No. 20

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun chewed on a piece of toasted bread quietly as dread filled him from head to toe. If there was one day out of the whole year that Sehun couldn’t stand it was his birthday. He hated everything about it. He hated how his classmates overreacted, he hated the obligatory phone call his dad shot his way a couple of days after, and most of all he hated the memories that it brought along with it. So with that in mind, Sehun had run through nearly every possible scenario in order to avoid his birthday. As much as he wanted to, of course it had landed on a freaking Friday this year so not only did he have to face his classmates at school, but he also had to make up an excuse for the entire weekend.

His phone buzzed with his alarm and he stood up and grabbed his things before heading out. His phone could conveniently die, but it would be a little suspicious if he couldn’t get to a charger for the whole weekend. Sehun sighed as he slowed his walk, if he skipped class today all that would do would be to raise questions then if he turned off his phone on top of that he would probably get visitors to his house too. Sehun paused and let the shudder of dread run through him with that thought.

Ok, so shutting everyone out and going loner for a weekend might put a cramp on his social status, but it can’t possibly be that bad.

“You’re going to be late!” He heard her yell out at him as Seohyun ran past him, only looking back to give him a grin as she continued to run.

Sehun shook his head as he picked up the pace and barely managed to catch up with her. He watched her as they both raced inside and she ran straight into her classroom. He was about to rush to his own class when his body simply stopped and he watched her a second too long as she ran in and managed to get to her seat on time. The bell rang loudly, snapping him out of it as he ran to his own classroom and was marked late.

As the hours ticked by Sehun’s face was sore. He had never faked a smile as often as he had today. All morning he had been drowned in stupid happy birthdays, stupid gifts, and stupid reminders that this indeed was his least favorite day of the year. There was the occasional birthday love confession too which was even more annoying to turn down because he just wasn’t interested. So when the afternoon finally came Sehun decided that enough was enough, people were already starting to make plans and as lame as his excuse was going to sound, he had nothing else to depend on.

“What are we actually doing for your birthday?” Baekhyun asked as he leaned over and whispered quietly, careful so that the teacher wouldn’t notice.

Sehun forced a smile on his face and shrugged, “My dad said he might be coming to celebrate”

“Your dad? Seriously?” Baekhyun asked, his face showing the disbelief he felt. He was never one for subtlety Sehun thought with a small smile.

“… Yeah if he does come … I probably won’t have time to do anything else you know? Since he’s always gone and all that” He explained, feeling only slightly guilty for lying to a clearly disappointed Baekhyun.

“Damn that ” He whispered.

Sehun thought quickly about his story and thought of a way to make it foolproof. He gave Baekhyun a nudge and he leaned back over.

“I don’t want to tell anyone about my dad, you think you can help cover for me?” He asked.

“How?”

“Just… make sure no one bother’s me this weekend. The worst thing would be having to ignore stupid calls and texts”

Baekhyun smirked, “No problem… but, this isn’t some sort of excuse so that you can spend your birthday with your strange little girlfriend right?” the smirk on his face quickly faded as Sehun glared at him, “Alright, sorry it’s just a harmless little nickname!”

“She’s not my girlfriend and there’s nothing strange about her” He warned, sitting back and ending their conversation.

He tried to pay attention in class, but he might as well have not have even bothered. His mind had stupidly fixated himself on Baekhyun’s words. She was fun and he did like her, but she wasn’t interested he reminded himself. Still, he thought about the way she laughed and the way she had slowly become more comfortable around him and even he couldn’t deny to himself that it made him feel all warm and fuzzy. This was new to him, Sehun had discovered. He had liked girls before, he had been attracted to girls, but he had never wanted a girl like he wanted Seohyun. He had never actively wanted to see a girl all the time, talk to her, see what she’s doing, and just… be with her. It was scary, but if he had to spe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter