No. 39

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His lips were soft and everything Seohyun had imagined and more. She shuddered as his hand slid down the small of her back. It the blur of moving lips and wandering hands, a small sliver of clarity dawned upon her. Despite her own internal protests, she pulled back first. Her eyes fluttered open and her gaze met with his. She could feel her face burn with embarrassment as she stared down at him, suddenly speechless. He untangled one hand from her hair and laughed softly at the look of complete shock on her face. It took her another second for the haze to completely lift as she took in just how good Jongin smelled, his scent slightly intoxicating with a hint of familiarity.

"I think it's time I mention just how glad I am that you came to visit me" Jongin said, a slow grin developing on his face. There was a spark in his eyes that sent her heart leaping into .

She tried to think of something witty to say, but her mind remained blank. What was she supposed to say? Hey, you don't know this, but I've literally been waiting years to be able to kiss you? Or even better, not to sound creepy, but can we please do that again and maybe this time not stop? She blinked and tried to clear as she maneuvered herself away from his hands. She bit her lip as she ran a hand through her hair, stood back up and frowned. Why had she come again? 

To talk to him remember stupid? Way to lose the upper hand.

With the cheeky grin he was giving her there was no way he didn't realize just how badly she wanted him too. She cleared again as she shot a passing glance at a mirror that sat on the side of his desk and caught a glimpse of her disheveled hair. She ran a hand through her hair again in a futile effort to straighten it out while she tried to collect her thoughts. 

"Seohyun, do you like me?" Jongin asked bluntly, an annoyingly knowing smile on his face.

"If you could see the obnoxious look on your face you wouldn't like you either" Seohyun said dryly.

"So you don't?" Jongin asked, already spotting the way she tapped her fingers on her leg. Something she had always done whenever she was nervous.

"I just came here to talk" She said lamely, acutely aware that she had skipped over the talking part, "but maybe I should just go, you know? We can talk when you feel better"

"No wait!" Jongin said quickly as he swung his legs over the side of the bed and grabbed her arm, "Do you have to leave right now? We can talk, I promise to keep my hands to myself" He said quickly, eager to talk her and truly be able to listen knowing what he's known about her. He wondered how he should tell her, it was the only thought constantly blaring in his mind as he followed her eyes down to his hand on her arms.

Jongin smiled sheepishly, "Ok starting now" He said carefully letting go of her. He moved back on the bed to the furthest edge away from her and patted the empty space on the mattress. She looked at him wearily and he put his hands up to show that he wasn't going to do anything. Instead he crossed his legs and watched her patiently.

Seohyun found his sudden change of attitude unnerving. He looked the same, there was nothing visibly different about Jongin, but something was different. Looking at the spark in his eyes as he waited for her to take a seat reminded her too much of the Jongin that she had known and not of the arrogant version of the one she had been getting to know. She didn't know what it was about and worst of all, she didn't know how to deal with it. He smiled with encouragement and she tried to keep her face void of the butterflies that were going crazy in her stomach. Even though the voice in the back of her head was practically screaming at her to just pause and stop being dazzled by the sudden change in personality in Jongin, she took a seat at the edge of the bed.

"You don't have to look so uncomfortable" He commented, leaning to the side and cocking his head so that he peered up at her from the edge of her vision. 

Her lips twitched in a smile and his own smile brightened up as soon as he caught that. A thought popped into his mind and at the risk of ruining the very careful atmosphere they had both so cau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter