Gui replied simply.

“Oh....okay....that’s good....” Calvin said, brain ticking as he tried to think of something to say. “Um....so how’s life?”

“Good.” Gui Gui replied, still looking out the window of his car.

“Oh....okay....”

Aiya....He thought. Why is this girl so hard to talk to? T.T Calvin kept looking around, trying to find a topic.

“So.......................................do you like puppies?”

“They’re alright.”

“...............How are you finding school?”

“Alright.”

“.............................................Do you like Domo-kun?”

“Yeah.”

This is no use...Calvin thought. Maybe I should just straight out ask if she likes Aaron.

“Um....Gui...do you like-“

“Ah, we’re there.” Gui Gui replied, taking off her seatbelt and getting out of the car. “Thank you, Calvin. Good night.” She headed back to her house, leaving Calvin feeling stumped.

“Now why the heck did I waste time asking her useless questions?” He muttered.

~~~

Gui Gui headed back into her room silently and sat on the bed. She stared at her pillow for a long time before suddenly grabbing it and slamming it onto the bed.

“GRRRAAAHH THAT IDIOT!!” She yelled. “WHY DIDN’T HE TELL ME HE HAD A GIRLFRIEND?” Gui Gui grabbed her pillow once again but this time, she hugged it and started rolling around her bed.

“And I was going to confess to him too...” She muttered. “I really must be crazy. There’s no way I could fall for some jerk with a girlfriend.” She turned over and stared at a little clown fish figurine that they had gotten from their “date” at the aquarium.

“Stupid...” She muttered and a small tear fell out of her eye.

~~

Author’s Note:

And now we come back to the depressing chapters again....=W=

I re-updated this chapter since it got wiped out because of that AFF blackout T.T

Thanks for reading!