Confused

Just Because of A Facebook 'Like'

 

Gui Gui’s eyes immediately cast to the ground. He’d said it. He’d confessed.
She had known Aaron and Ah Wei both seemed to care for her a lot and they seemed to be very competitive around her, she wasn’t stupid. But Aaron had finally confessed to her. And she didn’t know what to do. She wasn’t even sure if she liked him that way or not.
“Um....” Gui Gui stuttered as she looked back up at him. “I-“
“Can all students please gather at the front courtyard for the end of year dance?” The announcement suddenly interrupted what Gui Gui was about to say. “All students gather at the front courtyard for the end of year dance, please.”
Aaron gave a light smile.
“We’ll worry about it later then,” He said. “Let’s go to the dance now or the teachers will rage at us.” Gui Gui nodded timidly and followed him out.
The courtyard was filled with lots of people. Miss Tan quickly scurried everywhere, helping the students who didn’t know where to stand. The audience was loud and murmuring too.
Soon, everyone got into position and Gui Gui had to hold onto Aaron’s hand for the start of the dance. The crowd soon got silent when the principal went up on the stage and tapped the microphone. The microphone squeaked uncomfortably and everyone cringed. The principal quickly fixed it before any complaints rose. He cleared his throat.
“Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to our school today and welcome to the last part of this festival,” He started off. “I’ve hope you’d had fun today looking through all the amazing booths made by the classes. And now you’re going to watch the students dance, choreographed by Miss Tan Wei Qi. Please look forward to them!”
Everyone applauded as the music started. The students started to do the dance they’d learnt and practised for the past week. Some people in the crowd giggled, seeing a person dressed as a ghost dance with a person dressed in a waiter’s uniform or a clown dancing with a person dressed as a monster. 
Gui Gui focused on her feet during the dance. She didn’t want to look at Aaron right now and give him his answer. 
“It’s okay,” Aaron suddenly said that made Gui Gui jump a little. She looked up.
“E-Eh?” She asked. Aaron looked down at her. Both his eyes and smile seemed so gentle.
“It’s okay if you don’t want to give me your answer now,” Aaron said. “I’ll let you think over it. Take your time though, I’ll wait forever.” Gui Gui looked down and blushed.
She was too confused to answer him.
 
~~~
 
The festival soon ended and after cleaning up their classroom, Gui Gui made sure to leave quickly so she could avoid walking home with either Aaron or Ah Wei.
Ah Wei walked home by himself, thinking about what Ya Tou had said. He sighed as he stopped at Gui Gui’s gate and looked up at one of the windows that had the light switched on. 
“Gui Gui,” He called. The window slowly opened and Gui Gui’s head poked out hesitantly. Ah Wei smiled a little.
“Can we talk?” 
Gui Gui stood outside her gate with Ah Wei, looking down at the ground. It was silent, just like before Aaron confessed to her.
“Ah Wei...” She began to say but was cut off.
“Gui Gui,” Ah Wei interrupted. “I just wanted to tell you, that I’m giving up on you. You already know that I like you, right?” Gui Gui looked down. 
“Sorry,” She whispered. 
“No it’s okay,” Ah Wei said softly. “But I just wanted to tell you that I’m going to give up. I know Ya Tou will probably be disappointed in me but I know that you’ll probably always like me as a brother.” Gui Gui bit her lip.
“I really, really am sorry Ah Wei,” She said. Ah Wei smiled and shook his head. 
“That’s all I wanted to say,” He said. “Sorry for calling you out. See you later.” He turned away and opened his gate. 
“Ah Wei!” Gui Gui called before he went inside his house. Ah Wei turned to look at her and Gui Gui did a 90 degree bow.
“I am really sorry again but thank you for liking me!” She said. Ah Wei cocked his head back a little and smiled.
“You don’t have to apologize so much,” He said. “Don’t worry about it!” Giving one last eye smile, he headed inside and closed the door.
 
~~~
 
The next day, Gui Gui woke up late. 
She quickly scurried downstairs with messy hair and took a piece of toast that her mother had prepared for her in the toaster and flew out the door with the toast in .
She panted as she ran to school. Last night, she couldn’t sleep a wink since she was too busy thinking about what had happened with her, Ah Wei and Aaron. 
As Gui Gui approached her classroom, she quickly slid the door open. Ms. Yu cleared and hitched her glasses further up the bridge of her nose. 
“Miss Wu Ying Jie,” She snapped. “You’re late!”
You don’t say...Gui Gui thought and mentally rolled her eyes.
“Sorry,” She mumbled. “I woke up late today.” Ms. Yu sniffed.
“Poor excuse,” She said. “Detention after school. I’m going to make you clean every window of this classroom.” 
“Yes...” Gui Gui said. She dropped her head down and went to her seat next to Ah Wei. 
“Ms. Yu seems to be in a bad mood today,” Ah Wei whispered. “You’d better be careful.” Gui Gui was a bit surprised that Ah Wei acted totally normal despite what had happened yesterday. But then again, Ah Wei was always good at that. 
She sighed and zipped open her bag.
 
~~~
 
The day seemed to go okay. Gui Gui felt her awkwardness with Ah Wei slowly melt away as he spoke to her and soon she could find herself genuinely smiling in front of him.
The only thing that didn’t seem to go okay was that Gui Gui had tried to avoid Aaron for the whole day. Whenever she saw him coming towards her in the corner of her eye, she panicked and quickly walked somewhere else. 
She had to even ditch her usual eating spot in the school gardens to avoid Fahrenheit and Danson. She sighed as she squeezed water out of a cloth given to her by the teacher and cleaned the window.
“I really shouldn’t do this...” Gui Gui whispered to herself.
“And you shouldn’t,” A very familiar voice said that made Gui Gui flinch. Reluctantly, she turned and saw Aaron standing at the doorway of their classroom. He chuckled.
“You look like a house wife,” He joked. Gui Gui quickly looked away and blushed. She felt Aaron stepping behind her so she quickly faced her eyes down at her feet and continued to scrub the windows. Aaron placed a hand on the cloth to stop her from scrubbing, touching her hand in the process. 
Gui Gui’s shoulders slowly hunched to her ears as she turned red. 
“Say, why don’t we go have some fun instead of scrubbing windows here?” Aaron suggested.
“E-Eh?” She stuttered. Aaron turned her around so she was looking at him.
“Let’s go to the arcade again,” He grinned.
“B-But my detention...” Gui Gui started to say but Aaron grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the classroom. 
Soon, they both somehow got to the arcade they had been to last time after Patty left. Gui Gui didn’t know what to do. She had been suddenly pulled out of the classroom by someone she wanted to avoid and taken to an arcade. Aaron looked at her and smiled.
“Let’s go in,” He said. “Come on!” Pulling her by the hand again, both of them went inside the arcade. They went around playing lots of different games such as whack-a-mole and the dancing machines.
At first, Gui Gui was a little uncomfortable. Then, she found herself slowly having fun. 
“Gui, let’s play this one now!” Aaron called her over. Gui Gui went over to him and he gave her a giant plastic jackhammer. 
“All you have to do is just hit this huge button thing and see how high the meter goes,” He explained. “You can get a prize depending on how high the meter thing went.” 
“Mine isn’t probably going to get far,” Gui Gui chuckled.
“Here, let’s do it together,” Aaron suggested, holding the jackhammer while standing behind her so they were touching. Gui Gui’s eyes widened and she focused on the button on the machine. 
“Ready?” Aaron asked. Gui Gui gave one nod and they brought the jackhammer down together and hit the big button. The meter flew up and hit the top of the bar.
“Congratulations!” The owner smiled. “You’ve won the top prize. Choose any huge soft toy over there.” He gestured to a huge stack of toys and both of them nodded and headed over, smiling.
Suddenly one toy caught Gui Gui’s eye and she continued staring at it. Aaron smiled and picked the toy up.
“I thought you only liked Stitch,” He chuckled. “I never knew you liked huge strawberry toys too.” Gui Gui blushed.
“Okay,” Aaron announced. “We’re going to get this toy. Let’s go have lunch now.” 
“Okay!” Gui Gui beamed. 
They went to a nice looking café and Gui Gui quickly feasted on some strawberry cake while holding onto her newly won plushie.
“Aaah, that was yummy!” Gui Gui grinned after she’d finished. Aaron smiled.
“Did you have fun today?” He asked. Gui Gui nodded.
“Yes I did!” She beamed. “Thank you for taking me here again today!” 
“Then,” Aaron continued. “Do you have my answer yet?
 
~~
 
Since it’s my first year anniversary for AFF, I’ve decided to make a double update! ^^ 
Hooray! Hope you’ve liked it!
And also I’ve finally opened a poster shop with Han_AeChan called Rozen Rabbit Graphic Shop on my other account, come and visit us there! 
And also um, I might, might, MIGHT do this but...I MIGHT deactivate this account after I finished my stories and continue using my TheBlackRabbit account because I’m starting to neglect this account >< /shot
I’m not sure yet though! D: 
Thanks for reading as usual