No. 22

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin sat in a doctor’s office and smiled brightly as the doctor finished examining him.

“You’re in remarkable health considering what happened” He said as he motioned him over to the computer.

“That’s a relief” He said, his smile faltering slightly.

“Is something wrong? You know a huge part of staying healthy is trusting your doctor and being open about any worries you have” The older man said kindly.

Jongin nodded, “I’ve been having these dreams…” He began before the sound died. The image faded in an out like a corrupted movie. Images flashed past quickly and it was all gone.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Seohyun woke up and instantly reached for the notebook she had begun to keep at her bedside. She frantically wrote down every detail she could remember before it began to fade away. If her dreams were trying to tell her something, she was going to make sure she figured it out. When she finished writing it down she flipped back and looked back at the dreams she had been having. Her fingers touched the pages tenderly as she hoped that she would dream about him once again. She put the notebook aside and began to get ready for school. She dropped her backpack as thoughts of Jongin cleared and she remembered what had happened with Sehun.

Her cheeks burned and she paused as she looked around. If Jongin had been around…

“In case you’re there” She whispered, fully aware she was probably talking to herself, “It was all him. I didn’t want to kiss him” She waited for a moment and nothing happened.

For the first time, she really hoped that Jongin hadn’t been around for that.

Even if he had been around though, even he could understand Sehun was probably feeling all emotional because of all his problems and he was just a friend so that kiss was practically all, but nonexistent. Still, she didn’t quite know what she would do when she saw him again. She went downstairs and found her parents.

“Good morning, you have time for breakfast?”

“Yup! Morning!” Seohyun said, trying to act natural, “Oh Sehun loved the cookies mom”

“He did? That kid is so nice! I love having him over. You should invite him over for social visits aside from just tutoring. He’s pretty handsome too!” Her mom said excitedly and Seohyun cringed as her dad rolled his eyes and focused harder on his breakfast.

That was good old dad. At least Seohyun never had to wonder who had passed down the trait of wanting to avoid difficult things until the last possible moment.

“Actually we talked a lot last night and we decided I’m at the point where I don’t need a tutor anymore!” Seohyun said brightly.

“What? No, Sehun is so good for you!” Her mom said instantly and Seohyun cleared .

“Good for my studies you mean?”

“Yes….” Her mom said rather guiltily and Seohyun rolled her eyes.

“Mom seriously. He has a girlfriend!” Seohyun lied.

“What?! Then I suppose your grades are high enough now” She said and Seohyun laughed at the droop in her shoulders, glad that she had told her Sehun had a girlfriend, “I’ll call the school later today, but as soon as your grades dip I’m finding you another tutor!”

“Then I’ll make sure my grades don’t go down anymore!!” Seohyun said with a bright smile thankful that her mom had agreed so easily. It wasn’t that she was going to cut Sehun out of her life. It’s just that they both needed time apart and she just… honestly didn’t really want to deal with any of that right now.

If she gave it enough time she was sure it would all go away on its own.

With that spirit in mind she waited until the last possible minute to get to school so that she wouldn’t have to run into him. Sure, she would be a little late, but it was worth it.

“Why are we hiding?” Minah asked later that day as they sat in the music room during lunch. The music room was conveniently in the lower floor and deserted during lunch time.

Seohyun hesitated before deciding to test her newly reinstated friendship with Minah, “I’m hiding from Sehun” She confessed.

Minah swallowed the food in and leaned forward, “Did he confess??” She asked excitedly, and to her credit as hard as Seohyun tried to feel any signs of malice from her, there were none. So she decided to trust her a little.

“Not really, just… things got weird and I need space” She said finally.

“Weird how? Weird like romantic?”

“Maybe?” Seohyun said with a groan.

“You don’t like him at all?”

“No! Not like that!” Seohyun said firmly.

“If that other guy wasn’t in the picture, would you like him?” Minah asked.

“I… don’t know, going by that train of thought I might have liked any random person off the street” She said with a chuckle and Minah sighed.

“You’re an avoider, which is ok usually, but you can’t avoid him forever” Minah said kindly, “Besides how long are you going to wait for someone who isn’t coming back? It’s been nearly a year Seohyun”

“His time isn’t up” She said quietly.

“Maybe it should be” Minah offered, kindly smiling at her friend, “At the very least don’t lose your friendship with him. That’s my opinion anyways. Besides the heart isn’t a fixed thing, it changes all the time”

“I don’t want it to change…” Seohyun said quietly.

“His n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter