No. 30

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His free hand pulled her closer so that there was no longer a centimeter between them. If it hadn't been for that woman interrupting, Seohyun knew that she wouldn't have done a damn thing to stop him. The single drink she had had wasn't even enough to use it as an excuse. His thumb lightly her cheek and her breath caught. He leaned down and her eyelids fluttered close, a silent acceptance of what almost happened.

"Are you kidding me Jongin? I came back for my bag only to see your car still here and this? Is this her? This is the you keep brushing me off for?" Jin Hee snapped as she gripped Seohyun's arm firmly and pulled her out of Jongin's reach.

"Let her go. She has nothing to do with anything" Jongin snapped, trying to pull her off.

"I'm not letting her go! Did you know she has a boyfriend?! I've seen her. I bumped into them on my way out" She hissed and Seohyun felt her stomach sink.

She stared at Jin Hee with wide eyes knowing that in this situation it was she who was in the wrong. She was the one with a boyfriend and she was the one who had almost allowed a big mistake to happen. Her eyes trailed down to the bright red fingernails digging into her skin and she tried to pull away.

"I don't know what you're imagining, but Jongin and I are nothing to each other" Seohyun insisted, fighting to free her arm. She needed to get herself and Sehun out of here. Somewhere in the back of her mind the thought that she should apologize came up, but her pride would not let the words come out. She wanted this girl to just get her hands off of her.

"You're nothing to him?!" She hissed, her eyes narrowing with something Seohyun could only describe as pure hatred.

"Jin Hee shut up" Jongin growled angrily.

"If you're nothing then why was he staring at you the whole damn night?!" She said, her tone only growing colder and angrier. She turned to Jongin, "Did you think I was an idiot? Did you think I couldn't see you?"

Seohyun felt dry up as she glanced nervously at Jongin who did everything but meet her gaze. Jin Hee hands slid down to grasp her wrist and Seohyun's eyes widened as she hooked her finger on her bracelet.

"Be careful!" She exclaimed, this time grabbing her hand and trying to pry her fingers off.

"Did he buy this for you? Is that why it's so important?!" She snapped.

"No, this has nothing to do with him!" Seohyun yelled as she pushed her back.

Jin Hee ripped the bracelet off her wrist and gripped it in her hand tightly as Seohyun stared in horror.

"Give that back!" Seohyun snapped.

She sneered and with one swift movement she threw the bracelet off to the side into the bushes. Seohyun staggered back as Jin Hee lunged forward again and this time Jongin was fast enough to hold her back.

"Get out" He warned maliciously.

"Why? Afraid that I'll hurt your little princess?" She snapped and Jongin's eyes went dark, as he gripped her arms tightly and shoved her aside.

"From this moment on if you so even look at her the wrong way or cross my path I'll have you arrested for assault or harassment or whatever else I can come up with" Jongin hissed.

"You can't —" She began anxiously.

"I can. Can't you tell when someone is serious or are you still playing dumb to the fact that you and I have never been anything serious to begin with?"

"Jongin..."

"Get out of my sight. I'm serious." He warned and Seohyun glanced up, unaware that Jongin was able to sound so angry.

Jin Hee stood looking absolutely furious for a moment as she seemed to consider her options and grudgingly took a step back. As she turned to leave she sent a hateful look towards Seohyun that chilled her to the bone.

"If you think you can get away with taking him from me, you're wrong" She warned, "I'll make sure you regret this" She whispered and Seohyun blinked at the underlying hurt mixed in with her angry words.

When she was finally gone there was nothing left but an awkward silence that Seohyun was only glad to have. She felt rotten, like she had been the one trespassing onto someone else's life when really it was supposed to be the other way around. Jin Hee.... she was the external factor right? She placed her hand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter