No. 43

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun sat in the cool controlled environment of his car staring silently at the place where he knew Jongin lived. He didn't really know why he was here. He had heard everything from Seohyun already, but part of him wanted to be sure that he was backing off for a good man. Seohyun herself had her doubts and they echoed in Sehun's mind all day and so he had ended up here. When he had asked Yixing for the address, his friend had made him swear that he wasn't going there in some twisted macho attempt to fight for Seohyun. Without going into detail Sehun had made it clear to Yixing that there was no longer a reason to fight.

His friend had been surprised at his response, but no more surprised than Sehun was at himself. He had tried to dissect why he was coming to terms with all of this in a manner that could only be regarded as a shining examples of inner peace. He figured he should be more torn apart, the love of his life had come in and been taken away in what seemed like a blink of an eye. Not to mention it wasn't like he was losing her to a stellar example of humanity, Jongin had flaws that anyone who knew him knew of.

That's why he was here. He figured it wouldn't hurt to step in and talk to Jongin. Have a man to man with the man who was stealing the only woman he had ever loved. Sehun shook his head, instantly dispelling the traitorous thoughts in his mind that alluded to a deeper intention in his subconscious. He just wanted to help he reminded himself.

With that thought in mind he stepped out of his car when he saw Jongin exit the building.

"Jongin!" He called out, running over to him. The smile he had been trying so hard to keep on his face disappearing as soon as his name escaped his lips.

Jongin stopped at the sound of his name. He turned to find Sehun behind him. His body tensed, unsure of what to expect from his sudden appearance. He holstered the gym bag up higher on his shoulder and waited for him to speak, he certainly had nothing to say to him. Plus he needed to go find Seohyun and talk to her, he wasn't in the mood to waste any more time.

"I thought we should talk about Seohyun, you know?" Sehun said.

"I don't think we have anything to talk about" Jongin said calmly, the relaxed manner in which he said it irked Sehun.

"Really? You meddle into someone else's relationship and you can't think of anything that I might want to say to you?" Sehun said firmly, watching as Jongin squared his shoulders and met his eyes directly.

Sehun hesitated a moment and purposefully forced himself to relax, "Listen, I'm not here to fight. I had a long talk with Seohyun, she told me the truth about everything" Sehun explained.

Jongin took in a deep breath, "Listen, somehow I doubt that. Whatever she told you, she must have told you because she wanted to spare your feelings from the truth or whatever"

"Ah... That makes sense, why tell me the actual truth when instead she could feed me crazy lies about being psychic and meeting your spirit right?" Sehun said sarcastically, satisfied at the look of shock on Jongin's face.

You're not the only one who was special to her Jongin.

Jongin for a moment, did not react. Knowing that Seohyun had confided in him to the extent where she voluntarily confessed out her deepest secrets to him... that only meant that Sehun still meant quite a bit to him. The realization only made him want to get to Seohyun even faster.

"Did you want me to congratulate you then?" Jongin asked sarcastically, hiding his present worries. Sehun smiled brightly, the kind of smile that told Jongin he could see right through him and he felt his own temper begin to flare.

"As much as I'm enjoying this, and please, don't doubt that I am" Sehun began, "I just came to make sure that she's not getting involved with someone she shouldn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter