No. 40

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You can't just kick me out like this" The woman spoke calmly.

"I'm not trying to kick you out, but you can't just show up like this at my house. Especially without even calling me to tell me so!" Jongin said sternly.

There was a pause in their conversation and Seohyun inched the door open a little more. Technically she could appreciate the fact that she was eavesdropping. She didn't want to be like this, the girl who snoops on the guy, but was it even her fault? No, no it wasn't she thought stubbornly as a faint sense of anxiety settled into the bottom of her heart. She had a guess as to who the woman was, the annoying tone of her voice was unmistakeable, but she gave him the benefit of the doubt even as she grew more and more anxious with every passing second.

"I thought you might not have been able to sleep again so I was worried, but I'm guessing there's somebody else keeping you company?" She asked, her voice sarcastic and cold.

"I need you to leave Jinhee, ok?" Jongin said firmly. 

Seohyun closed her eyes in disappointment as she dug the fingers into her palm. Why did it have to be that woman? Why was she everywhere? Seohyun took a shaky breath and shook her head, surprised by the sudden overwhelming feeling of hatred and jealousy that washed over her. She gripped every little fiber of control in her body and tried to calm down.

"Afraid I'll wake up your girlfriend?" She snapped, her voice intentionally louder. If she was trying to wake her up, she was a little too late for that Seohyun thought angrily.

She could almost picture the mean twist in Jinhee's face as she talked about her. 

"Please, just go. I'll call you later and we can talk" Jongin said, his voice hushed. He was finally fixing things with Seohyun, talking with her last night, just talking was one of the happiest moments of his life. He loved hearing what he had missed and seeing just the type of person that she had become. Things were going right for once in his life, he wondered why it was in these times that something always went wrong, but he knew this particular problem he had brought in on himself.

"You're always so quick to get rid of me whenever she comes into the picture, but when she's gone you're someone else entirely. When you don't think of her you're mine" She said and Seohyun stared at the ground as she recognized the sound of pain in her voice. 

She had been a fool to believe that Jongin still belonged to her and her alone. The fact that Jinhee was here, so adamant in her conviction that Jongin loved her spoke to his behavior. She was just another Jinhee in his life at the end of the day.

"I have never been yours! We've never been in a real relationship, we were both clear about that from the beginning. I don't know in what other way I could possibly say this to you!" Jongin snapped, his voice was sharper and louder than they had both dared to be and Seohyun rolled her eyes at the way that they both were momentarily silent, afraid that they had woken her up and that she would come out ready to join the fight.

"That's not what you said when you called me the other night all torn up about how there were things you forgot or some stupid crap like that!" She hissed.

Seohyun held her breath for his response. Please, please, tell her she's crazy. Tell her she doesn't understand. Deny it all so I can believe you.

"... That was a mistake. I was alone and I didn't have anyone else. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have led you on" He said something else, but Seohyun was done listening in.

She grabbed the blanket off the floor and threw it on his bed angrily. She was annoyed and furious for falling for his stupid innocent act. The sad part was that she wasn't even angry with him, she was angry with herself for letting herself believe that he was opening up to her, that somewhere underneath the arrogance and women there was decent guy underneath. Seohyun grabbed her things and hesitated for a brief moment. She took a second to let the remainder of her hurt feelings wash over her before securely locking them away deep inside of her. This was nothing, she told herself, compared to the pain he had caused her before. She straightened her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter