Epilogue

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s going to be cold” Seohyun said as she pulled out the thickest sweaters she could find from his closet.

“I’m not going to the Artic” Sehun said tiredly, staring at the ever growing pile of clothes that would never fit into the one suitcase he was packing, “and it’s just for a month” He added as he grabbed half of the clothes and set it apart.

She turned to him with an exasperated look on her face, “It’s going to be cold!” She insisted as she reached past him and added them back in.

Sehun rolled his eyes and once again took about half of the clothes off the pile.

“Ok, compromise. When I get there I can just buy more clothes if I need it” He offered.

Seohyun paused and a look of worry crossed her face.

“What’s wrong with that?!” Sehun asked in confusion. There was no way he was winning this argument.

“Nothing! It’s just that…”

“Just that what?”

“I’m just saying, you’re going to visit your dad and once you start buying stuff… you start settling in and then maybe you won’t want to come back” She said, refusing to look at him as she grabbed more sweaters and tried to stuff them into the poor suitcase.

Sehun watched her for a moment and sighed as he placed two firm hands on her shoulders and turned her to face him, “It’s just one month. Nothing more. I’m coming back” He assured her.

Seohyun sighed and shrugged his hands off.

That’s what everyone says.

“Let’s just get this ready. Your flight is leaving soon and we put this off until the last second”

The packing after that went by faster, but only because Sehun finally agreed to a second suitcase. Agreeing to that second suitcase was really the only way she was going to let him leave.

“Are you sure Jongin doesn’t mind?” Sehun asked curiously as they loaded the suitcases off the car at the entrance to the train station.

“That I came to see you off? No way” Seohyun lied, it had caused a small argument, but Jongin had caved, “You’re one of my best friends. I couldn’t let you leave by yourself. Plus Baekhyun and Minah are off on their vacation so if it wasn’t for me there wouldn’t be much of a farewell”

Sehun knew she was lying, her voice had echoed a fraction of an octave higher, but she was already here so he wasn’t about to send her away. Plus, it would be nice to say good bye. Seohyun waited by the seats as Sehun checked his ticket. He glanced back at her and smiled at how she paced near the seats, head hung low and arms crossed firmly over her chest. The letter in his pocket burned a hole into his jacket and he tried to forget about it. He didn’t even know why he had written it. Actually he did. It was all Baekhyun’s idea. The bastard had called him all the way from whatever island he was on and hurriedly told him his “brilliant” idea.

It was idiotic and Sehun was too because he had listened.

“Alright I’m ready to go!” He said excitedly.

That look of worry crossed her face again as she stood before him.

“Don’t trust strangers off the street and take care of yourself Sehun. You better come back safely” She insisted, a frown on her face.

“I will mom” He promised sarcastically.

They both stood awkwardly unsure of what their next move should be. Does he wave good bye? He was going to say a joke when a look of determination crossed her face and Seohyun stepped forwards and wrapped her arms around him in a firm embrace.

“Be safe” She said.

There was a lump in his throat suddenly as he stood still until she let him go.

“Tell Jongin thanks for being a good sport about you coming” He said finally, giving her a small wave goodbye and turning for the train.

You have to do it or you’re never going to move on, Baekhyun had said that night. The words echoed loudly in Sehun’s mind. They practically screamed at him until he stopped and hurried back to Seohyun. He wrapped his arms around her and squeezed her so tightly he worried she might break. He heard her laugh softly and a faint jab at how he was going to snap her in half before he let her go. This was it. No going back. Be brave Sehun.

“Don’t call” Sehun whispered into her hair, “please” He added as he let her go completely.

He peered at her curiously, her face was blank. Completely blank, no anger, happiness, sadness. Nothing.

“Why?” She asked, “You’re not coming back?”

“No, I am!  I’m definitely coming back. And after I’m back I want to still be your best friend. I want everything to go back to normal between us, but these past few months that you’ve been with Jongin I’ve just realized that I need space Seohyun. I ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter