No. 9

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You need to talk to me” Jongin said, leaning against her desk casually looking at the math homework she was working on.

“It’s not like I haven’t been talking to you” She murmured, forcing herself to keep her eyes fixed on her notebook. It was late enough and she really needed to finish this before going to bed.

“Really? Because the way it seems to me, you got home covered in mud because you ‘tripped’ and now you’ve barely said a single word to me” He said placing a finger on one of her answers “Also, you did that wrong”

She looked up at him with a spark of annoyance. She shook her head and shut the textbook closed, there was no way she was getting this done tonight anyways. She shouldn’t be annoyed Seohyun reminded herself. It wasn’t Jongin’s fault that he couldn’t be there then and yet even as she realized that, she was still frustrated. It was irrational, she really did realize that. He had no obligation to be there whenever she needed him. She had heard his voice though… that part she had been nearly sure of until she had gotten home and he seemed to know nothing of what had happened.  

For some reason, that irritated her to no end.

“Something is wrong with me” She said finally as she turned her chair around so that she faced him instead of her desk. Technically that was part of the reason of why she was frustrated.

“What do you mean?” He asked moving closer.

“There’s something wrong with me Jongin. I was basically crippled by a vision I had. No, it wasn’t even one vision, it was as if I was looking through everything. I could barely understand what I was seeing” She whispered. She could see the worry in his eyes and looked away.

She shouldn’t have said a word.

“…Whose vision did you have?” He asked and she hesitated before answering.

“Sehun” She finally said, looking up at him in time to watch as his lips set in a grim line.

“Ah, so it was him. Maybe you should just stay away from him in general” He commented, his voice holding a slight hint of something Seohyun couldn’t quite figure out.

“You don’t have to tell me twice. After that experience I felt too awkward to even look at him. Every time my mind wanders to what happened and I keep remembering things I don’t want to”
 She said shaking her head, “I invaded his privacy” She said grimly.

“It wasn’t your fault” Jongin assured her, “Just… stay away from him from now on”

“That makes no difference. Can’t you do something ghostly to erase my memory?” She asked with a small smile and he laughed.

“I promise that if there was something that I could do to make you forget Oh Sehun exists I would use it on you” He said and although his tone was joking, Seohyun thought the look in his eyes was quite serious.

She watched him as he subtly shook his head and smiled. He leaned down so that he was on eye-level with her, her heart nearly stopping when he got within inches of her. He studied her in silence as she sat in place completely frozen.

“W-What?”

“I’m just amazed at how different you looked when you got home” He said, his face suddenly breaking into a grin and she made a face.

“Was I that shocking when I got home?”

“On a scale of normal human to swamp monster?” He asked, his grin widening even further and she rolled her eyes despite the small smile on her face.

“Let me guess swamp monster?”

He nodded grimly and laughed.

“Actually though, can I try something?” Jongin asked.

“Try what?”

“Just close your eyes” He insisted. She looked at him suspiciously and with a quiet sigh closed her eyes.

It was strange to sit there knowing that he was right in front of her. She reminded herself that he was not a real person as her stomach fluttered with nerves. She had no reason to be nervous she told herself. Minutes ticked past and she felt herself get surprisingly tired. It was as if a wave of fatigue had washed over her and she decided that she would grant him one more minute because she really need to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter