No. 27

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh! Seohyun right?” A familiar voice asked and Seohyun froze as she instantly recognized it. She looked up in surprise as Jongin stood in front of her.

“W-what are you doing here?” She asked, her voice on the verge of giving out.

She didn’t miss the weird look that crossed his eyes before he replied, “I was feeling like a bit of third wheel around those guys so I decided to head home. You left a while ago though… why are you just sitting here?” He asked.

“I…” She began, frowning as her mind went completely blank and the truth was the only thing that came spilling out, “I forgot my wallet. Since I came with Sehun I didn’t think I’d need it so here I am”

“Where do you live? We can split a cab and you can just pay me back later” He said brightly and she felt her stomach churn at the idea of having to be with him in a confined space.

She shook her head, “I’m just going to wait for my friend to get out of work then she was going to come get me” She insisted, watching as Jongin hailed a cab and it pulled out in front of him.

“Seohyun, have I done something to make you not like me?” He asked directly.

Seohyun stared at him for a moment, thinking that ironically, he couldn’t be further off from the truth. Not liking him wasn’t exactly her problem.

“Why would you say that?” She asked, against the better advice of her brain who begged her to simply agree that she didn’t like him and let him go.

Jongin watched her carefully before simply shrugging, “You just seem very uncomfortable by my presence. I’m just trying to be helpful” He said, holding the door of the cab open for her.

He studied her face carefully as a million different expressions crossed her face. None of them subtle in the least. He fought the urge to laugh at her clear indecision on whether this would be a good idea or not.

“I’m not uncomfortable. I… just didn’t want to be a bother” She said and he smiled. She wasn’t a very good liar. He could see right through her.

“Then come on” He said waving his hand as he watched her stand up and approach the cab. She thanked him quietly as she got in. He placed his hand on her shoulder and smirked as she jumped slightly as he climbed in behind her.

The ride was going to be a few minutes. For that Jongin was grateful as it gave him more time with her. She was beautiful he decided as he tried to stop himself from smiling too hard at the way she had purposefully pressed herself against the opposite end of the cab and kept her gaze fixed out of the window. Instant attraction. That’s what it must be. Although… he wondered if he seemed familiar to her at all?

“Have we met before?” He asked her as they neared her apartment.

She turned to him and he watched as she slowly shook her head, “I don’t think so” She said quietly, “Do you… think we have?” She asked and he watched as she held her breath for a second. For the first time tonight he felt momentarily disarmed. Like he was missing out of something he couldn’t really comprehend.

He moved closer to her in the cab and noted that she didn’t shrink back.

“No, you just seem familiar” He said casually. She nodded as she let her shoulders drop the tension they were carrying. He didn’t remember anything. She couldn’t decide if she was glad he didn’t or not.

“We’re here” The cab driver announced as he pulled off to the side.

Seohyun felt relief wash through her as she spotted the door into the building.

“Thanks for the ride” She said as she turned to the door, ready to leave before he grabbed her arm.

“Shouldn’t I get your number? So that you can call me when you’re ready to pay me back” He said casually.

She hesitated, she really just wanted to get away from him and no matter which way she thought about giving him her number was a bad idea. Plus even if he hadn’t been Jongin, she had a boyfriend and really couldn’t go around giving her number out to any random guy.

“I can just give Yixing the money through Sehun. Don’t worry about it, I doubt Yixing would keep it for himself”

He bit his lip as he thought it through and the familiarity of his habit startled Seohyun. She placed her free hand on the handle of the car door, she had to leave. Even if he didn’t act like her Jongin, there was no doubt everything else about him was exactly the same.

“That’s so complicated though. If you’re really that against me having your number then I guess that would be fine” He said and she felt slightly guilty, “But…” He began and Seohyun sighed.

She glanced down at his hand still holding onto her arm and remembered that the first thing she had to do was leave. She listened to him prattle on about a few reasons as to why it wouldn’t be weird and realized that he was just as stubborn as she remembered and from experience, she knew she wasn’t going to be winning this bat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter