No. 25

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun watched her carefully wishing that she would just tell him what on earth was going on. Seohyun had been acting strange ever since the day he had to go get her two weeks ago. It wasn’t even that she was being obvious about it, but it was little subtle things that would unsettle him. Like for example how they were sitting on her couch and she was staring blankly at the TV, her mind clearly somewhere else. He sighed quietly, he hated feeling so disconnected from her. He leaned over and planted a kiss on her cheek. He watched as she blinked rapidly and turned to him in surprise. It took her a fraction of a second too long to smile. It was almost as if she had just realized he had been there all along.

He reached over again and captured her lips with his. He felt the hesitation in her before she truly kissed him back. He leaned them both back into the couch as Seohyun tangled her fingers into his hair and held him tightly. His doubts momentarily disappeared as he only thought about what he felt as his fingertips snuck under the hem of her sweater and felt her bare skin.

Her fingers tightened around his strands of hair as she pulled back and they were both left breathless.

“Your hands are not where they should be” She whispered, a grin on her face.

“You can’t blame me for trying” He said, mirroring her grin as he repositioned himself so that he lied besides her on the couch, his arms wrapped tightly around her.

She stared up at him warmly as she settled into his arms. He was dependable and he was hers she thought to herself. The past was the past. Something to be forgotten and left behind. She shouldn’t even think about risking the future for the past. Especially when that past was basically all but imaginary to everyone besides herself. It didn’t exist outside of her mind. She knew that.

“Have I ever told you I love that you let your hair grow out dark again?” She said, absentmindedly playing with the strands of hair.

“I’ll never dye it again” He joked and laughed. She closed her eyes as the sound filled her ears and the vibrations of his laugh echoed into her chest.

He was real.

“We are missing a riveting part of the news” She said lightly as she tried to peer over his shoulder, trying and failing to free herself from his hold.

“But… It’s not like you were really watching” He said, his voice holding something back as he watched her go still.

“I was” She said quietly as she pulled her hand back from his hair.

“Are we really not going to talk about that day?” He asked suddenly, despite the rational part of his mind begging him to stop bringing it up.

“Sehun I told you. I got some bad news about a friend. It shocked me, but it is not my news to tell so I can’t talk about it” She said, her voice tense.

“I’m your boyfriend, don’t you think that if something shocked you to the point of crying in the middle of the street you should be able to talk to me about it? Especially when you’ve been different ever since?” He asked, watching her carefully as a frown came onto her face.

“I haven’t been acting differently” She defended as she untangled herself from him, sitting up, and pushing his legs off the couch in the process.

He caught himself before he fell off and stood up annoyed.

“You space out randomly, sometimes you even forget I exist!” He snapped. He frowned before shaking his head, “I just want to know what’s got you so out of it. I want you to trust me” He said.

“Sehun… it’s nothing that you have to worry about. That day I got news about someone I knew a long time ago. I don’t ever want to talk about it and I never will. I’m sorry if I’m acting strangely, but it’s still got me a little out of it” She explained as best as she could, “You just have to trust me. Besides, I’ll never get any more news about that person. I already cut off all ties”

“You can’t just tell me things like that and expect me to understand out of nowhere” He said firmly.

“I know! I just… I would tell you if it was more serious than it is. But it’s not and if I talk about it, that’s me giving it more importance so please. Can we just move on?” She said nervously, “Can we just watch TV and relax?”

Sehun knew that it was more serious than she wanted to admit and even though he wanted to keep pushing the issue he gave in as he let his shoulder drop and he sat back on the couch. He wrapped her up in his arms again and gave her a kiss on the forehead. She held his hand tightly, as if he would disappear if she dared to let go.

Seohyun had a million thoughts racing through her mind. The only one she chose to listen to was the one that was begging her to not mess things up with Sehun.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

“Yixing is part of the performance arts program at the university” Sehun explained excitedly through the closed door to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter