No. 23

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun slept soundly and woke up to Jongin’s voice in her dream calling her name. She yawned as she sat up in her bed and rubbed her eyes. She hated it when that type of thing happened after she eventually figured that it was probably a combination of her mind compensating for him being gone. The fact that she had these strange powers probably didn’t help. She had talked with Hyun Ok once about it, she had told her it was probably just remains of him that had stayed with her permanently. She stood up and went to her closet and tried to figure out what to wear for tonight.

“Seohyun are you awake?” Minah called as she let herself into her friend’s apartment.

“Yeah!” She yelled back as she opened the door to her room and Minah walked in and directly went to lay on her bed.

“Did you take a nap?” She asked her, fixing her dress as she got more comfortable.

“Yeah, I forgot I had an econ paper due for Professor Kim’s class due by noon so I didn’t get any sleep the night before” Seohyun replied yawning away the last remnants of her sleep.

“You complain now but remember how you cried after the university entrance exams two years ago because you were sure you had failed and that everyone would get in without you?” Minah teased and Seohyun laughed.

“Don’t remind me!”

“Hey, what did you get for Sehun?” Minah asked as she watched Seohyun smile brightly.

“It’s a secret. The more important question is what am I wearing tonight?” Seohyun asked running a hand through her messy hair.

“I knew it was a good thing I came early” Minah said as she pushed herself off the bed and moved her friend aside, ready to plunge into her closet, “You should go y tonight”

Seohyun scoffed and crossed her arms, “Why?”

“Because you in an outrageously short dress is probably the only gift Sehun would need” Minah said as she pulled out the short black dress Seohyun had only worn out twice.

“You’re crazy” Seohyun said with a laugh as she grabbed the dress from her hand and threw it back in the closet.

“It might be crazy, but I’m not wrong!” Minah said loudly, her voice slightly muffled as she rifled through the clothes.

Seohyun shook her head and turned to the mirror wondering if she should put her hair up. It needed a haircut she thought as she examined how long it had gotten. There was a sudden crash and Seohyun gasped in surprised as she turned to find Minah and a box besides her.

“Are you ok?!” She asked her as she helped her up, trying not to laugh once she was sure that she was alright.

“This is the last time I help you pick clothes” Minah muttered as she pushed the box aside.

“You can just leave it there. I’ll clean it up later. I think I’m just going to wear some jeans and a nice sweater or something” Seohyun said as she stood up.

“Oh, this is pretty” Minah said and Seohyun stared in surprise as she saw the bracelet that Minah was holding up.

“I thought I had lost that” Seohyun whispered, taking it carefully from her hand and staring at the red bead hanging from it.

“Where did you get it? It’s really nice, wear it tonight” Minah said, noticing the way her friend’s face had changed slightly.

“I should right?” Seohyun said as she held the bracelet tightly. She smiled suddenly so as not to worry Minah and grabbed some clothes off the hangers, “I should start getting ready!”

“Hey Seohyun, are you really not planning on acknowledging Sehun’s feelings?” Minah asked her friend curiously, figuring that after they headed over there wouldn’t be another chance to talk about it.

“That was when we were still in high school. There’s nothing to acknowledge” Seohyun said nervously.

“Not according to Baekhyun. Plus, you’ve known the man for nearly 4 years now and you really think that he doesn’t like you at all?” Minah said as she pushed Seohyun into the bathroom, clothes and towel in hand.

“I don’t know! Things change! It’s been a while!” Seohyun yelled from the bathroom after she closed the door.

“This is the man that went from dating any girl he could get his hands on, to basically becoming a monk. Why would he do that if he wasn’t waiting for Saint Seohyun to finally move on?” Minah asked and Seohyun made a face.

“Whatever!” She snapped, ending the conversation as she the shower. She bit her lip as she held the bracelet in her hand. She stared at it and remembered Hyun Ok’s words about it as clear as if everything hadn’t happened 3 and a half years ago. Without hesitating any longer she clasped it on and vowed to never take it off. She was done dealing with the ghost of a ghost and with the craziness her powers brought with it.

Freshman year she nearly freaked out when she had accidentally shaken a professors hand and found out he had been having nasty affairs with 3 different classmates. That type of should stay in their minds, she wanted no part of it any more. Hopefully the bracelet did its job and blocked out anything of her power that was left. Including her strange Jongin related dreams. Granted they had really died down, but it would be great to not have them anymore at all she told herself.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Seohyun walked into the restaurant with Minah and grinned as she spotted Sehun and Baekhyun waiting with a table ready. Sehun noti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter