No. 11

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun sat through her last class and counted down the seconds for it to be over. The bell rang and nearly shot up out of her seat. Waves of nausea came and went and she winced at the bitter taste in .  

She grabbed her stuff and rounded the corner only to run into Sehun and his little gang of friends. Their eyes met for a brief second as Seohyun ran past them.

“What the hell is wrong with the weirdo?” She heard one of them ask and Seohyun rolled her eyes as she ran down to where her mom was waiting.

“I told you not to try school if you felt sick” Her mom said as soon as she got into the car and Seohyun adjusted her seatbelt.

“I felt better, I don’t know why I suddenly got worse” She said bracing herself for the nausea that was sure to come with the car ride. She rolled the window down and took a deep breath. Her eyes wandered as her mom pulled out of the school and she caught a blond head standing in the school window watching her.

She must have a fever that was making her see things she figured, because she could have sworn Sehun looked a little worried.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

“How are you feeling?” Jongin asked.

“Better” She said with a sigh, “I’m so sick of being stuck in this room though. I can’t believe I caught a stupid stomach virus”

“I told you not to eat those left overs” Jongin said and Seohyun made a face.

“Yes, thank you. That’s exactly what I want to hear”

“I’m just saying, you should listen to my advice more often”

“Ok doctor, what would you recommend now?” She asked.

“A walk with someone you’re very close too” He said seriously and she laughed.

“Do you think that would be ok?”

“Why not?” Jongin asked, “Plus I’m a ghost, you can throw up in my general direction and none of it would get on me anyways” He joked and she made a face.

She slipped into a coat as she walked out of her room.

“Mom I need some fresh air!” She called out.

“Are you sure that’s a good idea?” Her mother asked, stepping out from the kitchen and drying her hands on a cloth, “You’ve barely been out of the bathroom, much less your room and last night your vomit was –“

“Mom!” Seohyun interrupted before she could get into any more disgusting details in front of Jongin, “I’m fine don’t worry about it”

Her mom looked doubtful before she nodded, “Come back soon ok?”

“Ok!” She said as she opened the door and stepped out, the much needed breeze suddenly blowing in her face.

“You don’t have to be embarrassed you know” Jongin said, noticing the blush on her face as they began to walk.

“I’m not”

“I get it, you were sick it’s not like I thought it was gross or anything. I’ve had that too and –“

“Jongin stop. Just… let’s just change the topic I don’t want to talk about how gross or not gross I’ve been these past few days. Can I ask my daily question?”

He laughed, “Ok”

“Alright, Jongin tell me something interesting about your family” She said, as they neared the park by her house.

“Hmm… I was a huge cry baby when I was younger. I would cry at nearly everything. My parents used to joke around and say that when I finally grew out of it they actually it actually took them a while to get used to being around a calm child” He said with a laugh.

“What did you cry at the most?” She asked with a bright smile.

“Everything. I’m serious you’d think this was a joke, but I’m not even exaggerating, a bug would walk past me and I would just start bawling”

“I can’t picture that at all!” She said finally unable to contain her laugh.

“Hey, the rule was that you can’t laugh anymore!” He scolded and she bit her lip to try to stop the laugh.

“Ok, now I’ve got a question” He asked, “Which of these flowers do you like the most?” He asked, pointing the ones planted around the park.

She walked around as she scanned the flowers, “Easy, chrysanthemums. I love how they smell and also how they come in so many different colors” She said as she stopped by a patch of them and admired them.

“I think you resemble a magnolias more” Jongin said crouching besides her.

“It must be because I’m so pretty” She joked with a grin.

“Exactly” He said casually.

Seohyun felt her heart skip a beat and she looked at Jongin who just watched her with an easy going smile. She laughed softly before his smile completely disappeared and he stood up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter