Misunderstood

Just Because of A Facebook 'Like'

 

The next day at school, Gui Gui dragged her feet along as she came to school with black rings around her eyes, exactly how she walked when the whole dare had first happened. It almost seemed like deja vu because the next thing she knew, people around her were whispering and pointing again. Gui Gui continued to look down as she walked until she suddenly bumped into someone.

Her eyes widened and she quickly jumped back. It was Aaron and Patty. He looked at Gui Gui in surprise.

“Gui Gui, what’s wrong?” He asked. “You have dark circles around your eyes. Did you not get enough sleep last night?”

“Ah, y-yeah,” Gui Gui stuttered. “I think it was because of that unexpected party last night. I’ll be fine so you don’t have to worry! Er, I-I’ll go to class now! Welcome back, Patty! See you!” She rushed off quickly to her classroom.

Aaron and Patty stared after her.

“What’s with her?” Aaron muttered. “She’s acting all weird.” Patty silently watched Aaron as he had looked at the direction Gui Gui ran off to.

~~~

“GUH!” When the recess bell went, Gui Gui ran straight up to the school roof where no one was and took a huge breath out. “What should I do?? I can’t keep avoiding them...”

Suddenly, she heard voices talking and she quickly went off to hide. Two girls went onto the school roof. One of them, sighed deeply.

“Ahhh, what should I do, Selina?” She cried. “I never knew Aaron had a girlfriend!”

“Eh??” The other girl called Selina cried out. “Hebe, you didn’t know that Aaron had a girlfriend?”

“Well I didn’t go to Aaron’s junior high unlike you did,” Hebe pouted. “When exactly did he get a girlfriend anyway?” Selina thought for a moment.

“Well, I remember at junior high, Patty was everyone’s idol since she was really smart and pretty,” She explained. “And then in our third year, I heard that Aaron confessed to her and asked her out and she accepted!”

“Huh? Aaron?” Hebe sounded surprised. “Are you sure it was Aaron? He doesn’t seem like that type...”

“Yeah, but apparently when he was confessing, he seemed nervous,” Selina replied. “It seemed like he really did like her....” Hebe was silent for a while.

Then, she sighed once again.

“Oh maaaan, I have to give up now,” She complained. “I probably can’t win against Patty...”

“Well, it’s not good to give up so easily,” Selina replied. “But if you really are, I know this guy called Calvin who’s in the other class. He’s a bit of a player but....I think someone like you can change his ways.” She winked and Hebe blushed.

“N-No! I don’t like those guys who are players,” Hebe said. She walked back down from the school roof leaving Selina following after her going “Now, now....”

Gui Gui slowly came out of her hiding place, knowing it was safe again. Selina’s words kept replaying in her head millions of times.

It seemed like he really did like her. It seemed like he really did like her. It seemed like he really did like her.

Gui Gui sighed.

“Maybe I should give up as well....” She mumbled.

“Give up what?” Aaron’s voice startled her, making her jump. She turned around quickly to see Aaron walking towards her.

“N-Nothing!” She stammered. “Er...what are you doing here? Why aren’t you with Patty?”

“You seemed to be acting really strange today,” Aaron frowned at her. “What happened?”

“Nothing at all!” Gui Gui lied. “I’m just too tired I guess....I-Is Patty waiting for you somewhere? You should go back to her-“ She stopped as she noticed Aaron staring at her with wide eyes.

“Wh-What?”

“Gui...are you by any chance...jealous?” He suddenly asked. She froze.

“H-Huh!? Wh-Wh-Wh-“ Gui Gui blushed, waving her hands about.

“It’s alright, you don’t have to lie!” Aaron said, smiling. “If you’re just jealous about how I’m always with Patty and not really hanging out with you guys anymore, don’t worry! You’re still my friend.”

She was silent for a while and then she turned away quickly, so he couldn’t see her turning red.

Ack....we misunderstood each other.... Gui Gui thought with embarrassment.

“Ah! Aaron there you are!” Patty’s voice rang out and Gui Gui froze. “You didn’t tell me where you were going to go!”

“Sorry,” Aaron apologized. “I’ll remember to tell you next time!”

“Ah! Gui Gui! Hello again!” Patty greeted. Gui Gui gave a tiny smile.

It seemed like he really did like her.

“I just remembered I left something back at the classroom,” She said. “I need to go now.” She hurriedly left.

“A-Ah but we didn’t get to properly talk yet!” Patty called but she was already gone.

Aaron frowned and watched her leave. Patty looked up at him.

“Aaron?”

~~~

As soon as Gui Gui knew she was out of their sight, she stopped running and puffed.

No good....She thought. I might really have to give up on him now.

 

~~

Author’s Note:

Hi! Hello! It’s been a long time =W=

Some of you might know this already, but I have school holidays right now!! XD

And since I have no life at all, I can just stay home and continue typing up chapters which means I might update a bit more...if I can feel bothered......

I’m advertising this everywhere but I really need some supporters!

I have a friend on AFF called Kuroineko89 who has written a Gakuen Alice (anime) fan fiction called Gakuen Yuki. If you’re interested, please check it out and support her by subscribing and commenting! IT’S GREAT. ^^

Thanks for reading!