Stranger!?

Just Because of A Facebook 'Like'

 

The first place Aaron ran to was their classroom.

“Gui!! Are you here?” He yelled as he slid open the door. Seeing that there was no one inside the classroom, he frowned in frustration and shut the door again.

“Gui Gui!!” Aaron called as he checked classroom after classroom but she wasn’t in any of them. “Aarrgghhh where did she go!?”

Meanwhile Gui Gui sat crouched down in the science room underneath a table, hopelessly trying to look for the clownfish keychain in the dark.

“Where is it, where is it??” She whispered to herself.

Suddenly the door slammed open and Gui Gui froze up. She didn’t dare turn around and come out of the table. Her shoulders rose up more and more to her ears as she heard the footsteps of the person screech as they walked around.

Oh no...who...who would it be? She thought, scared. O.O Wh...What if it was a pedo?? Please don’t find me down here, please don’t find me down here.....

Suddenly, the footsteps stopped at the table she was hiding under. Gui Gui froze up instantly. She heard the sound of legs bending as the person squatted down to look at her.

“N...No!!” Gui Gui yelled as she swung her bag around, closing her eyes.

Thwack.

Slowly, she opened her eyes and saw Aaron staring at her while her bag had landed on the side of his face.

She stared back at him, shocked.

“U-U-U-Uh....” She stuttered. “S-S-Sorry, I thought you w-were...”

No wait, isn’t it rude if I tell him I thought he was a pedo?

Aaron rubbed the side of his cheek.

“Owww,” He complained. “What did you do that for?”

“S-Sorry,” Gui Gui apologized again. “I-I’ll go to the nurse office and find an ice pack or something...”

Aaron frowned and looked closely at Gui Gui.

“Are you crying?”

Quickly, Gui Gui hit her head on the table.

“O-Owww!!” She yelped. “A-Ah, I just hit my head on the table and-and it hurts so much so I just can’t help and cry. Ow...”

“What are you doing?”

“N-No really, I hit it j-just here,” Gui Gui continued. “Oww...”

Aaron sighed and rolled his eyes.

“You kept me waiting at the school gates for 30 minutes you know,” He said. “What were you doing?”

“Th-The clownfish keychain....” Gui Gui whispered as she looked down at the ground. “I lost it....”

For a moment, Aaron was confused.

“What clownfish key-“ And then he suddenly remembered the keychain he had reluctantly bought for Gui Gui while she continued nagging him back at the “date” at the aquarium. (A/N: Okay, I didn’t really write about that back in chapter 3-4 but let’s pretend that happened OuO)

“Why would you waste time trying to find that?” Aaron scoffed. “That’s just garbage.”

“B-But that was really...!!”

Important!

Gui Gui finished off her sentence silently in her head. Aaron looked at her for a while and then sighed.

“Hao ba, hao ba,” He said. “I’ll help you look for it then.” Gui Gui didn’t say anything but inside, she felt really happy.

After a few hours of searching, Aaron finally found it caught onto their classroom window.

“We found it!!” Gui Gui cheered. Aaron pulled onto her cheeks.

“It would’ve been a good idea....” He said, frustrated. “If you’d checked around our classroom first!!”

“Waaahh,” Gui Gui cried, holding onto her red cheeks. “Sorry....”

Aaron sighed.

“Well, at least you’re okay,” He said. “Come on, let’s go now.” Gui Gui smiled and nodded.

While they walked home, Gui Gui made herself walk one metre away beside Aaron since she felt uncomfortable.

Aaron looked at her, annoyed.

“Why are you distancing yourself from me?” He asked.

“I-I’m not....” She said.

“Then come closer, sheesh,” Aaron said. Gui Gui nodded and walked a tiny bit closer.

Aaron rolled his eyes and took Gui Gui by the hand, pulling her so that she was now standing together with him. Gui Gui smiled a bit and didn’t notice Aaron had a small smile too.

As Gui Gui’s house came to view, both of them noticed a silhouette waiting in front of her house.

“Who’s that?” Aaron asked. Gui Gui squinted.

“I don’t know,” She replied. Hearing their voices, the silhouette turned around and beamed.

It was a boy around their age with black, spiky-ish hair.

“Gui Gui!!” He said, waving. Gui Gui stared at him. He looked really familiar.

“...do I know you?” She asked. The boy pouted at her answer.

“Don’t you remember me??” He said. “It’s me!! Me!!”

“Ah!” Gui Gui said, a huge smile forming. “Ah Wei!! Long time no see! What are you doing here??”

“We’ve just moved in next door to your house,” Ah Wei replied. “You should’ve seen how excited I was when I found out you were next door!”

“Haha, I feel excited too!” Gui Gui smiled.

“Gui?” Aaron asked. “Who’s this?”

“This is my childhood friend, Ah Wei,” Gui Gui said. “And Ah Wei, this is my friend from school, Aaron!”

“Nice to meet you Aaron!” Ah Wei said, bowing. “I’ll be going to your school starting from tomorrow so please take care of me!”

“Ehh??” Gui Gui said, shocked. “You’ll be going to my school??”

“Yes, yes!” Ah Wei replied happily. “Then we can hang out again!!”

“Haha yes, we can!” Gui Gui laughed.
Aaron watched both of them as they talked. For some reason, he didn’t like the way how they seemed so close.

~~

 

Author’s Note:

I’m back again! \OAO/

I was really happy when I saw all my comments, thank you so much!! ^^

*does a 90 degree bow*

Please continue leaving me comments to read!!

And someone tell me please if they’re reading my chapters from an iPad, iPod, iPhone, etc. because usually when I re-read my own chapters for this story on my iPad, it always comes out really curly so I can’t read anything I’ve written O_______O

I’ll change the font if you’re having difficulties trying to read!! ^^