No. 21

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun stood outside of his house and weighed her options. Sehun probably had friends over at this point so it was useless to worry about him except for the fact that he sounded so sad and it made her uncomfortable to hear him like because Sehun never sounded like that. She looked around and then back down at the cookies in her hand. She would have come even if her mom hadn’t suggested she take them to check on him after she told her about the phone call. She had never seen her so eager to find an address and send her off than at that time. If there were people here she could just say her mom made her drop these off and leave right? She pressed her ear carefully and tried to listen. She couldn’t hear anything, but she felt something coming from his house. It was a cold feeling, one that chilled her down to her soul and reminded her of how she had first felt when Jongin left. She glanced at the neighboring apartments and hoped it was coming from them instead.

Before she ran away she rang the doorbell a single time. She waited for a few seconds before deciding she had done her duty. She placed the cookies carefully on the floor in front of his door and was about to leave when the door opened.

She stood speechless for a moment, not just because she was surprised that he had been home after all, but also because Sehun looked so… disheveled. His hair was wet and his face was so serious. She had seen him angry and this wasn’t it.

“What do you want?” He asked, his voice was low and emotionless.

Truthfully, Seohyun found herself a little scared. This wasn’t Sehun, there had to be something wrong.

“I…. uh… I brought you a gift, for your birthday” She said with a small smile as she bent down to pick them up and held them out to him.

He glanced down at them and surprised flickered through his eyes.

“Thanks. Was that it?” he said, already beginning to close the door. She nodded, still surprised by his attitude and watched him carefully as he took the cookie container from her hands. His fingertips brushed her hands and she gasped as her chest was gripped by an intense feeling of sadness coming from him. He closed the door on her and she stood there dumbly as she gripped her hands together. His hands had been freezing cold.

She wanted to walk away, but would have felt guilty leaving anyone like that. She knocked on the door again and waited. A full minute passed before she knocked again and he finally opened the door.

“What is it now?”

“Can I come in?” She asked and already seeing the no form on his lips added, “I need to use the bathroom urgently”

He clenched his teeth and sighed before stepping back and allowing her to come in. She hesitated for a split second before walking in. Instantly she felt as if the cold had surrounded her completely. He pointed in the direction of the bathroom and she allowed herself to shudder as she closed the door behind her. Why was he like this? What had happened? She wondered as she rubbed her hands together for warmth. Why was his spirit filling this place with cold? She flushed the toilet after waiting for a few moments and ran her hands under hot water. She shuddered, if she hadn’t felt anything she wouldn’t be bothering him she reminded herself. But still the question of why he was feeling like this plagued her.

“Do you have tea?” She asked firmly, as instead of heading out of the bathroom towards the door, turned into his kitchen.

“Seohyun, I’m not in the mood could you please leave?” He asked bluntly and she shook her head.

“You always invade my house. I just want some tea. I think you need some too. A warm cup of tea” She said slightly awkwardly. She hadn’t felt this awkward around Sehun in some time, but the unfamiliar situation threw her off.

“I just need to be alone. Get out” He said firmly.

“My mom told me to make sure you eat a cookie, she wanted me to report how they taste so I’ll just make some tea and that’s it” She said, grabbing the kettle off his stove and filling it up with water.

“I asked you to leave. I don’t need you here just because your mom forced you to come!” He snapped, angrily ripping the kettle from her hands.

“Hey! You don’t have be rude!” She snapped right back, taking the kettle from his hands and fill

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter