No. 19

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jongin wake up!” An older woman yelled as she dried her hands on a washcloth and shook her head. She made her way up a set of stairs and knocked on her son’s door, “You’re going to be late!” She nearly yelled.

She opened the door to find her son sleeping comfortably. His right leg sticking off the edge of the bed. He groaned as she shook his shoulder.

“Wake up!” She snapped, her face still smiling.

“Mom… please I can’t. I’m tired” Jongin whined softly, pulling the covers over his head only to have to have them pulled away.

“Haven’t you been sleeping enough?” She asked as she slapped his back gently.

“Ha ha” He said as he sat up with a slight pout on his lips and rubbing his eyes gently. His brown hair rested messily on his head as he stretched.

“I love you sweetie” She said as she gave him a long hug, “I’m going to finish breakfast” She said, with a sniffle as she let him go, closed the door, and headed back downstairs.

Jongin smiled as he stretched his arms upwards and laid back onto his bed. He stared up at the ceiling and pat his face, arms, and bed.

He closed his eyes.

“Thank you for giving me another day of life” He prayed quietly.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Seohyun woke up with a gasp. She frowned, for a moment her room seeming unfamiliar. She felt hot tears and realized she had cried.

She lied still in bed and replayed what she could remember, but the dream was already fading from her mind. As if it would help her remember more, she pat her face, arms, and the bed. She tilted her head and tried to piece the newest dream with the ones she had before. It had already been 8 months and this one had been the most realistic of them all. When she first started dreaming of him, she had begun to think that their connection was coming back, but as the dreams progressed she realized they weren’t making any sense. Soon she had come to the conclusion that they must be her mind trying to cope with everything. She sat up, it was the only thing that made any sense.

She got dressed and grabbed some breakfast, reading the note her parents had left her telling her they had gone out but would be back soon and waited for Sehun to come. She finished off her breakfast as the doorbell rang and she went to open it.

“We’ve got two days including today before our test Monday. Let’s go” He said, skipping the jokes he usually began with and Seohyun sighed quietly as she followed him up to her room.

She watched him quietly as he took out his notebooks and practice books and adjusted the glasses he wore. In the whole time he had bene tutoring her, she had only recently found out he even wore glasses. The fact that he was so embarrassed about them made him little more likable in her book. She had told him so and since then he had worn them comfortably whenever he came over to help her study.

“Sit!” He ordered and Seohyun hid her smile as she listened and sat, “Ok we’re going to start with 20 problems and see where we are then” He said.

“No problem teacher” She said jokingly and laughed as he pointed at the practice book and hurried her to get started.

After about 20 minutes, Sehun groaned and pushed his chair back from her desk.

“You… do you some sort of grudge against math where you swore you’d never learn again? Honestly, you can tell me. At this point, I’d be relieved”

Her face burned red as she threw her pencil down on her notebook.

“What kind of tutor says something like that?!”

“I’m a smart guy Seohyun. I have been a tutor before and I never had problems teaching anyone! I just… I don’t get it!”

“Well excuse me if I can’t be a super math sensation!” She yelled angrily as she pushed her chair back.

Sehun stared at her in disbelief, “Super math sensation? You don’t even come close!” He said as he grabbed her notebook and waved it in her face, “This is just… you don’t focus and you’re barely listening this is why it’s so hard”

“Oh great so because my parents aren’t home this morning you decide to let out your anger?”

“YES!” He snapped standing up and slamming the notebook down on the ground. He turned to her and opened his mouth to say something else be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter