No. 12

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Seohyun wake up!” Her mother cried out as she found her lying there.

“Where is he?” Seohyun asked groggily, trying to figure where she was and why her mother sounded so worried.

“A spirit Seohyun?! A spirit?! We’ve talked about this since you were young! I’ve warned you about this!” She yelled, pulling her up gently despite the anger dripping from her words.

“W-what are you talking about?” Seohyun said, wincing at how hoarse her voice sounded.

“Am I stupid? Do you think it’s normal to see my daughter pinned to a wall? Do you know how scary it was to run to you lying there, mumbling about some… thing and being unable to wake you up?”

“What?” She whispered, shutting her eyes tightly as the world spun around her.

“You were attacked Seohyun” Her mother said quietly, placing both hands on either side of her daughter’s face.

Seohyun steadied herself and tried to think back. Slowly memories began to form in her mind. Most present was the feeling of tightness around her neck. Her hand slowly went to her neck and she felt the skin, wincing slightly at the soreness. As the night slowly came back to her she looked around.

“Don’t worry darling you’re safe” Her mother said, mistaking her worry about Jongin for fear instead.

“I’m not… scared. This was a mistake. Something’s happening, but he’s not violent” She said, straining her voice to the point of sharp pain.

“Seohyun that thing almost killed you”

“He’s not ‘that thing’ stop calling him that” Seohyun said trying to figure out how to calm her mom down. Now really wasn’t the time to get offended at what her mother called him Seohyun supposed, but it made her uncomfortable none the less.

“No, you stop humanizing an inhuman spirit Seohyun. I’m sorry I thought you had this all handled, but it’s clear you don’t. I called a friend of your grandma’s and she’s going to make it so that thing leaves you alone”

Seohyun shook her head as she broke free from her mom’s hold and backed up.

“Please, please listen to me! You can’t make him go away. He’s not like what you’re imagining”

“Seohyun this is not healthy for you! He is isolating you and he’s not real! Is this why I don’t see Minah around anymore?” Her mother asked and Seohyun felt a surge of anger pulse through her.

“I’m fine! And you don’t see Minah anymore because she turned out to be a !”

“Seohyun!” Her mother yelled, “This isn’t normal!”

“I’m not normal! So yes I have a friend who isn’t a physical human being, but its fine! You don’t know anything about him!”

“I know he’s not human and that’s all I need to know. Seohyun, your grandmother told me enough about those types of spirits. They are like parasites and they invade your life and that is no longer going to happen in this house!” Her mother screamed and Seohyun felt the fear and worry coming from her mother wash through her with a sickening feeling.

“You can’t make me do anything. This is my choice. You know nothing about any of this anyways, you got skipped over, don’t pretend to understand!” Seohyun turned and refused to listen to anymore as she ran up to her room and shut the door.

She shut her eyes tightly even as she heard the hum of her mother’s voice downstairs on the phone with her dad. She opened them again and looked around her room. The worry was now hers as she waited for Jongin to appear. He had to be alright, there was no way som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter