No. 26

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Just ask them” Jongin insisted.

“Oh yeah because aiding and abetting you in whatever plan you have is something I want to do” Yixing said tiredly as he picked at his food and rolled his eyes.

“Come on please!” Jongin begged as he leaned forward, careful to avoid the cup of water on the side of the table.

“I swear to god Jongin I know you’re making up for lost time, but I saw the way you stared at his grilfriend! He’s my friend too and if you have something brewing in your mind I swear –“

“I don’t!” Jongin defended, “I mean I’m not blind, but I just think she’s interesting. I think I’ve seen her somewhere before… I just want to figure out where!” Jongin said not totally lying. Everything he had said was true, he did think he had seen her somewhere before, but he also wasn’t completely immune to the idea of getting to know her as a little more than a friend…. Yixing had been right ever since the accident, obstacles like a girl having a boyfriend just seemed so… insignificant.

“No, definitely not” Yixing insisted as he placed his fork down and tried his hardest to look angry.

“I promise if you do this for me I won’t miss a single rehearsal for the next month” Jongin said with a raised brow as he stuffed a particularly big bit of pancakes into his mouth.

Yixing thought about it and Jongin could see his victory before he finally said, “Fine, one dinner and if I catch you even trying something I’ll drag you out myself” Yixing warned and Jongin laughed.

“Thank you my good friend!” He said with a laugh.

“Don’t laugh as if I’m doing a good thing because if we didn’t need you to stop missing rehearsals then I wouldn’t even be doing this… what happened to the girl you were with last week anyway?” Yixing asked

“Oh, I moved on” Jongin said with a carefree shrug.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

“So… Seohyun what are you going to school for?” Jongin asked as he sat across from her.

Seohyun looked up from her plate as everyone turned to look at her. She glanced at Jongin, whose brown eyes stared at her expectantly and shrugged.

“I’m actually not too sure yet. I’m just kind of trying to figure things out as they come” She answered lightly, fighting to put a smile on her face despite feeling so incredibly uncomfortable.

“She’s actually been considering going into law” Sehun announced proudly and she grimaced, silently begging Sehun to stop talking about her.

Yixing said something and Seohyun toned them all out. When she had agreed to come along she had originally thought it was only going to be Yixing. Had someone been kind enough to explain to her that the invitation had been extended to one more person, she would have faked a cold and stayed home instead. No, instead she had decided to come along and this was where she had landed herself. Sitting across from the last person in the universe she wanted to be near. She took a sip from the wine in her glass and her eyes accidentally wandered over the top of the glass and met Jongin’s gaze. Her breath caught as she softly choked on her drink.

“Are you ok?” Sehun asked and Seohyun nodded quickly as she tried to clear .

“About Saturday, did you want to come along? A bunch of the other guys we used to hang out with are going to be there” Yixing said to Sehun.

“Yeah definitely, what are we doing?” He asked.

Yixing was going to reply when Jongin interrupted, “Sorry I know I’m butting in, but I never got to hear about what you do Sehun” He said and Seohyun glanced up quickly at the edge his voice held.

Her eyes darted to Sehun and Yixing, but neither seemed to have noticed.

 “My dad owns an exporting company so I’ll probably just end up taking over and working there. The plan is business right now” Sehun said with a shrug.

“Isn’t that sort of… dull?” Jongin said casually, “You know, the good little boy following daddy’s plan?” He asked, taking another sip of his wine and staring at Sehun with little emotion.

Yixing turned to stare at Jongin with surprise. If it wasn’t for the fact that they had barely just met, he would have sworn that Jongin really didn’t like Sehun. Which wouldn’t have been that far off because despite the fact that Jongin himself realized he was being somewhat rude, something about Oh Sehun just rubbed him the wrong way.

“I guess you can see it that way. I think of it as a legacy” Sehun said, his words brisk. Seohyun looked at Sehun worriedly and took his hand. Sehun’s jaw was set and she could tell he was getting annoyed.

“Watch out, arrogant boys who think of themselves as part of a legacy are usually heartbreakers” Jongin joked, though no one really laughed.

Seohyun frowned and decided to say something before Sehun blew up as his hand tigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter