No. 24

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s been two months and you kept it a secret?!” Minah hissed into the phone as she hid in the bathroom of her part time job.

“We’re taking it slow!” Seohyun defended as she nearly tripped out the door.

“You take it slow, but then you inform me through a freaking text message?! What? When you get married am I only going to find out through an invite through email or whatever?!” Minah nearly screamed, “This is basically the moment I’ve been rooting for since forever! Also Baekhyun owes me a fully paid date because I told him this year it was going to happen!”

“Get back to work and stop betting on my life. We’ll talk in person tonight!” Seohyun said with a laugh, hanging up the phone as she ran down the street.

This was the third time she was late for class she thought in annoyance. She screeched to a halt as she didn’t make the light and waited impatiently to cross the street. Sehun was going to kill her if she didn’t show up on time too so she had that lovely thought waiting for her. Especially because he was stressed about finals, he thought it was encouraging her to drag her along for his strict study regimen. Now that they were dating she was basically chained to that damn study regimen of his she thought tiredly. She smiled though as she thought about him and was happy that he had agreed to take things slow after the kiss. She had only felt brave enough to go up to that point. She glanced around the sea of faces in a similar predicament as her and wondered who else was running late.

The light signaled that they could walk and she moved forward with the crowd as she sent Sehun a text asking him if he had anything she wanted to grab for tonight. She sent the text and looked up when she felt someone bump into her shoulder. A hauntingly familiar voice apologized and her chest suddenly tightened. She didn’t move as he continued to walk past her. He was glancing down at a phone in his hand as he walked without a care in the world. Her mind spun for a second as she turned around and her feet moved her forward so that she followed him for a few steps. Her stomach did a flip as a man bumped into him this time and apologized and she realized that everybody else could see him too.

This wasn’t possible. He was dead, he had been dead. This had to be someone else with a similar face. Had it been so long that she had really forgotten his features and she was confusing him with someone else? She stopped herself and shut her eyes tightly trying to calm herself down. This was her imagination suddenly springing up creepily real visions. She stared at the stupid bracelet and told herself it was probably defective. She was just conjuring up him in her mind because she was nervous about Sehun and stressed about finals. It was impossible she decided as she meant to turn around and head home before she heard it.

“Jongin! Over Here!” A girl’s voice yelled and Seohyun turned back in time to see him face her direction and smile brightly, just like her Jongin had done before. He hadn’t been looking at her at all though, instead a girl ran past her and into his arms and she felt the ground give way under her as everything went black.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

“Miss are you alright?” The paramedic asked as she opened to say something, but nothing came out.

She was sitting on the ground, a group of people around her as the men inspected her.

“I think I was just dehydrated” She said as she thanked them and assured them that she was alright and that they could go.

She stood up and looked around. Where… where did he go? He was there a second ago. Was she just going insane? Her phone rang in her pocket and she took it out with shaking hands to see that it was Sehun. She bit her lip and watched as the call eventually went to voicemail. She would call him back in a minute she told herself as she silenced the phone and called a cab. There was only one person who could explain this she decided.

She nearly knocked down Hyun Ok’s door as she tapped her foot impatiently.

“Seohyun! How are you? It’s been so long!” She began as she stepped aside and tried to assess the range of emotion that the girl was emitting.

“How is this happening?!” Seohyun nearly yelled as she walked in, her hands shaking.

“Calm down honey, how is what happening?” She asked gently.

“You made him leave! You said he was gone, but I saw him!” Seohyun said, everything suddenly hitting her hard and her breathing sped up.

“I’ve talked to you about this before, it’s just remains of —“ Hyun Ok began before Seohyun whirled around to face her, the panic and frustration in her clearly visible.

“This” She said holding up her wrist with the bracelet to her face, “Didn’t work. I saw him. I really saw him and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter