No. 8

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun was only faintly aware of her surroundings as images flashed through her mind. Things she did not want to see, things that went by way too fast for her to even coherently understand. She felt her chest tighten as the feeling that her head was splitting open worsened. She whimpered as she tried to ease her pain. She felt her body stiffen and struggle to breathe. Sehun… He was in every single image that flickered through her mind. She shuddered as she realized these were his images, these were his memories. Fear struck her, she hadn’t lost control like this since she was young.

Something was wrong with her, these visions were becoming so much worse lately.

“Seohyun stop” A firm voice echoed in her mind.

Her panic subsided for a second as her mind registered Jongin’s voice.

“Help me” She whimpered.

“You have to stop” He insisted.

“I can’t” She whispered as the pain continued to echo through her mind.

“Yes you can” He whispered.

Seohyun swallowed and tried shut the connection out. She felt arms wrap around her and hold her tightly and she had no clue how Jongin managed to do it, but it was ok because she felt his warmth for the first time and she felt safe with him and that’s all that mattered.

“Don’t leave” She pleaded as the pain began to subside and clarity slowly returned to her.

“I’ll never leave” He promised as he held her tighter.

Seohyun opened her eyes with a shuddering gasp and her eyes widened as she stared up at Sehun. She froze for a moment her mind trying to process why he was in the mud with her and why he was holding her. His face looked relieved and she swallowed nervously as the rain fell harder. Only because of what had happened could she admit that for a split second she could see the attraction girls had for him. Her eyes took in the fact that his arms were around her and her face flamed in embarrassment. It hadn’t been Jongin holding her she realized with a disappointment that she told herself was nothing. She struggled to sit up as she carefully moved herself out of his arms.

“I need to go home” She muttered, “Thanks for staying with me” She said as she pushed herself up and waited for a second to make sure she was stable enough to keep walking.

“What the hell was that?” Sehun asked as he came to his senses and stood up, grabbing his umbrella though it was useless now. They were both soaked through the bone.

“I don’t know” She lied.

“Did they do something to you? Do you need to go to the hospital?” He asked and she shook her head.

“I’m fine now…. Did I say something while I was uh… having that moment?” She asked quietly as they both took shelter under the edge of the school roof.

“No. I think you were trying to, but I didn’t hear anything” He replied honestly and she relaxed a little. Jongin had been the one to help her after all. Sehun had just been a warm body she told herself. That was good.

She felt the echoes of the pain she had just suffered and blinked a few times trying to clear it away.

“I need to go home” She repeated more to herself as she reached in the pocket of her uniform and frowned already knowing her phone would not turn on.

She looked up a Sehun and bit her lip considering the pros and cons of asking for a small favor. On one hand she really wanted nothing more than to get as far away from him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter