No. 32

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun locked the door behind her and went straight for her bed. She collapsed onto the soft mattress and kept her head buried. She shut her eyes tightly and groaned. She shouldn't have told him they could talk, for all she knew he could be playing her again. She opened her eyes and let out a frustrated cry. She was an idiot. She thought about Jongin and Sehun and let out a sigh. Maybe she could just move away. Change her name and pretend she didn't know anything about either of them.

This was too hard. She wasn't equipped to make these kind of choices. No one had warned her that she would have to. She had thought that the only thing she was going to have to get over would be Jongin leaving her. She had done a good job. She had grieved, waited and moved on properly. She allowed herself to open that door with Sehun and then Jongin came back. So it would be cruel and selfish of her to shut the door on Sehun.

She wouldn't be able to do it, she shouldn't and couldn't do it she thought as sleep came over her.

The doorbell rang loudly and she sat up quickly, slightly disoriented from the sudden wake up call. Squinting in the dark, she glanced at the clock that told her that she hadn’t even been allowed to sleep more than a couple of hours and that the sun wasn't even up yet. Her stomach sank as she neared the door because she knew it would be Sehun. As she stared into his angry face she regretted being right. His clothes were wrinkled and behind the anger stood something that she couldn't quite identify. It had only been a few hours since they had fought. It clearly hadn't been enough time for him to settle down.

"How did you get home?" He asked bluntly as he took the liberty to walk in, "Did Minah give you a ride?"

Seohyun could have lied, but she knew from the tone of his voice that he wasn't asking because he didn't know. She closed the door quietly and turned to face him.

"I didn't need a ride from Minah" She said quietly, brushing back her hair.

"How did you get home then?" He asked, his voice void of the anger that she could see clearly.

"Why are you asking me if you know?" She said tiredly, walking over to him and leaning back onto the kitchen counter.

"I just want to hear you say it" He said, she glanced up at and met his cold eyes.

He was furious.

"He gave me a ride. He was being polite" Seohyun said.

"Polite... does he give you rides often? I heard that you guys are close which was interesting to hear since of course I hadn’t heard anything about him from you until tonight"

"Who did you hear that from?"

"Does it matter who? Was this the first time you've been in a car with him?" He asked.

Seohyun tried to find an answer, but the moment of hesitation was enough. Sehun swore loudly and Seohyun cringed.

"How long have you been lying to me? That night at the theatre, was that really the first time you met him or have you been seeing him for a while now?" He asked, his voice hoarse as he ran a hand down his face and breathed in deeply.

"You're making things sound worse than they are. I got one ride from him back when we all had dinner together. I didn't have money and I called Minah, but she wasn't getting out of class until later, he ran into me and offered a ride. That was it" She said firmly. It wasn't a complete lie.

"Why didn't you tell me about that?" He asked and she shrugged.

"It seemed insignificant. I had no clue it was all going to turn into this huge mess" She confessed.

"Why didn't you come with me tonight?" He asked and she looked away. The hurt feelings behind his voice were making her feel bad enough as it was.

"I had to find that bracelet. In the months that we've been dating have you ever seen me take it off?" She asked.

He thought about it and shook his head.

"It was a gift and it's supposed to keep me safe. I treasure it, I wasn't going to leave it there. You should have stayed" Seohyun countered.

He rolled his eyes, "No, you should have left with me! The bracelet would've been there the next morning. I suppose he stayed behind with you?"

“He helped me find it” She said as casually as she could.

He went quiet and Seohyun waited in silence, not daring to say anything else. She had already dug herself into a hole as it was. Although as she looked at him, she thought about the mess this had turned into and wondered if perhaps this wasn’t for the best. Ending things now before she could hurt him was probably the best choice. The voice in the back of her mind asked her who she was truly making the choice for. It asked her if she was truly thinking about Sehun or if it wasn’t her own selfishness pushing her to do it.

She was startled out of her dilemma when Sehun grabbed her hand. She glanced at their hands clasped together and tried to not compare it to the feel of Jongin’s hand around hers. If she had allowed herself to compare it, w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter